Asking the fans

I think we all know that the prices are not going to change drastically in the next few seasons. In fact, I would bet that as we (hopefully) progress on the pitch and (again, hopefully) up the table our prices will probably go up.

If people do not have the means or finance to go then that's fine - I've been there and will not say a bad word against people in that position. But what about the people with the money, who are financially comfortable but choose not to go? What can be done to get those people to go? Is there something simple that could be done to entice them back? Or, is it simply down to many years of crap football and no hope?

I think we all know that the prices are not going to change drastically in the next few seasons. In fact, I would bet that as we (hopefully) progress on the pitch and (again, hopefully) up the table our prices will probably go up.

If people do not have the means or finance to go then that's fine - I've been there and will not say a bad word against people in that position. But what about the people with the money, who are financially comfortable but choose not to go? What can be done to get those people to go? Is there something simple that could be done to entice them back? Or, is it simply down to many years of crap football and no hope?

I think what we're missing here is that these days people tend to spend what they earn and then some hence the massive national debt. If you earn a bit more you buy a nicer car, buy a bigger house and go on more than one holiday a year. Or have kids and as in my case value my down time with the family. That said if I still lived in Walkley I'd be there every match.

I think what we're missing here is that these days people tend to spend what they earn and then some hence the massive national debt. If you earn a bit more you buy a nicer car, buy a bigger house and go on more than one holiday a year. Or have kids and as in my case value my down time with the family. That said if I still lived in Walkley I'd be there every match.

Not doubting what you say for one second mate, but there are people out there (I know some) who have plenty of disposable income. Young professionals with no commitments who would rather spend a hundred quid down meadowhall on a saturday afternoon yet who say they follow SWFC.

Looks like it's mainly money then, or rather the crap football means people are not willing to fork out the money...

Unfortunately I very much doubt the prices are likely to drop at any time soon. Football in this country is all about money and we wouldn't compete without it.

Personally, I felt exactly the same at the Udders game (and at several others!) recently but I still renewed s/t. I knew if I didn't, I'd end up finding excuses not to go at all. I wanna be there when/if we turn the corner! You've gotta have faith!

Guest Triplej2

Not doubting what you say for one second mate, but there are people out there (I know some) who have plenty of disposable income. Young professionals with no commitments who would rather spend a hundred quid down meadowhall on a saturday afternoon yet who say they follow SWFC.

i think people want more for their hard earned nowadays, £20/£30 quid has a different value now than a few years ago. That amount is so much easier spent when there's a very good chance you'll enjoy it!

Guest 03 owl

I pay for the WP as i cannot get to all games, i even thought to my self if they charged £5 - £7 Live stream but then that will open up another kettle of fish i should imagine, or even if they did it on certain games just a thought :smile: .

By the way are we all giving someone a vision for a Job Vacancy? :biggrin:

Edited by 03 owl

Looks like it's mainly money then, or rather the crap football means people are not willing to fork out the money...

Unfortunately I very much doubt the prices are likely to drop at any time soon. Football in this country is all about money and we wouldn't compete without it.

Personally, I felt exactly the same at the Udders game (and at several others!) recently but I still renewed s/t. I knew if I didn't, I'd end up finding excuses not to go at all. I wanna be there when/if we turn the corner! You've gotta have faith!

Not so sure about that I think that at some time in the future a club will go out of business. They simply can't afford to pay the inflated wages and pass the cost on to the fans.

If they spend it on clothes,a game, a C.D. it will last a lot longer than 360 minutes (equivalent to 4 games = £100) and they might get more enjoyment out of it.

Guest owlinlincs

Is there a group of lads in lincoln that go to most games? If i could get in with a group of lads from lincoln that make a day of it i would go to a lot more games. Going on my own or trying to talk a mate in to going is a pain in the arse

Is there a group of lads in lincoln that go to most games? If i could get in with a group of lads from lincoln that make a day of it i would go to a lot more games. Going on my own or trying to talk a mate in to going is a pain in the arse

TBH I always thought you went with a car load. If I ever get the urge to go again I might get in contact with you. Got to admit the cost of fuel is a consideration for not going.

Guest owlinlincs

TBH I always thought you went with a car load. If I ever get the urge to go again I might get in contact with you. Got to admit the cost of fuel is a consideration for not going.

I used to spend most of the week trying to talk mates in to going.it was hard work but if you do go deffinately let me no

Guest owlinlincs

will do, I live in Woodhall so not that far away.

Woodhall ? couldnt you get one of your buttlers to drive lol lol I have just got a place on brant road behind the crows nest.Just let me no next time you are going and we can sort someting out