Do We....?

This isn't an "uncertain background" it's an internet forum I frequent and in a section where minimal offence can be caused. Unlike "real world" offensive remarks can be swiftly eradicated in the event of offence. It isn't a case of "Hahaha, this girl's been raped let's rumbleing ridicule her. Then we'll go round to her house and throw used johnnies at her windows", the jokes I made played on a construct of me having to resort to desperate measures to acquire dates and then further twisting it into acts of incest, etc. Plyed and coated with as much irony as possible and again as far away as such boundary-pushing stuff could directly offend.

As I said, there's a difference between making "Paki" jokes purely based on a nonsensical stereotype of Asians and then there's genuine irony and conceptual stuff in the same areas. Same as to just make jokes about rape/murder etc. purely to offend is different from playing with the perceptions and thoughts of others in those terms.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then

its the internet, we have absolutely no idea who is reading what we post, there is nowhere on the internet that will cause minimal offence, if its on there, anyone can read it

its pretty much the same as your example earlier about making an offensive joke in a crowd and not among mates, how do you know a female victim of rape isnt in the crowd you are telling the joke to in the pub?

im not familiar with your rape gags but that female might not be either and will not get the irony if she read it on here

im not having a go at you posting these jokes, like i said im not easily offended, i would laugh at them if i found them funny, even though someone close to me has been raped

i just don't understand how that bloke telling "paki" jokes with his mates is any worse than you telling these jokes on here and would suggest telling jokes on a forum is infinately more likely to offend

A topic that makes people think, examine what pride is, and is for, is interesting to me.

I could have just called hornyowl a nobber, I was tempted, but it's far mire interesting to try and understand a viewpoint that I don't understand.

I love Owlstalk

Singing "gypo, gypo, gypo" at someone with long hair is the same as singing "paki, paki, paki" at someone with dark skin.

They are both insults with a racial dig inferring that the person displaying those physical attributes are inferior because of them.

The clue is in inferior and insult.

Is it acceptable to single out ginger players, or does that suggest that persons of a reddish hue are inferior to others of an alternative follicular persuasion?

Will the day ever come when fans unite, cross-legged on the terraces, and sing Kum Ba Yah in a glorious 30,000 strong circlejerk?

Will there ever be as many answers as there are questions?

Guest Distraught!

Do you believe some races are inherently superior to others?

Yes, I think the 4:30 at Sandown is far superior to the 3:20 at Ludlow. :huh:

Is it acceptable to single out ginger players, or does that suggest that persons of a reddish hue are inferior to others of an alternative follicular persuasion?

Will the day ever come when fans unite, cross-legged on the terraces, and sing Kum Ba Yah in a glorious 30,000 strong circlejerk?

Will there ever be as many answers as there are questions?

Kum Ba Yah......... :laugh:

Back to the OP.

The chant is a racial insult as Gypsies are recognised as a racial entity and protected as such from discrimination under British law. Just because the majority don't seem to find it offensive or report it as such doesn't mean it isn't.

How many cars whizz past you each day breaking the speed limit? We don't call the traffic police each time we see one but it doesn't mean that they aren't breaking the law.

The discussion the OP created has been very interesting.

The chant is old-fashioned, unfunny and a embarrassing.

The discrimination faced by gypsies is an interesting subject area especially for our "we're white and can't even say what we want in our own country" brigade. Individuals are banned from pubs and hotels based on the behaviour of others. Quite similar to the treatment of football supporters.

Alan Irvine was often referred to as a dour Scottish xxxxx on here. Was the Scottish bit racist?

Or, was it just an adjective?

Was he a dour xxxx because he is Scottish or just a dour xxxx that happened to be Scottish.

Peter Crouch is a lanky tvvat. He's a tvvat that happens to be lanky, nit a tvvat because he's lanky.

If you call someone a black illegitimate, is it because you think they're a illegitimate because they are black?

The insinuation in all of these examples is that it is somehow a slur to be Scottish, lanky or black.

"accusing" someone of being a gypo suggests that being a gypo is a bad thing. But if you are simply "calling" someone a gypo, isn't it the subjective view of the person who thinks it's racist that should be called into question?

If I say - you're a handsome fvcker - nobody thinks it's an insult particularly. But as a hideous troll, I genuinely hate those handsome wannkrs!!

Yet if I say - ah **** off you dirty gypo - the fact that I quite like gypsies is missed by the santimonious racists out there that pretend to be all PC about everything. You are the real racists!!!

The nail has been well and truelly smashed on the head with the hammer with this post!

The thread should have ended with this post.

Guest Distraught!

Is the BLACK police officers association racist?

Would a WHITE policemans association be racist?

I know the answer, and the politically correct w*****s on here would compare one of them to the KKK.

According to the Stephen Lawrence enquiry, all police associations are probably racist (institutionally racist anyway)! :ph34r:

To put it in a nutshell then we ,the english have to accept racial slurs against us , but if you are ethnic it is an offence,

I'm sorry but the pc brigade ,ought to man up and smell the coffee ,there interference in things are causing more grief and annimosety towards the racial aspect than it is worth,For instance We the white English .Scottish ,Welsh ,Irish are called from pillar to post , Do we claim racial abuse ,I've never heard it said ,We are Limey.s Pommies,White trash White barsteward ,Scottish barstewards Welsh barstewards ,and so on , But dare to call an Asian a Paki ,which is a shortened version of Pakistani,

And there is flippinguproar ,