Time to gel

All I keep hearing from Irvine supporters is he needs time to gel!

He brought in 9 players in the summer and we looked more of a team in August than what we do now.

He keeps chopping and changing the team because he doesn't know his strongest team and he doesn't play to their strengths.

But the worst part of it all is, what is he trying to get the team to gel into. All I can see it that he sends his team out their to stop the opposition keep it tight and no method behind our attacking play. No team with that mentality ever achieved success at any level.

His footballing philosophy is all wrong and no amount of time, players, hard work will save him because he won't change the way we play and his philosophy.

I have always believed the players are good enough, we just need a manager to play them to their strengths.

Irvine Out!

Guest starrydave

Its not fans on here though is it - vast majority of us want him out... its mandaric himself ffs! He saved our club, now lets let him run it how he sees fit.

Its not fans on here though is it - vast majority of us want him out... its mandaric himself ffs! He saved our club, now lets let him run it how he sees fit.

Let's see if he can run it how he sees fit on crowds of 15,000, because that's what's going to happen with us being a mid table 3rd division team playing dour football!

The league leaders brought in a total of 17 players over the last 12 months.

I dont buy this time to gel argument, he was failing badly before this transfer window and should have been sacked upon MM's arrival.

THE WORST MANAGER I HAVE SEEN AT THE CLUB IN OVER 30 YEARS OF WATCHING MY BELOVED OWLS.

stats

I couldn't give a monkeys about anything else bar playing half decent football and getting results of which he's had MORE than a fair crack of the whip to establish his personality and expertise on the squad we have at our disposal.

I dont back MM on this decision, its a bad decision and the stats and facts of his tenure are there to back up my opinion.

In what should be a fabulous time for a Sheffield Wednesday supporter by keeping this man in a job has done nothing but cause further unrest and disappointment amongst the paying customers of this football club. It's a very simple conclusion.

IRVINE OUT

Guest starrydave

Let's see if he can run it how he sees fit on crowds of 15,000, because that's what's going to happen with us being a mid table 3rd division team playing dour football!

Because this thread is gonna change that...?

I hate the football we are playing at the moment, but its good to get a bit of perspective. Milan, not Irvine, WILL bring better football to hillsborough.

Guest Wrighty80

I have to completely agree with the OP.

This time to gel rubbish is absolutely cringe worthy.

We've added 4 players to a good squad, and he wants time to gel the players as were entering February!

What about that team you've been gelling for the last 6 months that was good enough for the Championship without the new signings?

Guest Wrighty80

As for trusting Milan, I agree you have to and you certainly cant start having a go at him.

I'm also not a fan of blind faith either though, it's not like Milan hasn't made mistakes with Managers in the past, hence he'd had to fire so many!

It fact, his managerial judgement has been his one big flaw!

Because this thread is gonna change that...?

I hate the football we are playing at the moment, but its good to get a bit of perspective. Milan, not Irvine, WILL bring better football to hillsborough.

Its a discussion forum ffs! the whole point of it is to discuss things!

Nothing ever discussed on an internet forum ever changed a chairman's mind but thats not to point of the thread is it!

Guest starrydave

ooooohhh, look at you with your FFSs.

That was a throwaway comment, the second line is my main point. I think Milan has earnt our trust (not blind faith) for a while. The mood IS starting to shift against MM, and that would be a real shame!

That was a throwaway comment, the second line is my main point. I think Milan has earnt our trust (not blind faith) for a while. The mood IS starting to shift against MM, and that would be a real shame!

I have total faith in MM, not Irvine!

All the feel good factor has gone though because of what is being served up on the pitch.

I think we should get in a new manager that all the fans can get behind and have faith in. couple of win hopefully move up the table and we'd get 20,000 in no problem. I think Sheridan would have the greatest impact short term, especially in terms of fans behind him but we need to think long term and ambitious, hence the reason for the picture.

On a totally unrelated note!

How good is The Big Bang Theory!!

Guest starrydave

I have total faith in MM, not Irvine!

All the feel good factor has gone though because of what is being served up on the pitch.

I think we should get in a new manager that all the fans can get behind and have faith in. couple of win hopefully move up the table and we'd get 20,000 in no problem. I think Sheridan would have the greatest impact short term, especially in terms of fans behind him but we need to think long term and ambitious, hence the reason for the picture.

On a totally unrelated note!

How good is The Big Bang Theory!!

ha ha, at least we cant argue about that! One of the best things on TV at the moment!

THE mood isn't changing against our new son it will never as every tom wee pipe and harry realises he did a good thing for all of us saved our very existence, he is a Football man too, i dont get that vibe that it's against him TBH, The manager has to be questionable weather on here on the stands or in the media we are not at a blue square premier club. Irvine admits himself it hasn't been good enough on the pitch/results.

Guest starrydave

THE mood isn't changing against our new son it will never as every tom wee pipe and harry realises he did a good thing for all of us saved our very existence, he is a Football man too, i dont get that vibe that it's against him TBH, The manager has to be questionable weather on here on the stands or in the media we are not at a blue square premier club. Irvine admits himself it hasn't been good enough on the pitch/results.

Im not saying its there yet mate - It just looks like thats the way its going. We'll have this discussion again in a months time if Irvine is still in charge.

Its just one excuse after another.

What will it be after another few dismal defeats?

Some people have incredibly low expectations.

We have gone from automatic, to play offs, to consolidation/rebuilding.

Its laughable.

Guest starrydave

Its just one excuse after another.

What will it be after another few dismal defeats?

Some people have incredibly low expectations.

We have gone from automatic, to play offs, to consolidation/rebuilding.

Its laughable.

lady vitriol enters stage left :mellow:

Guest Triplej2

You don't half talk a load of rubbish mate. The mood is most definitely NOT shifting against Milan, people are just non plussed at the lack of P45 action.

I think you're just being Harry opposite because this is all a novelty to you.