Foresight over astonishment

The last time we were at Birmingham post match we were holed up in the car park for more than one hour. During this time we were subjected to assault by missile that included stones, half house bricks, lumps of metal, bottles and ball bearings. There were several injuries to Wednesday fans and no first aid was made available.

I take it for this cup game we shall be taking considerably more as we are due a 25% ticket allocation.

I call on the club and our supporters organisations to solicit undertakings from Birmingham City FC and the Warwickshire police to put in place a far more robust plan than that of our last visit which was totally inadequate and unfit for purpose.

For those of you who were not there we were asked to exit the area allocated to us; as we passed by the gable end of a City stand frequented by city fans we were spat at and had all manner of rubbish hurled at us, we were not permitted to re-enter the stadium, rather forced up into a locked car park area where the real attack as outlined above commenced. The insignificant number of police lined the exterior of the car park fence and did nothing as missiles were thrown over at us. Within minutes the missiles started getting thrown in both directions as a stock pile of ammunition built up in the car park.

This was a sittuation that was totally avoidable with some serious planning, their excuse then was that it was totally unexpected.

If we raise our concerns now Birmingham City and the local Police might put in place a robust plan aimed at protecting our fans health & Safety.

UTO WTID

Birmingham City should know their supporters better than anybody. I have been to Birmingham probably a dozen times since the late 60's watching Wednesday and their so called supporters have always been the same. They have a large minority of animals/idiots in their fan base who are hell bent on trouble. Because of this and the general unfriendliness of the club these are in my top six hate clubs. The West Midlands police do very little to resolve this and the City fans take advantage. Midlands Scum Club.

Edited by Soul Power

The last time we were at Birmingham post match we were holed up in the car park for more than one hour. During this time we were subjected to assault by missile that included stones, half house bricks, lumps of metal, bottles and ball bearings. There were several injuries to Wednesday fans and no first aid was made available.

I take it for this cup game we shall be taking considerably more as we are due a 25% ticket allocation.

I call on the club and our supporters organisations to solicit undertakings from Birmingham City FC and the Warwickshire police to put in place a far more robust plan than that of our last visit which was totally inadequate and unfit for purpose.

For those of you who were not there we were asked to exit the area allocated to us; as we passed by the gable end of a City stand frequented by city fans we were spat at and had all manner of rubbish hurled at us, we were not permitted to re-enter the stadium, rather forced up into a locked car park area where the real attack as outlined above commenced. The insignificant number of police lined the exterior of the car park fence and did nothing as missiles were thrown over at us. Within minutes the missiles started getting thrown in both directions as a stock pile of ammunition built up in the car park.

This was a sittuation that was totally avoidable with some serious planning, their excuse then was that it was totally unexpected.

If we raise our concerns now Birmingham City and the local Police might put in place a robust plan aimed at protecting our fans health & Safety.

UTO WTID

Excellent post.

Only been to St. Andrews once and didn't experience any bother, but I heard the experience people had at that game was very poor and dangerous.

Guest BoomTownOwls

I was there and my wife got hit in the head by one of the missiles. They were also spitting at us inside the ground.

Ever since I always raise a little smile when they lose.

They are absolute scum and I fear that some of our idiots may feel we owe them one.

I was there and my wife got hit in the head by one of the missiles. They were also spitting at us inside the ground.

Ever since I always raise a little smile when they lose.

They are absolute scum and I fear that some of our idiots may feel we owe them one.

That's why I feel the club and our supporters organisations should raise the issue now as a serious concern. We don't need hot headed teens getting involved in this kind of stuf but if it can be prevented then it should be !

Like anywhere else I feel the vast majority of Birmingham City fans to be reasonable and law abiding. However, their hooli element is sizeable minority.

That's why I feel the club and our supporters organisations should raise the issue now as a serious concern. We don't need hot headed teens getting involved in this kind of stuf but if it can be prevented then it should be !

Like anywhere else I feel the vast majority of Birmingham City fans to be reasonable and law abiding. However, their hooli element is sizeable minority.

Yes all that trouble and they had beaten us . It needs sorting for when we play and beat them in the cup :biggrin:

Yes all that trouble and they had beaten us . It needs sorting for when we play and beat them in the cup :biggrin:

What a wuss ! Give it em back !!

UTO WTID

UTO WTID

seems nothing changes: west midlands police :angry:

Guest Big Guns

Yes, how pathetic of these wimps raising concerns about a football match where there will be a high risk of their girlfriends/wives and children getting hit by missiles....

What a numpty you are

you cat stay at home then.....