Do We....?

To put it in a nutshell then we ,the english have to accept racial slurs against us , but if you are ethnic it is an offence,

I'm sorry but the pc brigade ,ought to man up and smell the coffee ,there interference in things are causing more grief and annimosety towards the racial aspect than it is worth,For instance We the white English .Scottish ,Welsh ,Irish are called from pillar to post , Do we claim racial abuse ,I've never heard it said ,We are Limey.s Pommies,White trash White barsteward ,Scottish barstewards Welsh barstewards ,and so on , But dare to call an Asian a Paki ,which is a shortened version of Pakistani,

And there is flippinguproar ,

what if he's not from Pakistan?

Also - who are the PC Brigade?

To put it in a nutshell then we ,the english have to accept racial slurs against us , but if you are ethnic it is an offence,

I'm sorry but the pc brigade ,ought to man up and smell the coffee ,there interference in things are causing more grief and annimosety towards the racial aspect than it is worth,For instance We the white English .Scottish ,Welsh ,Irish are called from pillar to post , Do we claim racial abuse ,I've never heard it said ,We are Limey.s Pommies,White trash White barsteward ,Scottish barstewards Welsh barstewards ,and so on , But dare to call an Asian a Paki ,which is a shortened version of Pakistani,

And there is flippinguproar ,

Well said.

As for racism in football - I don't think our club has a problem.

I don't have a problem with anyone, but I do have a problem with forced integration with Muslims. Multiculturalism with Christianity and Islam just isn't working and hasn't worked for hundreds of years. They can't stand us because we don't believe in Allah and there will be more attacks against us.

Guest Distraught!

Well said.

As for racism in football - I don't think our club has a problem.

I don't have a problem with anyone, but I do have a problem with forced integration with Muslims. Multiculturalism with Christianity and Islam just isn't working and hasn't worked for hundreds of years. They can't stand us because we don't believe in Allah and there will be more attacks against us.

Are you Keith Addy?

lol

A topic that makes people think, examine what pride is, and is for, is interesting to me.

I could have just called hornyowl a nobber, I was tempted, but it's far mire interesting to try and understand a viewpoint that I don't understand.

I love Owlstalk

But i am a nobber.......... :biggrin:

Quote's from the star article

Lifelong owl1

Monday, February 21, 2011 at 03:40 PM Hopefully this is just the first of many fires on Gypo` sites to clear them off.

<br class="clearer"> <br class="clearer"> 3

Lifelong owl1

Monday, February 21, 2011 at 03:38 PM there is a god after all. Thats the way to get rid of Pikeys .

blush.gif<br class="clearer"> <br class="clearer">

Guest eastbank

I can't remember you coming on here complaining about:

'Paddy, where's your wife' - against the blunts when Paddy Kenny's missus had run off with his best mate!

'Mick MacCarthy......what a tugger' - every time he dares to come to Hillsborough.

'Die die piggy piggy die!' - any time a player who has any association with the blunts is playing.

The song that starts 'When I was young I had no sense'.......

Calling Neil Warnock Colin!

'We've got Carlton Palmer, he smokes marajuana' - an all time classic!

To be fair 'get a haircut' doesn't lend itself to a chant!

gypo can also mean long haired biker....football fans have always liked the offensive chant...its tribal like supporting one team against another....leeds scum is a prime example...better them chanting than throwing advertisement boards...

WTF...this is a site for footy fans, the majority will be white working class (sorry for saying white, couldn't think of another/correct way of saying it), and at the match when they've had a drink or two, of course you will hear things you wouldn't hear in church, and i for one would be among them, either joining in, or laughing at it. We're not talking about the 60's here, with chucking bananas at black players, and making monkey noises whenever he gets near the ball.

I guess i'm what you'd refer to as a racist, i'm a racist because i'm sick of f*ckin foreigners coming to this country and dictating (to silly c*nts us) what we are and aren't allowed to do in relation to them, i'm sick of scum protesting against our troops when they return home from a tour of duty, i'm sick of the 2cv, sandal wearing apologists expecting everyone to become inert overnight to racism...WHILST NEARLY EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH STILL PRACTICES IT WITH RELISH...go to russia, australia, france, pakistan, iran, germany, argentina, romania, poland, need i have to say the USA, and tell me you couldn't see racism.

It's about time we started to put our own first before we lick some c*nts arse that much we end up with them taking over and forcing upon british society unwanted changes. If people want to come to britain, then, generally speaking welcome, but, these are our laws, and our way's of life...you'll be expected to live by them, not satisfied?...f*ck off then.

TBH the majority of things said about gypsy's have been built up over hundreds of years, and in way more than one or two country's, i imagine with good reason from what i've seen of them in the last 20 years.

Everyone must be careful not to go too far down the PC road as to damage the right's of the native british peoples...and if you're easily offended, don't spend your leisure time with footy supporters, they might swear, or even say something more nawty... :ohmy:

excellent post, couldnt agree more everyone should be able to have their own opinions without the pc brigade ramming there left wing crap down our throats.

I think the original post is a bit of a red herring. I have heard far more offensive chants in my time and although I would never partake in the gypsy chants myself I can't get particularly hot under the collar about it myself.

What I do find unpleasant however is some of the openly racist attitudes that have been displayed in subsequent posts and the shameful attempts at justifying it. It really makes me uncomfortable and I dislike associating these attitutudes with the team I support. I have fairly regularly heard racist comments being made by so called Wednesday fans on match day (last game I went to people were abusing Chinese people who were just minding their own business). I thought it was a senseless minority who did this kind of thing but unfortunately this thread demonstrates it is far more widespread than I thought. And no I'm not a soft lefty, I just think people should be treated with respect regardless of the bigotted prejudices that some people hold.

One thing in life I am certain of, I will never agree with the point of view of anyone who uses the phrase ' PC Brigade '

However I disagree with the original post , I think the 'Gypo' and ' Where's your caravan' chants are reasonably harmless when you consider the recipient of the chant is obviously not a 'gypo' and doesn't live in a caravan ( unless of course it's Freddy Eastwood). I that's the difference between this chant and traditionally ' racist' chants. Just my opinion.

Like NYC Owl, I have been very interested in how this thread has developed, and I think it has thrown up more 'diverse' opinions with it being in the matchday section and not the dressing room, where a lot of posters in this thread don't appear to venture.

I think the original post is a bit of a red herring. I have heard far more offensive chants in my time and although I would never partake in the gypsy chants myself I can't get particularly hot under the collar about it myself.

What I do find unpleasant however is some of the openly racist attitudes that have been displayed in subsequent posts and the shameful attempts at justifying it. It really makes me uncomfortable and I dislike associating these attitutudes with the team I support. I have fairly regularly heard racist comments being made by so called Wednesday fans on match day (last game I went to people were abusing Chinese people who were just minding their own business). I thought it was a senseless minority who did this kind of thing but unfortunately this thread demonstrates it is far more widespread than I thought. And no I'm not a soft lefty, I just think people should be treated with respect regardless of the bigotted prejudices that some people hold.

Also agree 100% with this.