I wish we'd done our homework better.

I know I'm no expert and don't have coaching badges, but if as Mr Irvine says he studies videos of our opposition. Then I think he missed a glaring observation about Charlton's keeper.

Last week when Spurs beat Charlton, their keeper pulled off a string of saves all to his left hand post. He was beaten three times, all low to his right hand post.

Keepers do tend to have a weak side when diving.

Maybe if Miller's penalty had been hit to the other side we might have taken all three points. Or am I talking b*llocks?

I think that we didn't do our homework full stop.

Perhaps its just me - no coaching badges by the way - but when you have two centre halves - who are both very old and largely poo - then surely the sensible option would be to bombard them with pace and draw them in with good link up play/technique.

The two players to provide this were of course Paul Heffernan and Jermaine Johnson, who were without the question the catalyst for our second half revival.

So - with the joy of hindsight admittedly - why did we resort in the first half to smacking the ball to Neil Mellor, probably giving Doherty and Daily the easiest half of football they've had all season?

I think if we had gone in at 2-1 at half time we may not have seen the same 2nd half performance.

The fact we were 2 down and missed a pen made him think "go for it". It worked really, we hammered them and were unlucky not to take the 3 points.

Also if I were AI I would be raging at the players. How can the same team destroy brizzle city and then play so poo at home for 45 mins?!?!

Also if I were AI I would be raging at the players. How can the same team destroy brizzle city and then play so poo at home for 45 mins?!?!

That same team went and got hammered at Exeter the next week.

Something ain't right.

I think if we had gone in at 2-1 at half time we may not have seen the same 2nd half performance.

The fact we were 2 down and missed a pen made him think "go for it". It worked really, we hammered them and were unlucky not to take the 3 points.

I think that's absolutely right and i said at half time yesterday that the 2-0 scoreline will set the mentality for both teams - it made us go for it and it made them reluctant to do other than protect their lead which for a poo poo defensive team like Charlton is always gonna be high risk

I could imagine the kids going round to 'Uncle Alans' for the weekend. Uncle Alan can we watch a film, Ive brought finding nemo. Several minutes later the kids find themselves watching Pro Zone analysis, How to spot a great player.

"Uncle Alan can we watch a film?"

"Yes we can watch a horror film "The Heffernator"

Edited by marconi

Guest pac-man

I know I'm no expert and don't have coaching badges, but if as Mr Irvine says he studies videos of our opposition. Then I think he missed a glaring observation about Charlton's keeper.

Last week when Spurs beat Charlton, their keeper pulled off a string of saves all to his left hand post. He was beaten three times, all low to his right hand post.

Keepers do tend to have a weak side when diving.

Maybe if Miller's penalty had been hit to the other side we might have taken all three points. Or am I talking b*llocks?

If miller had scored the penalty he wouldn't have changed it at halftime and we wouldnt have got a draw.