Wednesday Ultras

Guest worksopowl93

For or against the Ultras  

268 members have voted

1. 1. What is your view on the developing Ultras section?

• Hate them, embarrassing.
    • Don't mind they making some effort unlike others.
    • I like the the ultras, hope it does work out well.
    • Would like to join in but feel little embarrassed.
    • Just stick with Wednesday songs.
    • Just stick with Wednesday songs, but don't mind 1 or 2 new ones.

Guest worksopowl93

Personally i think there Too far! And personally an embarressment to everything Sheffield Wednesday .

Your a complete set of goons the Kop doesnt need no s**t band or a set of complete fruitcakes to create atmosphere so do one!

Personally i think there Too far! And personally an embarressment to everything Sheffield Wednesday .

Your a complete set of goons the Kop doesnt need no s**t band or a set of complete fruitcakes to create atmosphere so do one!

Your a pr1ck, **** off

Awwwww :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Erm....I think you find the band got the crowd going several times yesterday and does most games they attend, as for ultras most the time 90% of kop cant hear them Im on gangway 5 just few blocks down and there is only odd time you can hear them clearly so makes no differance to me. When they sing such and such give us a wave if most kop cant here them clearly how will Megson etc and then they boo cos they dont wave maybe its because they cant hear you.

Guest intercity0wl

Its really nice to wake up on a Sunny Sunday Morning after a victory, read your though for the day and then realise how lucky i trully am.

Guest worksopowl93

Leave them alone they pay their money and support the team. There have been plenty of occasions this season where there has been no atmosphere at Hillsborough. Do you have any suggestions?

No i've got no suggestions tbh , but with good performances on the pitch and the team doing well in the league 'next year' the KOP IN MY OPINION doesn't need a band or that other lot.

At low gate games i'm all for them , but i wont be sitting anywhere near them, when such a day comes as i believe from other people comments on here , i hopefully wont be able to here them....

Guest intercity0wl

No i've got no suggestions tbh , but with good performances on the pitch and the team doing well in the league 'next year' the KOP IN MY OPINION doesn't need a band or that other lot.

At low gate games i'm all for them , but i wont be sitting anywhere near them, when such a day comes as i believe from other people comments on here , i hopefully wont be able to here them....

When that day comes mate, the chances are you wont be able to get a seat up there with em, so no need to worry is there.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest worksopowl93

Suggestions? Advice?

Its really just 'when the team is doing well' kind of thing , when the atmosphere on the KOP is good enough to do without a band and the hardcore Ultra's .

And all the people defending them on here or disliking my topic your either members of the ultra's group , but if your not go and stand with them and join along as im sure you wont!

But thats the problem if the team are not doing well then you need a positive atmosphere to inspire the players. I know its human nature to moan when things are not good but if they go towards creating a good atmosphere then it can only help the team. Most scouting reports would have included the fact that the crowd can be quick to turn on the players if they are not playing well.

Guest worksopowl93

But thats the problem if the team are not doing well then you need a positive atmosphere to inspire the players. I know its human nature to moan when things are not good but if they go towards creating a good atmosphere then it can only help the team. Most scouting reports would have included the fact that the crowd can be quick to turn on the players if they are not playing well.

At Hillsborough your never going to get a positive reaction when the team isnt doing well, we pay money to be inspired by the players to create a positive atmosphere... And they dont really create much of an atmosphere it's usually the band ...

Its really just 'when the team is doing well' kind of thing , when the atmosphere on the KOP is good enough to do without a band and the hardcore Ultra's .

And all the people defending them on here or disliking my topic your either members of the ultra's group , but if your not go and stand with them and join along as im sure you wont!

im not a regular member, been and stood with them a couple of times though and there all top lads, and i like what they're doing. I still believe its all tongue in cheek though :cool:

Worksopowl93 = JEALOUS he's not part of it IMO :biggrin:

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Whilst I don't like the term ultra and I find some of their songs cringeworthy they are at least being positive.

A successful team will revive the atmosphere IMHO and the ultras alongwith the North lads are trying to get it going even though we are poor.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Or we could just rely on the North stand "OCS" to sing about Leeds, united , the IRA and 1 fat bloke on the away end. Reight 'ard they are.

Hhhmmm c**t, not everyone in that area are OCS, and we sing a full range of songs.