Time to gel

19 players have been brought into Brighton since the summer, 10 of them loanees.

So shouldn't they be in the bottom half somewhere?

Not neccessarily, a club that's had positive plans for progress over the last few years, a place players want to go an play.

Hillsborough is very much seen as just coming out of the poo poo but potential is there. When players arrive they probably see us all stuck in a depressive rumblein timewarp that we demand to be released from instantly

Hard work on all parts

Guest starrydave

So many excuses.

So many people changing their tune at a click of a finger.

Embarrassing.

lol chill ya beanz.

Honestly, some of you wittle on like its the FANS that are keeping Irvine here.

lol chill ya beanz.

Honestly, some of you wittle on like its the FANS that are keeping Irvine here.

Well obviously not.

Its certain posters - who wanted Irvine out - now blabbering on about giving him even more sodding time.

Edited by SiJ

Guest starrydave

Amazed... I'm truly amazed.

When will some of our fanbase get their heads out of the sand, wake the roger up and look at what's currently staring you in the face.

Jesus.

Apathy... Apathy... Apathy.

Amazed.

What are you on about?????

I've looked at every post before yours, and every one of them was Irvine out. So what exactly are you amazed by?

Guest starrydave

Well obviously not.

Its certain posters - who wanted Irvine out - now blabbering on about giving him even more sodding time.

who? where? when?

The strongest argument I've heard is 'the players might start to play better when they gel'?

Thats not saying give him more time, just that if we are stuck with him, at least the players might get a bit better.

Making the best of a bad situation!

Not neccessarily, a club that's had positive plans for progress over the last few years, a place players want to go an play.

Hillsborough is very much seen as just coming out of the poo poo but potential is there. When players arrive they probably see us all stuck in a depressive rumblein timewarp that we demand to be released from instantly

Hard work on all parts

That is extremely presumptuous psychobabble that basically fulfills itself. Any disaster can be blamed on vague inferences of 'negative vibes' (which can be expediently blamed on the fans whenever we see fit) and the like which mysteriously vanish whenever we get a good result.

A place players want to play !? The Withdean !?

I've often been accused of conspiracy theorising and special pleading and the like. Occasionally the principle of Occam's Razor is introduced where the solution requiring the least assumptions and which is of the highest likelihood is probably the answer. So what's most likely in our bad results here? The manager failing to fulfil what most people seemed to expect of him or a mysterious, ethereal atmosphere?

Guest starrydave

That is extremely presumptuous psychobabble that basically fulfills itself. Any disaster can be blamed on vague inferences of 'negative vibes' (which can be expediently blamed on the fans whenever we see fit) and the like which mysteriously vanish whenever we get a good result.

I've often been accused of conspiracy theorising and special pleading and the like. Occasionally the principle of Occam's Razor is introduced where the solution requiring the least assumptions and which is of the highest likelihood is probably the answer. So what's most likely in our bad results here? The manager failing to fulfil what most people seemed to expect of him or a mysterious, ethereal atmosphere?

actually lol ed

I've often been accused of conspiracy theorising and special pleading and the like. Occasionally the principle of Occam's Razor is introduced where the solution requiring the least assumptions and which is of the highest likelihood is probably the answer. So what's most likely in our bad results here? The manager failing to fulfil what most people seemed to expect of him or a mysterious, ethereal atmosphere, or having no midfield, our 2 decent CM's not being available at the same time, having only 1 good winger (1 average one and 1 crazy unpredictable but mostly terrible one) in other words basically too many poor players that are gradually being replaced?

So its entirely down to the midfield then

rudy-giuliani-headslap.jpg

Shame that Irvine doesn't seem to recognise it.

It is now the defense has been sorted, once they've gelled of course :ph34r:

Oh and AI has, both him and MM have said numerous times they are making enquires for players and today Lee Cook was confirmed as one of them (AI on Wednesday Player).

Not a bad 1st month for MM's reign, It's all coming together nicely.

Clapping_animation.gif

It is now the defense has been sorted, once they've gelled of course :ph34r:

Oh and AI has, both him and MM have said numerous times they are making enquires for players and today Lee Cook was confirmed as one of them (AI on Wednesday Player).

Not a bad 1st month for MM's reign, It's all coming together nicely.

Clapping_animation.gif

Interestingly (or not, I mean in the grand schemes its about as interesting as a sock), but Irvine, when asked about recruitment at the Q and A, identified, from my recollection, that he wanted to sign a defender and a striker. . .

The best bit of MM's reign has been MM and saving our club.

On the pitch - nothing to do with MM, all to do with AI - has been blooming awful.

or having no midfield, our 2 decent CM's not being available at the same time, having only 1 good winger (1 average one and 1 crazy unpredictable but mostly terrible one) in other words basically too many poor players that are gradually being replaced?

So let's say we get the two midfielders we're after in the next couple of days.

Will Irvine finally be out of excuses? Or will we then move onto an indefinite period for the new midfielders to settle in (which will conveniently coincide with us winning a couple of games)?

What are you on about?????

I've looked at every post before yours, and every one of them was Irvine out. So what exactly are you amazed by?

I'm amazed by a few things...

1) People changing their tune. After the Leyton Orient game, certain posters wanting him out, then after the debacle against Yeovil wanting him out... Now people have changed their tune... Amazed.

2) Amount of people still backing him on here despite the awful points total we've gained over the past five months... Amazed.

3) The time to gel crap... Load of rubbish... What's about the previous 11 months of his reign. Brian laws led the majority of the squad to a mid table finish in the league above until something went drastically wrong behind the scenes. LS removed the problem, but Irvine still doesn't seem to get the best out of them. Yet the Irvine supporters still go on about squad been crap, blah blah blah...

4) Amount of people that ring up Radio Sheffield and still blabber on about Irvine and more time... He's had over a year in charge ffs and as far as I can sed is a RELEGATION and a MID TABLE place at the minute, whilst playing some of the most boring, dour and negative poo i've ever seen at Hillsborough...

Like I say... Amazed.

Oh and btw, my original post wasn't aimed particularly at this thread but at some of our fans on Owlstalk, some that ring Radio Sheff and in the fans in general.

Guest Distraught!

I'm amazed by a few things...

1) People changing their tune. After the Leyton Orient game, certain posters wanting him out, then after the debacle against Yeovil wanting him out... Now people have changed their tune... Amazed.

Why are you so amazed at this?

It's very clear what is happening.

A proportion of people that were previously calling for Irvine's head are now putting out a rallying call that we should get behind Mr Mandaric's wishes.

What they are trying to do is support the club and Mandaric by biting their lip and accepting we are stuck with Alana Irvine whether we like it or not.

My own viewpoint is that I respect Mr Mandaric's stand and accept that it is now "his club" and he has the right to make the decisions without necessarily being in agreement with him.

@ DJM - Withdean not a great place to play but it's even worse for an away team & they move next year

@ anyone thinking people have changed mind re AI, not the case, on my part anyway, same concerns but as per other post time to reflect..

Does getting frustrated at our own on Matchday help? No

Should I respect and trust our chairman and saviour? Yes

Time to unite

Old 33 loves a bit of GEL talk, where is he when you need him???

Tj2

I'm coming round to this way of thinking...!

After my thread yesterday where all the HappyClappersTM explained the reasoning behind their positions of support, I think it is clear that MM has come in a saved our club and has given support to his manager both in terms of player acquisitions and personal support.

He has asked for the fans to give their backing despite the fact that:

We play poo football

We play players that continually under-perform

We don't play those that do perform or show potential

We don't employ tactics that will get the best out of the resources that we have

We don't try and develop potential in our younger players

We have falling crowds who fall to sleep during games

We have ST holders staying away becuase of the drudge

We have fooked up some of our promising young players

We continually treat the opposition like we are playing the might of Catalonia

We apparently have 14 coaches and had insufficent notebooks for them all, until MM came in

We have the most boring sounding bugger who if you close your eyes and think really hard and 'visualise, visualise' you will realise that he sounds nothing like Bill Shankly

We cannot compete with decent sides or those that are prepared to put their foot in

We struggle to beat lowly sides at home

We can count the times that we have played well in this third dividion of English football, with the sort of squad that we have, on the one hand

We get hammered at places like Exeter and Leytonstone

We are an embarrassment to the name Sheffield Wednesday FC on national television at Brentford, Huddersfield and Southport

We make ourselves a laughing stock by not being able to beat a team who are third bottom, playing with 9 men for a quarter of the game

Well let me tell you and your like, that we should put all these things aside and get behind Alan and the team, because now that he has signed 13 players (?) in this past year, he can now free himself from the shackles of the financial and boardroom political constraints of the past year and we will no doubt see a free-flowing attractive side playing super stuff and make us all realise why LS and HW think he was such a good appointment and why we are so lucky to have him.

Also, Mark Lawerenson thinks he is a hard worker and because I like Alan Hansen, that is another plus point for me.

So despite all these factors, I think it is clear that we need more time for the new players to gel and hopefully everything will be okay in time...!

Edited by 33

For the start of the 2004/2005 season we assembled pretty much a complete new team. Turner underachieved with them for the first few months of the season (far less time than Irvine's had to "gel" his summer signings, but it took a more experienced, better manager to come in to get them playing together and leading them to promotion.

Guest Triplej2

Tj2

I'm coming round to this way of thinking...!

After my thread yesterday where all the HappyClappersTM explained the reasoning behind their positions of support, I think it is clear that MM has come in a saved our club and has given support to his manager both in terms of player acquisitions and personal support.

He has asked for the fans to give their backing despite the fact that:

We play poo football

We play players that continually under-perform

We don't play those that do perform or show potential

We don't employ tactics that will get the best out of the resources that we have

We don't try and develop potential in our younger players

We have falling crowds who fall to sleep during games

We have ST holders staying away becuase of the drudge

We have fooked up some of our promising young players

We continually treat the opposition like we are playing the might of Catalonia

We apparently have 14 coaches and had insufficent notebooks for them all, until MM came in

We have the most boring sounding bugger who if you close your eyes and think really hard and 'visualise, visualise' you will realise that he sounds nothing like Bill Shankly

We cannot compete with decent sides or those that are prepared to put their foot in

We struggle to beat lowly sides at home

We can count the times that we have played well in this third dividion of English football, with the sort of squad that we have, on the one hand

We get hammered at places like Exeter and Leytonstone

We are an embarrassment to the name Sheffield Wednesday FC on national television at Brentford, Huddersfield and Southport

We make ourselves a laughing stock by not being able to beat a team who are third bottom, playing with 9 men for a quarter of the game

Well let me tell you and your like, that we should put all these things aside and get behind Alan and the team, because now that he has signed 13 players (?) in this past year, he can now free himself from the shackles of the financial and boardroom political constraints of the past year and we will no doubt see a free-flowing attractive side playing super stuff and make us all realise why LS and HW think he was such a good appointment and why we are so lucky to have him.

Also, Mark Lawerenson thinks he is a hard worker and because I like Alan Hansen, that is another plus point for me.

So despite all these factors, I think it is clear that we need more time for the new players to gel and hopefully everything will be okay in time...!

I hear a lot of talk about GEL but very little about hairspray, mousse or even wax. is that fair? I don't think so.