Halfway through the season - where will we finish?

295 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the Owls finish in the league table

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • 11th
    • 12th
    • 13th
    • 14th
    • 15th
    • 16th
    • 17th
    • 18th
    • 19th
    • 20th or lower

Guest totemowl

Where can I get some of the stuff you've been smoking mate?

Happy clappers like you keep jokes like irvine in charge

Don't be an idiot. Expressing an opinion on this forum doesn't mean keeping Irvine in charge.

The only guy keeping Irvine in charge is Milan Mandaric. Are you branding Milan as a happy clapper?

I actually don't think new players will make that much difference.

The players we have had since the start are good enough to win this league - we saw that when without even playing well we were top of the league.

As the season has gone on, we have actually got worse. The new players coming in might help us go on a mini run and get a few extra wins, but then I'm confident with Irvine in charge he will ensure a swift return to our normal form soon enough, and we will finish comfortably in mid-table.

Nothing short of a complete disaster, and a complete and utter waste of resources spent on good players this season.

Edited by nebneeb

That's certainly what our recent results and that table I came up with in post #21 seem to be showing.

Very worrying that over a period of almost 5 months we are 17th place.

The financial cloud excuse is also beginning to wear thin now - since the takeover was announced we have played 5, and picked up just 4 points.

Guest woofer123

With AI we will make the playoffs (But not win them)

My vote went for 2nd place as i think AI has blown his chances of keeping his job and will be sacked this week.

League One table since we beat Hartlepool to go top on 28th August (played / points) :

1) Brighton 19/39

2) Southampton 21/37

3) Huddersfield 21/35

4) Bournemouth 20/32

5) Brentford 20/31

6) MK Dons 21/30

7) Exeter 21/29

8) Charlton 19/28

9) Colchester 18/28

10) Rochdale 19/27

11) Hartlepool 18/27 -1

12) Oldham 19/27 -3

13) Peterborough 19/27 -4

14) Notts County 18/26

15) Swindon 20/26

16) Plymouth 21/26

17) WEDNESDAY 19/24

18) Leyton Orient 18/24

19) Tranmere 19/24

20) Carlisle 18/23

21) Yeovil 19/22

22) Dagenham & Redbridge 20/20

23) Bristol Rovers 19/19

24) Walsall 20/13

roger me. That's shybo.

League One table since we beat Hartlepool to go top on 28th August (played / points) :

1) Brighton 19/39

2) Southampton 21/37

3) Huddersfield 21/35

4) Bournemouth 20/32

5) Brentford 20/31

6) MK Dons 21/30

7) Exeter 21/29

8) Charlton 19/28

9) Colchester 18/28

10) Rochdale 19/27

11) Hartlepool 18/27 -1

12) Oldham 19/27 -3

13) Peterborough 19/27 -4

14) Notts County 18/26

15) Swindon 20/26

16) Plymouth 21/26

17) WEDNESDAY 19/24

18) Leyton Orient 18/24

19) Tranmere 19/24

20) Carlisle 18/23

21) Yeovil 19/22

22) Dagenham & Redbridge 20/20

23) Bristol Rovers 19/19

24) Walsall 20/13

This tells the story of why Irvine should go better than any argument you'll find.

Cutting out the obvious issues that people have with AI's style of football and the lack of entertainment over the season, he's not producing the results.

It's a shocking to see almost 2/3rds of the teams in this division out perform us over this period.

With yesterday's result I think any realistic chance of automatic promotion has disappeared. The top 3 are all playing too well for us to be able to overtake two of them. We're about 9 points behind where we should be at this stage if we are to challenge for automatic. That's a big amount to make up over the second half of the season.

I think we'll struggle to make the playoffs to be honest - I can see us missing out by 3 or 4 points. If we did get there, I'd have little confidence in us winning them unless we can seriously tighten up our defence.

More new signings and/or a change of Manager may make a difference, but with things as they are I can see us finishing around 8th.

I actually don't think new players will make that much difference.

The players we have had since the start are good enough to win this league - we saw that when without even playing well we were top of the league.

As the season has gone on, we have actually got worse. The new players coming in might help us go on a mini run and get a few extra wins, but then I'm confident with Irvine in charge he will ensure a swift return to our normal form soon enough, and we will finish comfortably in mid-table.

Nothing short of a complete disaster, and a complete and utter waste of resources spent on good players this season.

Yeah you're right. Milan is just being frivolous. More money than sense some people.

We will most likely be tenth goin into the orient match and a win probably wont put is in the top six,

I think we are in serious trouble now, how on earth we still have this manager is insane,

When did we last win away? If we lose on saturday comin sixth will take an amazing run,

Its frustratin how many of our fans think things will be ok,

I am coming to terms with the fact we will be in this league at least until 2012,

Yeah you're right. Milan is just being frivolous. More money than sense some people.

We'll see won't we.

If we fail to go up this season there is surely no doubt we have wasted resources? Or is a wage budget right at the top of the division that sees a mid-table return good investment?

We'll see won't we.

If we fail to go up this season there is surely no doubt we have wasted resources? Or is a wage budget right at the top of the division that sees a mid-table return good investment?

Aye, shouldn't have bothered playing the season out. Just put up a Wage Budget League table and save us all the bother. :biggrin:

It's not that simple is it. In the Summer NP said we'll have a £5m budget, which would be the 2nd highest in the division. (how the feck did he know what other teams would be paying out by the time the season started?) Who knows if that happened, as after he said that the poo poo hit the fan financially. AI's plans were cut short and Grant left. I reckon with the new signings so far we're probably now around the £5m we thought we were going to start the season with or maybe a bit higher. Based on Grant & Tudgay leaving.

But if around half of £5m is being paid to players not performing/not good enough, then that budget is irrelevant to a certain extent anyway.

I don't think not going up this season would prove a waste of resources either. Milan has clearly given Irvine the brief of signing players for future as well as the short term. We're investing in the team for years to come, not just trying to buy promotion.