Do We....?

The comment that sums it up best was adamwestsleftear........racism is the lowest of the low............. well no it fu****g isn't actually! ! ! ! It really wee wees me off people spouting nonsense like that. Its name calling. Do you really think its lower than murder, violence,rape, theft. Get a grip man. Most people, black, asian and especially gypsies are more than capable of sticking up for themselves. Its just a humorous footy chant, it really isn't the start of genocide. And as for the moron who is upset by racist comments yet makes jokes about rape........unbelievable. !

Its just a humorous footy chant, it really isn't the start of genocide.

I'm not suggesting that chanting gypo, or where's your caravan, is going to lead to the mass extermination of gypsies in the UK...

But can you honestly not see any irony in that comment? Or the way those two things can be interlinked?!

No point in starting another topic on this , as everyone seems to be in full flow on here....

Immigration

Sorry , but had to lol at this... (does it make me racist?)

The 2012 Olympics in London are going to be an amazing cultural experience. Just Imagine the hordes of international fans - Poles, Czechs, Russians, Hungarians, Slovakians, Latvians, Africans, Jamaicans, Nigerians, Somalis, Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, Japanese, Iraqis, Turks, Greeks, Thais, South Africans - all of whom will have travelled at least 10 to 15 miles to watch these games.

I was really only looking for people's opinions.

Oh I know mate I was just saying I don't know how you could really tell if it was on the increase in England... even opinion wise.

I would say no, not really. But then again I've never really been exposed to racism in any depth. I WOULD say there is an increase in rabid, frenzy whipped nutters who regurgitate Daily Mail / The Sun make believe stories and pass it off as their opinion.. but I haven't really noticed an increase or decrease on the terraces per se.

I would say no, not really. But then again I've never really been exposed to racism in any depth. I WOULD say there is an increase in rabid, frenzy whipped nutters who regurgitate Guardian make believe stories and pass it off as their opinion.. but I haven't really noticed an increase or decrease on the terraces per se.

The comment that sums it up best was adamwestsleftear........racism is the lowest of the low............. well no it fu****g isn't actually! ! ! ! It really wee wees me off people spouting nonsense like that. Its name calling. Do you really think its lower than murder, violence,rape, theft. Get a grip man. Most people, black, asian and especially gypsies are more than capable of sticking up for themselves. Its just a humorous footy chant, it really isn't the start of genocide. And as for the moron who is upset by racist comments yet makes jokes about rape........unbelievable. !

Is this the person who had a massive rant at Walkley for using the word spacker?

Is this the person who had a massive rant at Walkley for using the word spacker?

Bloody hell mate, good memory, well done. But yes that's my point. don't you think calling people spackers, simpletons, fools etc is a lot worse? The disabled / handicapped are the most vulnerable people in our society that can't fight back, unlile "pakis, gypoes"

Bloody hell mate, good memory, well done. But yes that's my point. don't you think calling people spackers, simpletons, fools etc is a lot worse? The disabled / handicapped are the most vulnerable people in our society that can't fight back, unlile "pakis, gypoes"

Actually mate, I'd say it's not worse. I'd say it's exactly the same.

Discrimination is OK until it affects you.

So, who is he arbiter - You?

Well, to treat all people with respect is nothing more than good manners IMO.

Clearly, you want to pick and choose.

You of all people - The irony.

Edited by ReadingOwl

Discrimination is OK until it affects you.

So, who is he arbiter - You?

Well, to treat all people with respect is nothing more than good manners IMO.

Clearly, you want to pick and choose.

You of all people - The irony.

What does that mean ? Arbiter ?

I'm not selective at all. I treat all people with respect and I'm not racist. I just think there are hundreds of worse things than calling someone gypo paki etc.

Brownlad that is sad that you think that calling disabled people names is not less offensive than calling an abled bodied person names.

As I said at least pakis gypos can fight back. A handicapped person can't. There is a difference

It's not a case of anything being more or less acceptable though.

It's not acceptable to call a handicapped person 'spacker'.

It's not acceptable to call a person of asian descent 'paki'.

Both are wrong. There is nothing better or worse than either.

Edited by Sonny

What does that mean ? Arbiter ?

I'm not selective at all. I treat all people with respect and I'm not racist. I just think there are hundreds of worse things than calling someone gypo paki etc.

Brownlad that is sad that you think that calling disabled people names is not less offensive than calling an abled bodied person names.

As I said at least pakis gypos can fight back. A handicapped person can't. There is a difference

Arbiter - One chosen or appointed to judge or decide a disputed issue; an arbitrator.

Why should people have to fight, to be given basic respect?

Do you expect Asians (for instance), at Hillsborough (either on the pitch or in the crowd) to have to fight to stop racist chants? Their OK to ridicule because they are able bodied?

I don't treat the disabled any differently than I would any other minority. To do that would be patronising.

Do we then start differentiating between different groups of the disabled on some sort of 'fighting' test?

Is it OK to call someone with Autism a spacker, but not someone in a wheel chair?

What about an Asian in a wheelchair. Ridicule him but don't mention the disability?

What bizarre views.

There really is no flipping hope for some people.

A published Author FFS. Unbelievable.

Bloody hell...

But that's exactly the point isn't it?!

I mean purely by saying that - you are taking the point of view that one group of people are to be valued, treated differently or thought of as more or less significant than another group of people.

They are exactly the same. Exactly the same. It's nothing to do with which is fairer, or which is less offensive. They are equal in their originating viewpoint - that someone is somehow better or worse than someone else, irrelevant of where they come from, what they look like or how able bodied they are.

And it's an incredibly dangerous viewpoint to have - if it becomes widely accepted that one group of people are inferior in some way to another group of people and that holding that viewpoint can be justified - then why should those people have good jobs? Or earn as much money as us? In fact why should they even be allowed to live here with us?

Bloody hell...

But that's exactly the point isn't it?!

I mean purely by saying that - you are taking the point of view that one group of people are to be valued, treated differently or thought of as more or less significant than another group of people.

They are exactly the same. Exactly the same. It's nothing to do with which is fairer, or which is less offensive. They are equal in their originating viewpoint - that someone is somehow better or worse than someone else, irrelevant of where they come from, what they look like or how able bodied they are.

And it's an incredibly dangerous viewpoint to have - if it becomes widely accepted that one group of people are inferior in some way to another group of people and that holding that viewpoint can be justified - then why should those people have good jobs? Or earn as much money as us? In fact why should they even be allowed to live here with us?

No I think you are right. Singing a song about a player who has long hair and has the wee wee taken out of him (thats what the op was about ) is probably the thin end of the wedge. Jeez, this thread has got crazy and far too bloody political for me.

I said that any sort of abuse is wrong but you two want to make a bloody league table of misdemeanours. I will exit this thread with my original comment............there are lots worse things to worry about than name calling