Do We....?

Guest JonTheOwl66

I think it is incredible that some people have a go at people for this.

For example, one of my family members is disabled, not born with it but down to an accident. If I ever see any of these morons sniggering at them, you just think; 'what has the world come to?' For anybody to get amusement out of ridiculing something that this person in particular cannot help, then that is totally irresponsible.

I don't get involved with any racist chants, that's not my style personally. Some people will enjoy 'bigging' themselves up. It doesn't mean that my opinion is right, or theirs. At the end of the day, racism is heavily involved with football.

What it all comes down to really, is that people are afraid of these people. They're not 'normal' and that might sound nasty, and I don't look at anybody differently unless they force me to, people will react to the different, England is a country of many cultures, asian, arab, eastern-european. They come to England for a better life, not to be looked down on.

But still, football matches are attended for entertainment, a way to unravel and forget about your ordinary life for 90 minutes. It's a free-country, and while it may be politically incorrect, you cannot stop (and never will stop) racism.

Guest Triplej2

Gypsies or travellers as they are known historically for being scruffy and unkempt in their appearance and lifestlyle, this brings about some ridicule and scruffy people or people with scruffy long hair get called "Gypo's". I don't see the massive deal, I really don't. It's human nature to mock or ridicule and it's not always deadly serious.

I bet every one of the outraged people in this thread has said "Tard" or "Spacker" or told an Irish joke or a sick joke.

It means f*ck all in the grand scheme and to be honest if the travelling community hadn't forged their own poor reputation maybe we wouldn't be having this debate.

Anyone who believes they are in the main honest law abiding tax payers is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Racial abuse happens on both sides of the fence and untill it is handled fairly ,by the powers that be it won't go away ,treat the miscreants as they should be equaly, Whatever the nationality or choice in life (such as the gypsies)The problem IS the racial ticket only works for the benefit of the immigrant society ,But it seems to be swept under the carpet when the white british are abused,

ie disrespecting our deceased soldiers at Whooten basset , more was made of the fact that DNP Were associated than the asians

this could have been avoided by keeping said Asians away from the route used for the bringing home of our fallen soldiers,

The same atitude should be used against the dnp,who should have been dispersed also,But by allowing the asian millitants to racially abuse our bereaved in the first place was lighting the blue touchpaper , but as said above white people were hammered by the press for reacting ,is that fair

Alan Irvine was often referred to as a dour Scottish xxxxx on here. Was the Scottish bit racist?

Or, was it just an adjective?

Was he a dour xxxx because he is Scottish or just a dour xxxx that happened to be Scottish.

Peter Crouch is a lanky tvvat. He's a tvvat that happens to be lanky, nit a tvvat because he's lanky.

If you call someone a black illegitimate, is it because you think they're a illegitimate because they are black?

The insinuation in all of these examples is that it is somehow a slur to be Scottish, lanky or black.

"accusing" someone of being a gypo suggests that being a gypo is a bad thing. But if you are simply "calling" someone a gypo, isn't it the subjective view of the person who thinks it's racist that should be called into question?

If I say - you're a handsome fvcker - nobody thinks it's an insult particularly. But as a hideous troll, I genuinely hate those handsome wannkrs!!

Yet if I say - ah **** off you dirty gypo - the fact that I quite like gypsies is missed by the santimonious racists out there that pretend to be all PC about everything. You are the real racists!!!

Gypsies or travellers as they are known historically for being scruffy and unkempt in their appearance and lifestlyle, this brings about some ridicule and scruffy people or people with scruffy long hair get called "Gypo's". I don't see the massive deal, I really don't. It's human nature to mock or ridicule and it's not always deadly serious.

I bet every one of the outraged people in this thread has said "Tard" or "Spacker" or told an Irish joke or a sick joke.

It means f*ck all in the grand scheme and to be honest if the travelling community hadn't forged their own poor reputation maybe we wouldn't be having this debate.

Anyone who believes they are in the main honest law abiding tax payers is living in cloud cuckoo land.

See, this is the problem. The difference between calling someone Scottish, Ginger, Lanky, etc, and calling them a gypsy, is that you are not going to have someone seriously claiming that "Anyone who believes gingers are in the main honest law abiding tax payers is living in cloud cuckoo land."

I'd love it was true that basically everyone got on with everyone, and so we could have chants about gypsies, pakistanis, etc and it WAS just the same as chanting about fatties, or gingers. But it isn't. Because there are clearly a lot of people on here that DO have a real problem with some of these groups. And, as a self styled member of the PC brigade, then the reason that these chants get to me is that, when the chanters may claim that they are just having a bit of fun, and that it's all good banter, really they have views like Triplej.

And if you do have views like this, then I honestly have no idea whether you are right or wrong - I don't have any stats on tax payments from different communities. But if you really do hate any section of society, I'm not sure that chanting about it at a football match is the best way to vent these feelings.

Guest Triplej2

See, this is the problem. The difference between calling someone Scottish, Ginger, Lanky, etc, and calling them a gypsy, is that you are not going to have someone seriously claiming that "Anyone who believes gingers are in the main honest law abiding tax payers is living in cloud cuckoo land."

I'd love it was true that basically everyone got on with everyone, and so we could have chants about gypsies, pakistanis, etc and it WAS just the same as chanting about fatties, or gingers. But it isn't. Because there are clearly a lot of people on here that DO have a real problem with some of these groups. And, as a self styled member of the PC brigade, then the reason that these chants get to me is that, when the chanters may claim that they are just having a bit of fun, and that it's all good banter, really they have views like Triplej.

And if you do have views like this, then I honestly have no idea whether you are right or wrong - I don't have any stats on tax payments from different communities. But if you really do hate any section of society, I'm not sure that chanting about it at a football match is the best way to vent these feelings.

My views that Gypsies are known historically for being scruffy? My views on them tax dodging and not being the most law abiding? Give me a break, they're the views of virtually everyone.

The thing is, I don't hate them, I CAN take the wee wee and it means nothing more. Germans are known for having a bad sense of humour, french are known for easily surrendering, Brits are known for sh*t food, heavy drinking, arrogance and according to the Yanks we have bad teeth, so f*cking what, it's called life and when a load of football fans sing "where's your caravan" it is jovial.

Everyone takes the wee wee out of everyone else and to deny this or fight it is just living a fake life IMO.

My views that Gypsies are known historically for being scruffy? My views on them tax dodging and not being the most law abiding? Give me a break, they're the views of virtually everyone.

The thing is, I don't hate them, I CAN take the wee wee and it means nothing more. Germans are known for having a bad sense of humour, french are known for easily surrendering, Brits are known for sh*t food, heavy drinking, arrogance and according to the Yanks we have bad teeth, so f*cking what, it's called life and when a load of football fans sing "where's your caravan" it is jovial.

Everyone takes the wee wee out of everyone else and to deny this or fight it is just living a fake life IMO.

Yes, I'd say your view on them for generally not being law abiding was different. And the fact that its the view of virtually everyone doesn't make it better. It sounds from what you say that (for example) other things being equal you're less likely to give a job to a candidate that you thought of as a gypsy than one that wasn't. Fecking hell, I would do the same if I thought that they'd be more likely to nick stuff off me. I really don't think that it is the same think for us and our reputation for having sh*t food and bad teeth.

Well, unless you are a chef or a toothbrush model, I suppose.

Guest Lobstero

Anyone remember the "Muslim-only girls football camp" a few years back?

Imagine if it was a "Christian-only girls football camp" - there would have been an uproar.

Double-standards or what!? The PC do-gooders have f*cked this country up, them being the ones who claim murderers should be entitled to their human rights (despite that those that have killed are f*cking monsters, not humans at all).

Guest Bournemouth Owl

[

I hate racists and i hate gypsies, in a free country i should be able to love and hate who i like, erm and dont like

The gypsies are horrible people.

Guest Triplej2

Yes, I'd say your view on them for generally not being law abiding was different. And the fact that its the view of virtually everyone doesn't make it better. It sounds from what you say that (for example) other things being equal you're less likely to give a job to a candidate that you thought of as a gypsy than one that wasn't. Fecking hell, I would do the same if I thought that they'd be more likely to nick stuff off me. I really don't think that it is the same think for us and our reputation for having sh*t food and bad teeth.

Well, unless you are a chef or a toothbrush model, I suppose.

I've no idea what you're trying to say to be honest.

Would I employ a non-gypsy over a gypsy? Hell yeah!

Do I hate gypsies? No

can I take the wee wee out of them? Yes (but not to their faces because they're some scary motherf*ckers :biggrin:

I'm not suggesting that chanting gypo, or where's your caravan, is going to lead to the mass extermination of gypsies in the UK...

But can you honestly not see any irony in that comment? Or the way those two things can be interlinked?!

What about Jews? You seem to be pretty opinionated about them with your anti-semetic bile.

Racial abuse happens on both sides of the fence and untill it is handled fairly ,by the powers that be it won't go away ,treat the miscreants as they should be equaly, Whatever the nationality or choice in life (such as the gypsies)The problem IS the racial ticket only works for the benefit of the immigrant society ,But it seems to be swept under the carpet when the white british are abused,

ie disrespecting our deceased soldiers at Whooten basset , more was made of the fact that DNP Were associated than the asians

this could have been avoided by keeping said Asians away from the route used for the bringing home of our fallen soldiers,

The same atitude should be used against the dnp,who should have been dispersed also,But by allowing the asian millitants to racially abuse our bereaved in the first place was lighting the blue touchpaper , but as said above white people were hammered by the press for reacting ,is that fair

Sorry trev, but this just isn't borne out by any reality. Any incidents of racial abuse brought to the attention of the authorities is dealt with in exactly the same way - a point in case being the current trial of two "poppy protesters".

Here's something controversial - perhaps the white/english (however one wants to describe them) get done for more racist incidents than 'ethnics/asians' (however one wants to describe them) as they are inherently more racist?

Some of the uneducated views expressed so far in this thread might suggest so.....

Sorry trev, but this just isn't borne out by any reality. Any incidents of racial abuse brought to the attention of the authorities is dealt with in exactly the same way - a point in case being the current trial of two "poppy protesters".

Here's something controversial - perhaps the white/english (however one wants to describe them) get done for more racist incidents than 'ethnics/asians' (however one wants to describe them) as they are inherently more racist?

Some of the uneducated views expressed so far in this thread might suggest so.....

Wouldnt you expect that as there are vastly more of them. Proportionally do the figure stack up?

Guest Triplej2

I don't think whit british people are any more racist than any other race in this country. I see it from all sides.

It's not a pleasant thing but it's as old as the hills and aint going away.

About the gypsy thing, why is it okay for people to call barnsley folk Dingles but Can't mock gypsy folk? They're both wee wee takes based on scruffyness but because the gypsies (travellers) are a race it's totally unacceptable.

To many double standards for me.