Attacking your own players?

Didn't someone run on the pitch around 8 or 9 seasons ago when we played Burnley on opening day and start on their keeper? Seem to remember it was in front of the Kop.

Wasn't he after the ref? Seem to remember Ref having a stinker, he disalowed our goal after about 2 mins, then gave Burnley a soft penalty, Stringer made a brilliant save, then made him take it again. First game on ITV digital that, dunno why thats so vividly locked in my brain, I need treatment for the last 10 years :mellow:

Guest Distraught!

Last night the yob’s father said his son, who is thought to live in Stevenage, Herts, was “distraught”.

No it wasn't! I swear! I have an alibi.

I went mildly psychotic with Darren Potter against Palace last season.

All the seasons frustration came out in that single moment.

Guy sat next to me moved after I stopped my tirade. :blush:

I gave Potter similar abuse against 'Uddersfield at home, especially after the 3 or 4 corner attempts was it?

I was too distraught / ready to get smashed out of my face after Crystal Palace game to care that much.

I'd love to tw@t Paul Alcock for the di Canio incident , it was funny as f*ck at the time but looking back di Canio would have definately gained legendary status with us (41 apps 23 goals) speaks for its self ,plus we lost a lot of dosh in the process bought for 4.summat mill sold for 1.7 grrrr UTO FTB WTID ooh and our own player would be FJ9 for robbing a living off us ,we'd been after him since he was in nappies and got him when he was SH!T grrrr UTO FTB WTID

I once called Alan Quinn a edit.

This is for another section, but I once called Vinnie Jones a bishop basher whilst driving past him on Heeley Bank Road. He turned round and gave me 2 fingers and shouted **** Off! It was pre 'lock stock/ ****** days', but I reckon he was developing the character.

Darren Potter for giving away a STUPID handball just outside the area last season that was subsequently scored from. Can't remember who it was against though.

Francis Jeffers and Leon Clarke just cos they were BOTH utter wastes of breath in a Wednesday shirt. No effort. I'd have played with more passion than them two put together for no money.

Brian Barry Murphy and Jon beswetherick.

Thats harsh IMO, i'd be angry with a player for not putting any effort in, or for behaving like a thrower, but to smack someone for just not being good enough is a bit rough.

I'd have smacked the board at the time for getting us into such a state that these were the calibre of player we were signing.

I think there is a higher chance of something like this happening at smaller clubs in smaller towns where the players "mix with the community" more widely.

For example, a mate of mine is from Hartlepool and in 2005 a lot of Pools players especially the likes of Adam Boyd and Dimi Konstantopolous would be out on the town a hell of a lot. It seems like the kind of place where everyone knows each other and everyone knows what the next man is getting up to.

A few days prior to our defeat at Victoria Park (Boyd got 3 I think?) he had been chased across a building site by a gang of local lads after being caught around a lasses house (obviously not his) with his kecks down. He had to escape from them and hide missing half of his gear.

There was quite a lot of ill feeling from these thugs towards him during that game and my mate remembers a small group of lads screaming abuse and threatening him from the stands as he did a little jig to celebrate his hattrick.

Very strange place Hartlepool, maybe Stevenage is similar?

Remember visiting Napoleans a couple of years ago when noone in particular walked right by. Here was a man who was calling fans 'scum and cretins' while bleeding the club through high interest loans. My heart screamed 'tvvat him' while my head said 'ignore the little turd'. They say 'no regrets' but sometimes..........

Absurd to physically attack a player but when Potter hit the first man from 3 successive corners I felt like hitting him. Instead I stood up and ranted and raved something about "3 flipping times" over and over again. Sat down to silent stares of amazement form people round me.

Stevenage star 'was decked by ex-lover's boyfriend'

Email

Print

Tue Jan 11 11:34AM

The Stevenage player who was decked by a pitch invader at the end of his side's shock FA Cup victory was punched by the boyfriend of a former lover, a report has claimed.

Scott Laird (pictured) was celebrating on the pitch with team-mates and fans following the League Two side's historic 3-1 victory over Newcastle on Saturday when a fan ran over to him and laid him out with a single punch.

And Tuesday's Sun reports that Laird was smashed in the face by 24-year-old Rob Fitzgerald, current boyfriend of stunning blonde Jade Coles. She claims that Fitzgerald thought he was "protecting her honour".

Police have confirmed that a 24-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident after handing himself in on Monday.

"I haven't been in a relationship with Scott now for two or three years but Rob knows about it," Coles explained to The Sun.

"Scott was a player and I don't mean on the pitch. He was a bit of a ladies' man.

"Rob was at the game celebrating the victory on the pitch. He saw Scott celebrating and just lost his temper.

"He'd been drinking and that's why it happened. He was being protective. It was a moment of madness."

Laird had shrugged the punch off at the time, saying, "it was a fantastic day for everyone at Stevenage and I don't want to let the incident take the gloss away".

Guest Distraught!

Remember visiting Napoleans a couple of years ago when noone in particular walked right by. Here was a man who was calling fans 'scum and cretins' while bleeding the club through high interest loans. My heart screamed 'tvvat him' while my head said 'ignore the little turd'. They say 'no regrets' but sometimes..........

Have you ever thought the reason why noone in particular was able to bleed the club with his high interest loans is because people like you that go into his establishments and give his businesses money!

Without this money from the punters, he couldn't have ever become Chairman of SWFC! :ohmy: