Clinton pissed off.

Guest intercity0wl

Errmmmmm, no. I have mates who don't support Wednesday (Blackburn, Man Utd, Chesterfield and Altrincham), so mid-week games (when Wednesday are away obviously being a season ticket holder) we take it in turns going to watch the the clubs we support - it was Chesterfield's turn last night (just like Tamworth vs Altrincham a couple of weeks ago).

One of the strangest deffinitions of what a Wednesdayite does when we have an away game less than two hours away from sheffield, I really dont get this modern football fan lark.

Irvine,s crap, morrison was wrong to celebrate with him on saturday, and im off to watch Chezzy on Tuesday says it all imo.

Edited by intercity0wl

Not being funny, but if someone on here told you to "shut the roger up" they would have a - 50 and be pulled to bits for being childish, spitting the dummy out etc.

Uncalled for from CM and he's just dropped down a peg or two in my estimation. Reguardless of how frustrated he was.

Aye they probably would but this is a forum and if he had come on here and said something similar i would have a negative opinion. However he didnt want a discussion/argument about the current affairs with the club/team. He's on Twitter to keep in touch with friends and let fans follow his antics etc. He doesnt go on Twitter to get into big discussions about how poor his colleagues/manager is. Hence why he reacted in a short, direct, offensive way, and why i dont blame him.

One of the strangest deffinitions of what a Wednesdayite does when we have an away game less than two hours away from sheffield, I really dont get this modern football fan lark.

Irvine,s crap, morrison was wrong to celebrate with him on saturday, and im off to watch Chezzy on Tuesday says it all imo.

Right, so you want me to just have a group of mates who support Wednesday so I can be a bit inbred and just go and watch Wednesday? :blink:

The usual 23 homes games and usually around 12 away games in the league a season not enough?

Try getting some mates pal, broaden your footballing horizon, and realising the world doesn't revolve around Wednesday.

And for your information, we all finish work at 5:30pm (except one who finishes at 6pm). Wednesday were actually the next on the list, but Peterborough was too far given our finish times at work (and we have a manager's meeting 4:30pm-5:30pm on Tuesday's which we HAVE to attend), and as Chesterfield was within an hour was the sensible option. Don't worry though, the next game is Wednesday for the lads - Tranmere (and yes, I'll be at the MK Dons game on Saturday and at Rochdale the Saturday after). Hope this is ok for you? :biggrin:

And as for the last sentence - I'm amazed you can string a few together tbh - the Stockport tickets were purchased before Saturday's game against Hereford. But you are right, Urine is crap and Morrison did himself no favours celebrating and backing him.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Aye they probably would but this is a forum and if he had come on here and said something similar i would have a negative opinion. However he didnt want a discussion/argument about the current affairs with the club/team. He's on Twitter to keep in touch with friends and let fans follow his antics etc. He doesnt go on Twitter to get into big discussions about how poor his colleagues/manager is. Hence why he reacted in a short, direct, offensive way, and why i dont blame him.

Eh? Are you a parent? Kids use Twitter and that could quite easily have been someone's son/daughter. You don't blame him for telling a fan to flip off?

No excuse for it what so ever IMO. Suppose to be roll models ffs.

Right, so you want me to just have a group of mates who support Wednesday so I can be a bit inbred and just go and watch Wednesday? :blink:

The usual 23 homes games and usually around 12 away games in the league a season not enough?

Try getting some mates pal, broaden your footballing horizon, and realising the world doesn't revolve around Wednesday.

And for your information, we all finish work at 5:30pm (except one who finishes at 6pm). Wednesday were actually the next on the list, but Peterborough was too far given our finish times at work (and we have a manager's meeting 4:30pm-5:30pm on Tuesday's which we HAVE to attend), and as Chesterfield was within an hour was the sensible option. Don't worry though, the next game is Wednesday for the lads - Tranmere (and yes, I'll be at the MK Dons game on Saturday and at Rochdale the Saturday after). Hope this is ok for you? :biggrin:

And as for the last sentence - I'm amazed you can string a few together tbh - the Stockport tickets were purchased before Saturday's game against Hereford. But you are right, Urine is crap and Morrison did himself no favours celebrating and backing him.

Mates? Wot's them then?

I once had an imaginary mate but he ran away with my imaginary girlfriend. You can't trust anyone nowadays.

Mates? Wot's them then?

I once had an imaginary mate but he ran away with my imaginary girlfriend. You can't trust anyone nowadays.

:biggrin:

The missus (unfortunately, not imaginary!) will be coming to the Birmingham game with me, I've already squared the Bournemouth trip with her (and had my annual leave granted for the Tuesday off work), and I'll speak to the old man on Saturday at the MK Dons game if he fancies a trip to Carlisle.

I love being a part-time fan for having mates who support other clubs who I go to watch occassionally... :huh::biggrin:

The missus (unfortunately, not imaginary!) will be coming to the Birmingham game with me, I've already squared the Bournemouth trip with her (and had my annual leave granted for the Tuesday off work), and I'll speak to the old man on Saturday at the MK Dons game if he fancies a trip to Carlisle.

I love being a part-time fan for having mates who support other clubs who I go to watch occassionally... :huh::biggrin:

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Eh? Are you a parent? Kids use Twitter and that could quite easily have been someone's son/daughter. You don't blame him for telling a fan to flip off?

No excuse for it what so ever IMO. Suppose to be roll models ffs.

I spoke to Clinton last night after the game in the reception area, he wasn't happy to say the least. Basically said he ain't gonna hang around if he is on the bench. I told him we are all fed up with these results and that a new manager was needed.... he just smiled. Heffernan was stood near by and he looked totally pissed off!

To be fair to Clinton there was a tweet in between the last two in the first post, which I saw at the time but has since been deleted, that called him and Coke useless gits and f**king tails.

I would imagine that is the tweet Clinton was reacting to.

Aha that would explain it then, when I click the "in reply to" link which should have gone back to the original tweet it said it didn't exist.

Should really be sending messages of that nature to our players but at same time Clinton should know how to deal with it.

Yeah he may well be frustrates but I don't think he earnt a place after Saturday and certainly the public show of support for Irvine shouldn't earn him a place.

Of what I've seen recently, Madine & Heff would be my favoured front 2

I've got mates who support Blackpool (though last season some said they were Man Utd fans), Burnley, Man City, Blunts, Leeds, Sunderland.

It adds to the rich tapestry and debate. I get invited to some good games from time to time.

I saw Man Utd play Lyon at Old Trafford a couple of seasons ago but my fondest memory watching another club was seeing Sunderland pick up the old Division 3 trophy up at their old ground Roker Park, when they had the likes of Marco Gabbiadini and Eric Gates playing for them. I've since adopted Sunderland as my 2nd team. Sunderland fans have a lot in common with Wednesday fans. Both are passionate and follow their teams through thick and thin.

To be fair to Clinton there was a tweet in between the last two in the first post, which I saw at the time but has since been deleted, that called him and Coke useless gits and f**king tails.

I would imagine that is the tweet Clinton was reacting to.

As has been said above, this would explain his reaction as we often forget footballers are still human, they have feelings and what would we do if we were told in our jobs we were "the deleted twitter post here"?

However, I still maintain that my opinion is not about his ability on the pitch, his desire or commitment etc, it's about him replying with the same level of profanities that I believe is wrong.

If the player believes in himself and his self reasoning's to his current predicament, he should rise above it as much as possible and as I said before it's just about one's choice of words / phrases that can still shoot a so called wednesday fan down who he's unfortunately had to endure directly verbally abusing him, one of our top players.

Of course I cannot and will not condone anybody directly verbally abusing any member of our team, it's just lame, morally wrong, shows a lack of tact and maybe even intellect no matter how much they claim to "love wednesday" but I just believe Clinton's handled the choice of his retort wrongly is all.

You know most of us loves ya Clint, just unfortunate as in all walks of life you / we have to endure the minority of c4nts along the way in the journey of life. wink.gif

As for a fellow Wednesday fan being lambasted for also having the desire to go and watch other teams with his buddies, that surely is completey mad.

Does this mean I should be lambasted for also watching neutral games when on T.V. - as whether one attends for the reasons the poster has stated above or one attends other teams games from the comfort of the sofa on the T.V. makes no difference... we have first and foremost a love for the beautiful game, then and only then does one get affiliated with ones chosen football team etc.

Hence being a true club supporter and also being a neutral teams viewer is and should be completely acceptable ffs. blink.gif

Guest barmy army 1993

I can understand and agree with morrison all fans go on twitter there is him n coke on there and coke hardly on so they direct all poo poo at morrison he is fuming cos he wants to do is best for the team and irvine has sat him on a chair in his tracksuit doing roger all after scoring two goals to me this shows passion which dont know bout you but i wana see from our players!!

UTO