Clinton pissed off.

I've got mates who support Blackpool (though last season some said they were Man Utd fans), Burnley, Man City, Blunts, Leeds, Sunderland.

It adds to the rich tapestry and debate. I get invited to some good games from time to time.

I saw Man Utd play Lyon at Old Trafford a couple of seasons ago but my fondest memory watching another club was seeing Sunderland pick up the old Division 3 trophy up at their old ground Roker Park, when they had the likes of Marco Gabbiadini and Eric Gates playing for them. I've since adopted Sunderland as my 2nd team. Sunderland fans have a lot in common with Wednesday fans. Both are passionate and follow their teams through thick and thin.

And that is exactly what it is all about.

Whilst Wednesday are the only team for me, I get to see us loads of times a season (pushing around 40 games a season inclusive of cups). But only about half of my set of friends support Wednesday. The closest mates support Wednesday, United or the clubs I mentioned in the post a few posts back. I won't go and watch United under any circumstances (without Wednesday being involved in the game), but that is simply because of the rivalry.

Watching the level Man Utd and Blackburn play at, and the contrasting levels of Chesterfield and Altrincham, gives experience, more interest in football, great debate, broader knowledge of the game and of course time with my mates. The best away games away from Wednesday for me was Blackburn vs Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final at Old Trafford about 4 seasons ago; Pedersen missed a free header at the back stick and then Ballack won it for Chelsea. Also, another FA Cup game between Altrincham and Luton 2 seasons ago. The drama and atmopshere was superb at Moss Lane. Around 4,000 in a tiny stadium, flood light failure with a 2hr delay whilst we sat in the club house having a few Guinness' (but couldn't pay the right money as the tills were also effected by the power outage and the club house was pitch black!), Alty missed a stoppage time pen to win it, extra time and penalties.

I love Sheffield Wednesday, but to get stick for missing the occassional away game to go with a group of mates to watch their club is a bit sad on their behalf to be honest.

As for a fellow Wednesday fan being lambasted for also having the desire to go and watch other teams with his buddies, that surely is completey mad.

Does this mean I should be lambasted for also watching neutral games when on T.V. - as whether one attends for the reasons the poster has stated above or one attends other teams games from the comfort of the sofa on the T.V. makes no difference... we have first and foremost a love for the beautiful game, then and only then does one get affiliated with ones chosen football team etc.

Hence being a true club supporter and also being a neutral teams viewer is and should be completely acceptable ffs. blink.gif

+1 for you sir. Thankfully, there are some sensible fans amongst us Wednesdayites! :biggrin:

I know what your saying but i couldn't go to another match knowing the mighty owls are playing.

And that is up to you mate - and fair play to you.

I always try to arrange with my mates to get to their club's games when Wednesday aren't playing, but it isn't always possible obviously. Throughout the season, I probably miss 3 away games because of this; not the biggest deal for me when I get to watch Wednesday around 40 times a season anyway :smile:

why do tweeters have to post wots said on twitter on here? If i wanted to know wots on twitter i wud sign up,personally im bored fookless about morrison and his fonkin tweets and vaughns as well

why bother commin on here at all then?

most owls related stuff can be found on the OS and in the local / national news

I'm bored of pathetic whiney boo'ing owls "fans"