Football is FOOKED if it keeps going the way it is..

4. The cost of tickets is driving people away from going.

The days of blokes taking their kids are disappearing fast, football is becoming a treat rather than a regular thing, players wages are ridiculously high, meaning supporters have to pay through the nose to get in.

The cost of living is through the roof, people are out of work, crowds are falling and will only get worse.

Exactly, 19 quid to watch Gateshead up the road! Sod that!

Players should only celebrate a goal by shaking hands with the scorer. Players must not spit. Players must not abuse the referee. Players have to stop play acting and behave like men. Fans should not jump up and down when their team scores. Rather they should just clap and wave their hanky. Home and away fans should be able to mix without resorting to punching each other. Leather 'casey' balls should be used rather than the current balloons. Players maximum wage should be restored at say £5,000 salary. 1973 entry prices should be re-introduced. That would be 50p adults, 25p juveniles and oap's. Players must have short back and sides hairstyle.

Let the Premier League play Tuesday football as standard then - and not us

That wouldn't make any difference. We have a 46 game season, so if you want every game on a Saturday that means playing on 46 Saturdays. And there are only 52 weeks in a year. That's not even taking into account cup games, internationals, etc. I'd agree with getting rid of early and late kick-offs on a Saturday though. And for the FA Cup the number of televised games per round up to the QFs should be 2 -all the other games should kick off at 3 pm on Saturday.

7. Transfer Fee Restriction

No club should be able to spend more than 10% of its gross annual turnover on one player.

i think something similar to what to what you have just mentioned is being brought in by UEFA in the 2012/13 season where clubs can spend only up to 30/35% of their turnover on wages and transfer fees.

which basically means that the likes of the Mansoor family who own Man City and Roman Abramovich who own Chelsea which not be allowed to put in any more of their own money into their respective clubs.

#100 - Every team should have their own backing soundtrack whilst in possession. I suggest the Benny Hill 'chase' music or the theme tune to It's a Knockout would be appropriate for Wednesday (perhaps with a Stuart Hall laughter track as well).

8. Increasing use of technology is detracting from the urgency, skill and beauty of the game as it focuses on drama, controversy and personalities.

Referees become showmen. The play and chracter of a game is often second to what is said and who said it. Technology increasingly isolates the fans in the stands. Televised games will become markedly different to non-televised.

/facepalm

5. Remove OffSide except within line with penalty area

Extend edge of penalty area to touchline. Anything outside that line should not be considered for off-side.. This will stop the bunching up of play in the area around 10 yards of the halfway line and makinh for more open play.

I like this idea.

i think something similar to what to what you have just mentioned is being brought in by UEFA in the 2012/13 season where clubs can spend only up to 30/35% of their turnover on wages and transfer fees.

which basically means that the likes of the Mansoor family who own Man City and Roman Abramovich who own Chelsea which not be allowed to put in any more of their own money into their respective clubs.

There`s going to be ways around this. Eg the Mansoor family hire a executive box for the season and pay let`s say £100 million. EASY.

There`s going to be ways around this. Eg the Mansoor family hire a executive box for the season and pay let`s say £100 million. EASY.

Or alternatively, the so called G14 of Europe's biggest clubs break away from UEFA and form their own European Super League which is going to happen within the next 10 years.

Guest Big Guns

Yes!!! 'Big Guns' gets a +1 and now it's a +2, keep it up The Guns!!

every little helps in my battle to keep away from -2000 lol

Guest Distraught!

Let the Premier League play Tuesday football as standard then - and not us

Maybe it was just me but when Ron was manager and, to some extent, the Tricky Trev era, I used to prefer the evening games to the day time games. I always thought there was something about the dark sky and the floodlights in the stadium that increased the atmosphere. It was great in those days standing on the Kop with the teddy bears flying everywhere. I can't explain why but I prefer watching live football at night especially late March, April and May when the Spring weather kicks in. The atmosphere was always great.