Wednesday Ultras

Guest worksopowl93

For or against the Ultras  

268 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on the developing Ultras section?

• Hate them, embarrassing.
    • Don't mind they making some effort unlike others.
    • I like the the ultras, hope it does work out well.
    • Would like to join in but feel little embarrassed.
    • Just stick with Wednesday songs.
    • Just stick with Wednesday songs, but don't mind 1 or 2 new ones.

A few weeks ago:

"We don't have any atmosphere, it's all them coffin dodgers in the Souths fault, they won't sing"

This week:

"Dont like them Ultras, they don't sing what I want them to sing"

Honestly, which way do you flippingwant it?!!

It will be great to experience a general improvement of atmosphere at Hillsborough. Having read the article someone posted a link to (thank you very much) I have a couple of questions.

Quote: "The media were united in pinning this violence, driven by a core of ideologically driven rightwing hooligans, on ultras."

Can someone reassure me that the Wednesday Ultras are not motivated by any "right wong values?"

And can they state that they do not condone hooliganism?

We don't do violence at all just singing and creating an atmosphere.

Edited by bolly1988

Only time we've sung palace songs is 6 months b4 they came to hillsborough !!!!

So it's actually our song !!!!!!!!!

So then we're just wednesday fans singing wednesday songs !!!!!!

Thats original !

The ultras will never bow down to negativity !

We're here to stay so get used to it :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

i didnt mean to be negative pal, i was just questioning the choice of songs (and the name ultras)

i appreciate what you lot are trying to do and you have my respect for trying to improve the atmosphere

FC Porto are my 2nd team, i watch every game and have been over to see them, they have some fantastic songs i have never heard sung over here

im sure its the same for alot of other european clubs

if we can start some of these over here and ditched the 'disco' der der der songs then i would be in full support

i didnt mean to be negative pal, i was just questioning the choice of songs (and the name ultras)

i appreciate what you lot are trying to do and you have my respect for trying to improve the atmosphere

FC Porto are my 2nd team, i watch every game and have been over to see them, they have some fantastic songs i have never heard sung over here

im sure its the same for alot of other european clubs

if we can start some of these over here and ditched the 'disco' der der der songs then i would be in full support

Thanks for the support pal, it's becoming clear that the vast majority of folks are behind what we are trying to do, after all what reason could there be for not wanting a better atmosphere.

It still seems though that opinion is divided on the choice of songs.......

For those that have not stood close to the ultras I can assure you that a good 70% of songs are "traditional Wednesday" OK we throw in a few new ones and this is where people either love them or hate them - what is clear is that we will never please all of the people all of the time.

What I can promise you is that if you want to come and stand with us on Monday you will be more than welcome and if you want to give your preferred song an airing it will get 100% vocal backing (as long as it doesn't mention Leeds or the IRA) - Mickey Adams taking pigs down will most acceptable though!!

In summary, to all those who say they "would be in full support if..........." Why not come and give your support starting on Monday and help shape the way it develops yourself?

What area of the kop do I need to be buying a ticket in for Monday? Having seen the to-ing and fro-ing on here about whether they are good or bad I think I'll join you to see for myself.

These guys seem to want to improve the atmosphere. I think the atmosphere in most parts of the stadium is pretty poor so I'd be a bit blinkered if I didn't try and help. I'll work on my singing voice too.

What area of the kop do I need to be buying a ticket in for Monday? Having seen the to-ing and fro-ing on here about whether they are good or bad I think I'll join you to see for myself.

These guys seem to want to improve the atmosphere. I think the atmosphere in most parts of the stadium is pretty poor so I'd be a bit blinkered if I didn't try and help. I'll work on my singing voice too.

Block U1, gangway 2 right at the back of the Kop

I actually think that the Ultras have helped the atmosphere recently - though the team actually winning is probably the main contributing factor.

I think that some of the songs could do with a bit of work on, and at times they look like a bunch of kids who've had too much panda pop.

However, they've paid their money to attend and are fully entitled to do what they please.

Anyone who berates them needs to lighten up a bit.

Agree :biggrin:

Guest worksopowl93

Had a look online earlier and where the Ultra's sit in block U1 a fair amount of tickets have been sold around them....