Most bizarre selection?

The selection of Potter at right side of midfield has quite rightly caused some stir amongst the supporters, just to lighten the mood a little I was wondering whether anyone can recall any other strange team selections over the years?

Laws playing JJ at right back is one that instantly springs to mind but if memory serves me correctly weren't we in a defensive crisis at the time?

I think JJ was used at right back, at home, because Laws was terrified of the pace of that well known Messi-esque footballing legend Julian Gray.

Sturrock used Graeme Lee up front in a game or two, from the start.

But Potter on the right last night was possibly the single most baffling selection I've ever seen. If we had an injury crisis and were down to our last 11 players then I could maybe understand it, but using an inept central midfielder there when we had JJ, Sedgwick and Miller on the bench was mind boggling.

I think JJ was used at right back, at home, because Laws was terrified of the pace of that well known Messi-esque footballing legend Julian Gray.

Sturrock used Graeme Lee up front in a game or two, from the start.

But Potter on the right last night was possibly the single most baffling selection I've ever seen. If we had an injury crisis and were down to our last 11 players then I could maybe understand it, but using an inept central midfielder there when we had JJ, Sedgwick and Miller on the bench was mind boggling.

however crap we might be

when i hear people inimating that !"no manager could do any better"

thenb i see a professional manager pick potter on the right,,,and totally break up any sembilance of conhesion game after game,,then i really to dispear

Guest Stereophonics

Didn't Potter start out as right midfield at Liverpool, think that Tranmere played him there a lot as well

Guest Bald Owl

Spurr in any position! And how can a player not even be in a squad on Sat and then come straight into the team?

Guest Stereophonics

D wilson picking booth over carbone away at southampton was pretty weird, resulting in benny storming off iirc