Just got back

This is a home fixture for me.....and added to that a couple of Wednesdayites gave me a free ticket outside the ground.........thanks for that lads. Even so I feel cheated.

Watching our fans get on the coaches for the long journey back home, I couldn't help feeling that they deserve better. MUCH better.

I don't usually post in these after match defeat threads, but I have to say Irvine must go now.

They gave us far too much respect in the first half and we had all the possession but never looked like scoring. No creativity or movement off the ball....just half flick on and scuffed attempts. They had a five minute spell near the end of the first half where they actually tried to play and tore us apart. It was obvious their manager would be telling them to get stuck into us at half time.

The second half was a travesty of football from our point of view. We had nothing.

Edited by Tyto Alba

This is a home fixture for me.....and added to that a couple of Wednesdayites gave me a free ticket outside the ground.........thanks for that lads. Even so I feel cheated.

Watching our fans get on the coaches for the long journey back home, I couldn't help feeling that they deserve better. MUCH better.

I don't usually post in these after match defeat threads, but I have to say Irvine must go now.

They gave us far too much respect in the first half and we had all the possession but never looked like scoring. No creativity or movement off the ball....just half flick on and scuffed attempts. They had a five minute spell near the end of the first half where they actually tried to play and tore us apart. It was obvious their manager would be telling them to get stuck into us at half time.

The second half was a travesty of football from our point of view. We had nothing.

To be fair, I think we controlled the first half, should really have scored twice. How that first one didn't go in I'll never know. Their fat right back was getting absolutely murdered by Teale and Jones. Madine won nearly everything and his flicks always reached clinton.

However, like you say, as soon as they had a go at us we completely capitulated. Christ knows what irvine does on the training ground but it certainly isn't defending free-kicks.

He's gotta go.

To my train carriage

I feel disgusted , embarrassed and absolutely gutted that I've spent the best part of 100 quid watchin em today

Wow , that was really bad , I didn't go to Exeter , I can imagine it being a bit worse .

All Morrisson did was stand there and moan ,madine was ok at holding it up and distributing it that was about it.

Sedgewick? Don't even get me started !

My thought are with every other Wednesday fan travelling home from the capital !

Might be there next week , might of calmed down by then !

One thing that we can take as a positive , once again , you guessed it ...., The support !

Wednesday Til I die

I just had the immense displeasure of sitting next to the Father in Law (an Orient fan) in the home stand and now suffering the deserved gloating.

So optimistic for today, but just so disappointed with individual performances. Awful defence of set pieces, offering nothing going forward. I think JJ should have played from the start instead of Sedgewick, O'Connor just couldn't control the ball and THE RADIATOR Johnso showed a lot of the flaws Plymouth fans have talked about. Also, I don't think having Weaver as captain works. Not sure who else should have the armband, but with so many newbies in the team it needs someone out 'in the thick of it' to be giving out instruction.

Madine definitely had a bit of swagger about him and although he din't do a great deal, the team just lost any sense of penetration after he'd gone off in the second half.

We should sign their no. 11, Revell too. Really good today and when we played them at Hillsborough.

I really have wanted Irvine to succeed, but it really isn't happening for him.

Just got back (nr reading). Best part of the day was meeting some old friends in the Birbeck Tavern who I havent seen for years. As for the rest? We made an average Orient side look good. Our midfield needs sorting desperately, but the first new signing we should make is a new Manager - sorry Alan, but on paper we should have had no problems today - we've got some good players, but we don't seem to be able to play as a team.

Just got back myself.. wow. Johnson seemed to win everything in the air in the 1st half, as did Madine. I cant understand Irvine's change of him out for Mellor @ start of 2nd half. Weaver shoulda done better for their 3rd ( free kick ?) but kept us in it until then. Sedgwick was a disgrace.

Did AI only use 2 subs?! where the f is heff? Why shove sedgwick at cm ?! words fail me, spent a heck of a lot of money today. Long ball after long ball . Honestly, we didn't create one absolute clear cut chance. flip knows what's happening next, but one of the worst performances of the season..

My 7 year old turned around to me on the way home and said "mummy that was poo poo"

Now usually I'd have torn into him and totally berated him for language like that, though to be fair I've NEVER heard him use it before...

But in light of today... he had a point.. and it did make me smile

My 7 year old turned around to me on the way home and said "mummy that was poo poo"

Now usually I'd have torn into him and totally berated him for language like that, though to be fair I've NEVER heard him use it before...

But in light of today... he had a point.. and it did make me smile

:laugh: Oh dear!

I can't put it into words how bad that 2nd half was.

First half was just about ok- Madine won absolutely everything in the air and showed a good touch and decent ability to pick a pass. Jones and Teale looked dangerous down the left hand side together and put in some decent crosses, and Sedgwick misses 2 sitters.

It all fell apart though, from just about the moment the 2nd half kicked off, and one of the worst halfs of football i've ever seen from SWFC commenced- it was wave after wave of attack and we had no answer to it. No answer to f**king Leyton Orient. (no offence meant to them, they played nicely and exploited our weaknesses, but our team should be hammering the poo poo out of them on paper let's be fair.)

THE RADIATOR was great in the first half, but f**k me was he bad in the 2nd. Beevers looked like a fan who had been asked to come out of the crowd and play the 2nd half.

Sedgwick was just unbelievable. Missed two sitters (the second one was a gift), gave the ball away (and i'm not exaggerating this) just about everytime he got it, and then instead of bringing him off, Irvine moves him into central f**king midfield. That's right, we're getting pressed by Leyton Orient all over the pitch, so Irvine moves the worst passer of the ball into central f**king midfield and expects things to improve with Sedgwick and O'Connor.

Heffernan doesn't start. I'm already pissed off with that. Then Mellor comes on for Madine. That nudges my frustration up a notch. Then we run out of subs and Heffernan spends another 90 minutes on the bench- a week after inspiring the team and scoring, and with 2 goals in his last 3 subs appearances, and he still won't give him half an hour.

Jesus wept.

The less said about Irvine the better. I think that's the 7th away game under his tenure (that i've experienced) now that fans hav been pouring out with 25+ minutes to go. That says it all.

That was about the most excruciating 45 minutes I think I've ever seen, so painful, so agonising - like being punched in the stomach by somone you thought was your best friend.

I thought today was going to be the turning point, the start of a new era ........................what a massive, massive let down.

Just lucky it wasn't Southampton or Brighton, it would have been a lot more..

The strange thing is, it was so unexpected. First half we did okay, no threat from Orient.

I thought Madine showed promise in his first game, winning a lot of headers, showed he had the ability to turn players.

All the play was coming down the left through Jones,Teale, so it was unfortunate that when the crosses were coming over, the best chances were falling to Sedgwick, coming in as the last player from the right.

I don't know why the changes were made at half-time, I was looking forward to seeing Madine with a bit more space when the game opened up.

When the penalty was scored we just collapsed like pack of cards. Weaver made a couple of excellent saves, they could have had more.

Never looked likely to get back into the game, looked as though the players thought that too. Two substitutions had already been made, so there was a sense of this is all we have to throw at them. When Miller went off (injured?), JOC and Sedgewick were totally overrun in centre midfield.

No leadership on the pitch, just a shocking capitulation.

That was about the most excruciating 45 minutes I think I've ever seen, so painful, so agonising - like being punched in the stomach by somone you thought was your best friend.

I thought today was going to be the turning point, the start of a new era ........................what a massive, massive let down.

The strange thing is, it was so unexpected. First half we did okay, no threat from Orient.

I thought Madine showed promise in his first game, winning a lot of headers, showed he had the ability to turn players.

All the play was coming down the left through Jones,Teale, so it was unfortunate that when the crosses were coming over, the best chances were falling to Sedgwick, coming in as the last player from the right.

I don't know why the changes were made at half-time, I was looking forward to seeing Madine with a bit more space when the game opened up.

When the penalty was scored we just collapsed like pack of cards. Weaver made a couple of excellent saves, they could have had more.

Never looked likely to get back into the game, looked as though the players thought that too. Two substitutions had already been made, so there was a sense of this is all we have to throw at them. When Miller went off (injured?), JOC and Sedgewick were totally overrun in centre midfield.

Exactly. Weaver is too isolated to lead and no one else on the pitch looks up to it.

both subs were due to injuries