Blackburn Rovers 3 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday - Wednesday 24th August

Actually it's not that unreal, players fitness and the league are much more higher priorities than getting nowhere in the cup nobody takes seriously.

Thank god the players and managers didn't share your view back in 1991. I take it you don't celebrate the 1991 League Cup victory then as this cup is pointless? I mean we have won so much since then and all that.... Oh wait.

Times have changed. But should I change my views because some people don't like my opinion? Nah.

You pretty much did back down straight away after your original post.

The fact remains it is a joke for a Wednesday fan to mock the only cup we have won since 1935. It would be a massive thing for us to win it and its hardly a distraction. I'd expect that attitude from a fan of a top four side

You pretty much did back down straight away after your original post.

The fact remains it is a joke for a Wednesday fan to mock the only cup we have won since 1935. It would be a massive thing for us to win it and its hardly a distraction. I'd expect that attitude from a fan of a top four side

I know where Patch is coming from and it is wrong to compare the League Cup then to now as a lot has changed in football in twenty years.

I always want us to win but I'd rather go up this year more than anything.

Was it you who merged the thread???

Guest AntPoole

We can have a look later. Is it down to be streamed??

Well i know it's not on ESPN or Sky but usually on cup nights there will be some foreign channel showing it, might be able to nab a stream from that.