One slight positive from today!

Guest Josh Fox

Guest Josh Fox

Thought madine did well in the 45 minutes he played today, won more or less everything in the air put himself about, just a shame to see him go off at half time!

The only positive that come from an awful performance & hopefully heffernan will get a chance now besides him or mellor cos morrison needs to be dropped!

Think he should have a run with Heff, see how it goes,

Agreed Madine looked promising first half today, the only positive from the game.

Think Mellor needs a sit down, he tried when he came on today, and I think he's a good forward at this level, but he doesn't look fully fit to me,

He was blowing hard after a few minutes, and it doesnt help that the way we have to play involves a 15 stone unit like him chasing longs balls down all the time.

I listened on Wednesday Player and it sounded like a couple of their players should've been arrested for assault, off my top of my head he had to receive treatment for 2 or 3 separate head injuries and was getting blatantly and constantly fouled.

Glad he looked good though because I was seriously underwhelmed when we signed him.

Guest Josh Fox

Yeah completely agree about giving heffernan a run, clear that irvine has it's favourites but hopefully he'll be gone soon.

I rate mellor at this level, but i think he needs to be on bench as he's not fit at all!

Hopefully madine can carry on next game it's gotta be heffernan & madine upfront next game! Cos morrison plays week in week out yet has been a major dissapointment and mellor just needs to get fit!

Guest Josh Fox

To be fair, Madine, Morrison and THE RADIATOR were immense first half. If only Sedgwick wasn't a complete useless w@nker and scored his 2 pretty much open goals eh?

I'd go with every word with that, first one might have been a good clearance but he should have buried it! Another bad signing...

Got to say I was impressed with Madine, much more of a focal point than either Morrison or Mellor.

I would like to see JJ alongside him, just to see how a player with a bit of pace and trickery could benefit from the lay-offs and flick-ons Madine would provide.

Midfield wee wee poor, defence leaking goals like the clappers, but the much-vaunted Morrison and Mellor - they're not setting the world on fire either - halfway trhough the season and just 11 league goals between them - not nearly good enough.

Guest Josh Fox

from what i could make out he had a brilliant debut, only lacking a goal. As WW said, it sounded like they were doing a job on him. How did he get injured? i heard it was a blow to head, was it an elbow or something?

Yeah they were, he was worst cullprit matty spring in middle of their field! Got caught in mouth literally after whistle had been blown for kick off & then got caugh again near half time, i heard a broken nose that's why he had to be taken off...

Looked very handy indeed and has real potential given he's still only 20.

Won just about every header, has a much better touch than i expected (Carlisle fans implied he was a right donkey in that respect) and got himself in 2 or 3 genuine scoring positions which is a decent return for 45 minutes work.

Good start, and i'd love to see him play with Heffernan- i think they would compliment each other really well. Just a shame Heffernan can't link up the play from the f**king bench.

Guest Josh Fox

Yeah definetly looked very very promising, if available then he should definetly be starting alongsid the heff tuesday night.

Would love to know why that scottish **** insinsts with morrison over heffernan though!

Z

Good to hear. Shame for the lad that his debut was in a 4-0 defeat.

Probably a positive for the lad that he played well in a decent first half performance that should have seen us in front, still seems strange to me that we started with him rather than Mellor though.

Just feel that if Mellor had had the first half and Madine the second, then it might have been different....

OK - clutching at straws :angry:

from what i could make out he had a brilliant debut, only lacking a goal. As WW said, it sounded like they were doing a job on him. How did he get injured? i heard it was a blow to head, was it an elbow or something?

Brilliant debut? Hmmmm maybe a little o.t.t