Better than Steve MacLean?

Guest Reneowlsup

Guest foreverSWFC

We actually decided to sign MacLean over Heffernan.

Wrong, it was Maclean or Scott Taylor who was at Blackpool.

I couldn't give a monkeys how a player scores the goals, and IMO penalties are harder to score anyway the majority of the time.

I rate both Mellor and Maclean and comparing like for like is a bit unfair when they both are different players, however, if I had to choose I think I would say I would currently prefer Mellor

They're both different sorts of players, Mellor is by far the better player on his day, but SM was much more consistent and far better with the ball at his feet. I doubt MacLean would have missed the tap-in Mellor did in the first minute yesterday.

SM also won us plenty of penalties too, him and Mellor both seem to go down fairly easily in the box.

I'd also agree with the guy that said MacLean was a very similar sort of player to Heffernan, pity he hasn't had the chances here or I'm sure he could have been just as prolific in front of goal as Steve was.

They're both different sorts of players, Mellor is by far the better player on his day, but SM was much more consistent and far better with the ball at his feet. I doubt MacLean would have missed the tap-in Mellor did in the first minute yesterday.

SM also won us plenty of penalties too, him and Mellor both seem to go down fairly easily in the box.

I'd also agree with the guy that said MacLean was a very similar sort of player to Heffernan, pity he hasn't had the chances here or I'm sure he could have been just as prolific in front of goal as Steve was.