Home support

Tis true. I was thinking about this when i last saw them on tv.

I know im going to get slated here but here goes.

Basicly people from Sheffield arent happy (footballing wise) unless they see 110% week in week out. Its the mentallity of Sheffield folk. Having been to watch other teams play and lose iv noticed that during the game they dont tend to grumble as much or boo during a game when things are going really poo poo.

I know we have seen plenty of poo poo but i think we expect too much. Most of the players we have havent played in league 1 before and find it difficult due to the standard of pitches etc. Dont think Man ure would have been able to play like they do it the prem in league 1.

When it comes down to it the fans wont change, the team will. Any player that cant stand pressure shouldnt play football imo.

On the flip side though what if we, as supporters get on the backs of the other team rather than our own and help our team win?

Is there any other non Sheffield people that agree with my top part?

Well I can totally agree with that, was talking to a blade last night, we both said Sheffield football fans do expect too much basically alot our supporters can't accept where we are and same with blades they can't accept where they are coming to.

Norwich manager has cited their home support as being a major driver behind their success this season.

Maybe we should take note and shed our 'I'm here to see us win 10-0 otherwise I'll boo' attitude?

Have they had to watch players clearly underperforming and not giving a poo ?

Or if the fans sang in the 1st place we wouldn't need the ultras copying every club they watch, we wouldn't need the band to create an atmosphere either. To improve the atmosphere we'd need cheaper tickets to bring more fans in and then keep up the recent good form.

if mandric, and megson can build a winning, promotion chasing side, then the ground will of course get fuller...

we don't need cheaper tickets, as this reduction in revenue would restrict the spending plans, and stagnate the clubs hoped growth...

the people who are herded together at away grounds and are our fantastic away support, are spread far and wide around at s6... lol

Well I can totally agree with that, was talking to a blade last night, we both said Sheffield football fans do expect too much basically alot our supporters can't accept where we are and same with blades they can't accept where they are coming to.

he's both right, and wrong, we do expect too much, that's part of being a football supporter (i would hope of any club)...

both sheffield clubs are in the third tier of english football through funding problems (and some really bad team management in their case)...

this has generally in our case been brought about by being relegated from the premier in it's infancy years, before sky saw the destruction and havoc it's new child was wreaking...

then, they introduce parachute payments to try and sweeten the bitter pill of relegation from the great cash cow...

but, us and others like us that didn't receive the money were crippled by the debts incurred...

and i'll bet a number of side's that did incur this very hefty financial penalty, ended up by going into receivership to put their financial situation's back into shape...