Irvine has MM's full backing

Its quite impressive in many ways.

In terms of league position we are behind the team who won the play offs 2004/05.

Most of that season was spent with Lee Peacock and James Quinn up front after Maclean's injury. Drew Talbot was back up and Graham Barrett (who?!) was brought in on loan as well.

Compare those 4 to Clinton Morrison, Neil Mellor, Gary Madine and Paul Heffernan.

It's quite frankly unbelievable that we are lower now tih this squad than we were then.

This season has seen more boring humiliating rubbish that i can stand.

Am I on a different planet to everyone else or something?

The football has been fairly poo poo, there's no getting away from that, but to call it boring is just rumbleing messed up (no offence).

Chesterfield, Hartlepool (x2), MK Dons, Bristol Rovers, Charlton and the last 30 minutes yesterday have been some of the most exciting games I've seen in the last few years.

Guest Sheamus

Am I on a different planet to everyone else or something?

The football has been fairly poo poo, there's no getting away from that, but to call it boring is just rumbleing messed up (no offence).

Chesterfield, Hartlepool (x2), MK Dons, Bristol Rovers, Charlton and the last 30 minutes yesterday have been some of the most exciting games I've seen in the last few years.

6 and a half games out of about 30!! WOW exciting season.

The other 23 have probably been the MOST boring, turgid piece of poo anyone has had to watch!

since Milan's 1st appearance in the Director's box it's been, w l l w d l d. Which on the face of it is not the form to get a manager the sack.

It is when his objective is to get promotion, and three of those games were pathetic hammerings at the hands of poo like Exeter and Leyton Orient, and failure to win at home against a 9 man Yeovil Town from the relegation zone.

It is when his objective is to get promotion, and three of those games were pathetic hammerings at the hands of poo like Exeter and Leyton Orient, and failure to win at home against a 9 man Yeovil Town from the relegation zone.

No it's not. Any manager in the country at any team wouldn't get sacked on that form. But it's obviously not just about that. It's the shocking form in September that's been the biggest problem, it meant for automatic we couldn't afford another bad month like this one. If Irvine goes it won't be just because of the last 7 games.

My point was, if Milan was happy with Irvine before he took over and accepted they needed to change the squad for the short and long term, which was bound to effect form, then nothing that's happened since then is big enough on it's own to change his mind. Still that's a big if, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Irvine does go.

But it's the combination of all that's happened over the last 13 months that's got people wanting him out, not the last 7 games, since Milan took over.

No it's not. Any manager in the country at any team wouldn't get sacked on that form. But it's obviously not just about that. It's the shocking form in September that's been the biggest problem, it meant for automatic we couldn't afford another bad month like this one. If Irvine goes it won't be just because of the last 7 games.

My point was, if Milan was happy with Irvine before he took over and accepted they needed to change the squad for the short and long term, which was bound to effect form, then nothing that's happened since then is big enough on it's own to change his mind. Still that's a big if, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Irvine does go.

But it's the combination of all that's happened over the last 13 months that's got people wanting him out, not the last 7 games, since Milan took over.

Okely Dokely.

errr.....

September - P5 W0 D1 L4

Last 5 league games - P5 W0 D2 L3

not MASSIVELY different is it pal

errr.....

September - P5 W0 D1 L4

Last 5 league games - P5 W0 D2 L3

not MASSIVELY different is it pal

I expect Donny to counter this post haste.

Don't need to counter anything, it doesn't contradict my post.

Don't need to counter anything, it doesn't contradict my post.

you said on the recent form no manager in the country would get sacked

then you admit septembers form was "shocking", when they are pretty much the same, is that not contradictory????

im not gonna argue mate, i dont really care!!

i think we all want the same thing and thats for the manager to go

i literally cannot believe he's still here

Edited by dobbo

Guest Saturday Owl

Just get rid please Milan! We love you but you need you to do this so badly!

This is what I think will happen;

AI will be in charge for Hereford and Peterborough then after the window has finished he'll be gone and MM will bring in his own man.

bit contradictory tho

you said on the recent form no manager in the country would get sacked

then you admit septembers form was "shocking", when they are pretty much the same

im not gonna argue mate, i dont really care!!

i think we all want the same thing and thats for the manager to go

i literally cannot believe he's still here

It contradicts nothing.

I said recent form (and I used the last 7 in all comps, as that's what MM has seen) alone, is not enough to get a manager the sack. I'm just trying to understand Milan's thinking IF he is sticking with Irvine. If he was happy with him last month, he isn't going to sack him now based on what he has witnessed since he took his seat in the directors box and saw us win 6 - 2 is he?

Would he sack him based on 7 games since he decided to back him and let him rebuild the defence? Many fans have been unhappy with AI for a while so the last 7 just add to it, but MM wasn't unhappy with him. He backed him.

Personally I couldn't care less if he goes or stays. I think we'll reach the play offs and I think we'll go into next season with a much much better team no matter who's in charge. And with MM at the helm if AI fails once all recent changes are complete he will go, so no need for all the drama, vile & hatred? (in general, not from you) It's metal.