Wednesday Ultras

Guest worksopowl93

For or against the Ultras  

268 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on the developing Ultras section?

• Hate them, embarrassing.
    • Don't mind they making some effort unlike others.
    • I like the the ultras, hope it does work out well.
    • Would like to join in but feel little embarrassed.
    • Just stick with Wednesday songs.
    • Just stick with Wednesday songs, but don't mind 1 or 2 new ones.

Guest Distraught!

Personally i think there Too far! And personally an embarressment to everything Sheffield Wednesday .

Your a complete set of goons the Kop doesnt need no s**t band or a set of complete fruitcakes to create atmosphere so do one!

I take it you wanted to join them but failed the IQ entrance test! :happy:

Guest S.W.F.C

Or we could just rely on the North stand "OCS" to sing about Leeds, united , the IRA and 1 fat bloke on the away end. Reight 'ard they are.

So ur way is no atmosphere!

Whilst I don't like the term ultra and I find some of their songs cringeworthy they are at least being positive.

A successful team will revive the atmosphere IMHO and the ultras alongwith the North lads are trying to get it going even though we are poor.

The atmosphere on the North stand would be replicated round the ground if we started winning. Thats what we should be aiming for.

That Ultra video of a bunch of kids doing a gay dance of Over Here Over There makes me cringe.

They are embarassing.

I actually think that the Ultras have helped the atmosphere recently - though the team actually winning is probably the main contributing factor.

I think that some of the songs could do with a bit of work on, and at times they look like a bunch of kids who've had too much panda pop.

However, they've paid their money to attend and are fully entitled to do what they please.

Anyone who berates them needs to lighten up a bit.

Guest TonyOwl88

Personally i think there Too far! And personally an embarressment to everything Sheffield Wednesday .

Your a complete set of goons the Kop doesnt need no s**t band or a set of complete fruitcakes to create atmosphere so do one!

Its a bit sad mate... "They're a bit noisy!"

You could always go sit in the granny stand.

Quite a bit of stereotyping going on in this thread.

It seems that it is not socially acceptable to burst into song in a group of less than 20 or so.

Because most people would not be confident doing this, they label those that are as geeks / nerds / kids. This is probably in order to make them feel better about their own social inadequacies.

Most of the people that choose to slag off the "Ultras" have probably not been within 100 yards of them, are not aware of what they are about and do not realise that they are just a small bunch of decent and intelligent young blokes * edit - and bolly* (and a couple of stupid old tvvats).

I'm not sure that I would have been confident enough at their age to do what they are doing, I still find the 5 pints of pre match Stella gets me through it. :cool:

Find out more about the SWFC ultras on facebook - WU11 Wednesday Ultras.

Edited by swfc261279

Quite a bit of stereotyping going on in this thread.

It seems that it is not socially acceptable to burst into song in a group of less than 20 or so.

Because most people would not be confident doing this, they label those that are as geeks / nerds / kids. This is probably in order to make them feel better about their own social inadequacies.

Most of the people that choose to slag off the "Ultras" have probably not been within 100 yards of them, are not aware of what they are about and do not realise that they are just a small bunch of decent and intelligent young blokes * edit - and bolly* (and a couple of stupid old tvvats).

I'm not sure that I would have been confident enough at their age to do what they are doing, I still find the 5 pints of pre match Stella gets me through it. :cool:

Find out more about the SWFC ultras on facebook - WU11 Wednesday Ultras.

Intelligent?

I have seen your videos on you tube and you are anything but intelligent. Give it up lads.

Well he's being a c**t by labelling all the people in that end

I sit there, and join in, and start songs as well. However, I abhor the anti Leeds and anti blades which form 90% of the chants from there. The lack of imagination is shocking (which in some part is attributable to the oldstyle band) and the fact that every chant has to be changed to include swearing or anti blades or Leeds. Atmosphere is one thing,but singing about something that has nothing to do with Wednesday or the game is entirely different.

Some supporters make me laugh, We've won and with very little to moan about reguarding the teams performance so i'll tell you what, lets have a moan about our fellow fans -" they want to create some atmosphere, i'm not having that! Lets call them

Football hooligans and tell them they're goons and an embarrassment to the club!" - flip OFF WITH YOUR NEGATIVITY TO THE LANE!!!!

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I sit there, and join in, and start songs as well. However, I abhor the anti Leeds and anti blades which form 90% of the chants from there. The lack of imagination is shocking (which in some part is attributable to the oldstyle band) and the fact that every chant has to be changed to include swearing or anti blades or Leeds. Atmosphere is one thing,but singing about something that has nothing to do with Wednesday or the game is entirely different.

The Blades are our rivals and are f**ked hence the abuse, I like our variety of songs. I particularly like singing pro Wednesday songs and always start "please raise your glasses...."

At Hillsborough your never going to get a positive reaction when the team isnt doing well, we pay money to be inspired by the players to create a positive atmosphere... And they dont really create much of an atmosphere it's usually the band ...

You sound like a jelous blunt to me :angry:

If the ultra's want to sing let them i sit on north and didnt hear them once yesterday but against Tranmere and Colchester they were brilliant

Guest worksopowl93

Whats your problem with them exactly?

You're saying they're an embarrassment and a joke... why?

Because they sing through the game?

There TF watch them ! My opinion dont wanna fight mate!