Home support

Norwich manager has cited their home support as being a major driver behind their success this season.

Maybe we should take note and shed our 'I'm here to see us win 10-0 otherwise I'll boo' attitude?

We could improve the atmosphere by getting behind the ultras.

Or if the fans sang in the 1st place we wouldn't need the ultras copying every club they watch, we wouldn't need the band to create an atmosphere either. To improve the atmosphere we'd need cheaper tickets to bring more fans in and then keep up the recent good form.

All we need is a winning culture and the players to show they want to play for the shirt on the field. If this happens week in week out we will all get behind the team as we always do. lol:rolleyes:

lol

Or if the fans sang in the 1st place we wouldn't need the ultras copying every club they watch, we wouldn't need the band to create an atmosphere either. To improve the atmosphere we'd need cheaper tickets to bring more fans in and then keep up the recent good form.

Bit exaggerated personally, we sing 2 songs that are from different clubs, 'Just Can't Get Enough' and 'Sing On Our Own' one, apart from that its mainly Wednesday songs

Edited by bolly1988

I don't think I've heard a single song from you that's a Wednesday song, I've heard you do the Liverpool one for Suarez, and the Man City/Lech Posnan turning around jumping to the back of the stand and you can't even get that right!

I can assure you we do sing mainly Wednesday songs, come and join us and get behind the lads :biggrin:

At the end of the day all were trying to do is get a better atmosphere going down at s6, I know some people won't like all our songs, and thats fair enough, but its about giving non stop backing and support for our Wednesday!!! UTO

Hillsborough probably has more empty seats than almost any other stadium in the country. (Darlington and poss Rotherham are the only others who have 20k+ empty seats each week that I can think of). I really think the club should shut areas. Shut the grandstand and move everyone there to the south. Cover the upper lepp - maybe with the forward together flag. Close the wings of all stands. Would even say close the top ten rows of all stands. Push everyone together.

Some things may be unpopular to begin with but it will improve the atmosphere which hopefully will get the players going.

Make the stadium smaller -> Improve atmosphere -> Results pick up -> More people come to matches -> Open up all stadium again -> End Result: Full Hillsborough with great atmosphere.

Been here before im afraid at the end of the day you won't get an atmosphere at hillsborough with so many empty seats week in week out.

Agreed.

Do we know have the club ever seriously looked at charging half as much to get twice as many in to try to end up with the same £s in the bank?

I don't think I've heard a single song from you that's a Wednesday song, I've heard you do the Liverpool one for Suarez, and the Man City/Lech Posnan turning around jumping to the back of the stand and you can't even get that right!

Feel free to show us how its done. And Suarez song, I've read people saying about it but I just haven't got a clue what it is.

Hillsborough probably has more empty seats than almost any other stadium in the country. (Darlington and poss Rotherham are the only others who have 20k+ empty seats each week that I can think of). I really think the club should shut areas. Shut the grandstand and move everyone there to the south. Cover the upper lepp - maybe with the forward together flag. Close the wings of all stands. Would even say close the top ten rows of all stands. Push everyone together.

Some things may be unpopular to begin with but it will improve the atmosphere which hopefully will get the players going.

Make the stadium smaller -> Improve atmosphere -> Results pick up -> More people come to matches -> Open up all stadium again -> End Result: Full Hillsborough with great atmosphere.

I'd go for that.

Guest totemowl

Silly argument, like saying the cart should go in front of the horse.

Agreed.

Do we know have the club ever seriously looked at charging half as much to get twice as many in to try to end up with the same £s in the bank?

The club must be losing money on the current crowds,surely the idea has to be for the club break even at least,if we are successful fans will come back and pay full like the rest of us.

Brighton have had a great season playing in a half full tip with no atmosphere ,its the players who get you promoted,they have to fight tooth and nail for 46 matches and average about 2 points a game..

What a load of twaddle!!! And when we open it up again will all the people from the extremeties go bacxk to where they came from to give support to the team from the pen areas of the pitch? I dont think so

Norwich manager has cited their home support as being a major driver behind their success this season.

Maybe we should take note and shed our 'I'm here to see us win 10-0 otherwise I'll boo' attitude?

The only real time I'd love to see a 10-0, is against the Blunts ( and we should have had one in the cup semi) rest of the time I'd just like to see the players putting a shift in. For far too long, some players have strolled around in our shirt without a care in the world, but no more, Megson will be our saviour, things could get messy.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I think the last 3 home games have shown some good support in comparison to 90 minutes off booing for the past couple of months. The players have picked the crowd up and the crowd have picked the players up.

Spot on its a two way street.

I don't think there is a win 10 nil or else attitude i think the attitude is play as well as you can but never give less than 100 percent or we'll boo.

The dissent has been at its worst in games where we havent been outplayed but outworked Notts County for example.

I was speaking to Ishiah Osbourne just after he'd gone back to villa. It was after Darren Purse's interview with Owlsonline. I asked him if he thought it was intimidating playing at hillsborough and wether the negativity affected the players.

He was telling me that the players pick up on everything in the crowd, and they are scared to death of making mistakes incase they are the next target for the boo boys.

He said there are certain members of the squad who are just there to have a laugh and pick up a pay packet and will never give their all for the club ( he obviously wouldn't name them ).

It was a very eye opening conversation but the main just of it was that the players are scared to death of trying anything at hillsborough

Tis true. I was thinking about this when i last saw them on tv.

I was speaking to Ishiah Osbourne just after he'd gone back to villa. It was after Darren Purse's interview with Owlsonline. I asked him if he thought it was intimidating playing at hillsborough and wether the negativity affected the players.

He was telling me that the players pick up on everything in the crowd, and they are scared to death of making mistakes incase they are the next target for the boo boys.

He said there are certain members of the squad who are just there to have a laugh and pick up a pay packet and will never give their all for the club ( he obviously wouldn't name them ).

It was a very eye opening conversation but the main just of it was that the players are scared to death of trying anything at hillsborough

I know im going to get slated here but here goes.

Basicly people from Sheffield arent happy (footballing wise) unless they see 110% week in week out. Its the mentallity of Sheffield folk. Having been to watch other teams play and lose iv noticed that during the game they dont tend to grumble as much or boo during a game when things are going really poo poo.

I know we have seen plenty of poo poo but i think we expect too much. Most of the players we have havent played in league 1 before and find it difficult due to the standard of pitches etc. Dont think Man ure would have been able to play like they do it the prem in league 1.

When it comes down to it the fans wont change, the team will. Any player that cant stand pressure shouldnt play football imo.

On the flip side though what if we, as supporters get on the backs of the other team rather than our own and help our team win?

Is there any other non Sheffield people that agree with my top part?