Madine

I take nothing away from Madine, I think he fully deserves his player of the month "tankard".

However, for me, the day we signed him is the day we ran out of ideas and became totally one dimensional.

There were times tonight when we received the ball at the back and we could have spread it, played it to the middle of the park, hit it down the channels or whatever. Instead we needed to wait for 5 minutes for him to stick his hands in the air for us to loft it. HE WINS HEADERS BUT HE LIKES IT ON THE FLOOR.

clinton and mellor may not be popular but their 25 plus goal tally this season speaks louder than madine and heff's half a dozen between them.

Don't get me wrong, I do know that these two could easily get 50/60 in a season given the right service, but we don't have the central midfield to pick up the scraps that madine creates and we're just flipping clueless as a team with him in it. Not his fault, but we just haven't fully discovered his attributes yet.

I'd seriously consider the front 2 for saturday.

I think I'm missing something with Madine.

I accept that he's only 20 and rarely has a teamate within 30 yards but he's a big lad and he has to be stronger, throw his weight about and he has to make the ball stick. I don't think I've seen him even upset a defender with a robust challenge.

Very disappointing.

Guest bartos

I think I'm missing something with Madine.

I accept that he's only 20 and rarely has a teamate within 30 yards but he's a big lad and he has to be stronger, throw his weight about and he has to make the ball stick. I don't think I've seen him even upset a defender with a robust challenge.

Very disappointing.

Said this since first saw him at Orient

I said a month ago that we would spoil him. We will.

He is a fantastic prospect, but not the finished article.

Playing a 20 year old in this role week after week can only see a progreesive down turn in his performances.

A massive over reliance.

And I was ridiculed/abused on here for saying it.

Fickle fans. Some of you haven't a clue.

What will be the next 'fashion'/'target'.

You think our style of play is dictated by having Madine in the side?

I don't.

We've played long ball rubbish all season. It's been long ball to Mellor, Morrison and when Heffernan has played its been long ball 95% of the time vaguely towards him.

It's not a style that we've come up with for Madine - that's all we've got.

Another game where our goal comes from someone other than the strikers. The supply and support to the strikers is truly shocking.

Since Megson arrived we have scored just 10 goals in 12 games.

Madine 9+1 appearances, 1 goal

C.Morrison 4+4 appearances, 0 goals

Mellor 3+0 appearances, 0 goals

Heffernan 2+2 appearances, 1goal

STRIKERS : 18+7 appearances, 2 goals.