Adam le fondre

Guest Big Guns

Seen as Milan is reluctant to spend any more coin and most on here agree with him ,I have one question for all you know it flippingalls if we spent 500k on a striker and paid him 6k a week and he scored 30 goals and got us promoted is that a bad thing.

Seen as Milan is reluctant to spend any more coin and most on here agree with him ,I have one question for all you know it flippingalls if we spent 500k on a striker and paid him 6k a week and he scored 30 goals and got us promoted is that a bad thing.

Is this your public backing for Mellor to get 30 goals this season? Will be interesting for sure. At least our defence should have had a good bit of playing in training aginst him.

If the 30 goals and the promotion were an absolute set in stone guarantee then yes £500k and £6k per week would be worth it. But as it's not a guarantee, it's not.

Also I'm curious as to which of the strikers we've been linked with is capable of scoring 30 goals. Le Fondre hasn't in a league below. McDonald didn't at that same level. Mellor didn't in this team last year.

Guest Big Guns

If the 30 goals and the promotion were an absolute set in stone guarantee then yes £500k and £6k per week would be worth it. But as it's not a guarantee, it's not.

Also I'm curious as to which of the strikers we've been linked with is capable of scoring 30 goals. Le Fondre hasn't in a league below. McDonald didn't at that same level. Mellor didn't in this team last year.

mellor would this season ,with our much improved midfield ,forget alf its mellor we need

To be fair mellor didn't play in this team last season, with the new additions our strikers might get better deliveries and assistance

Guest totemowl

How do you know he won't get injured - or is it your turn to be a know it flippingall?

Will he be on a long contract and useless in the championship? If so it might be better to spend less - but still get promoted.

There is a danger we will overspend now and not have the monies or players we need to get out of the premiership. Not much of a risk with one player, but...

Edited by totemowl

Guest Big Guns

Why's my thread been merged into the alf thread when its nowt to do with alf,I've made a point of not commenting in this thread