Attacking your own players?

Really confused after finding out that the fan who laid out the Stevenage player was a Stevenage fan. This is following a 3-1 win against Newcastle on Saturday.

Just wondering if they has been any time you have felt like laying out a Wednesday player in the past?

Beevers own goal against watford was it??

Clarke breaking is toe or foot against palace last match of last season??

Jeffers in general??

Guest robbiekeane

he laid him out to the get the shirt he had in his had then ran away waving it, not really the smartest thing to do wen it was on espn (i think).

i would say jeffers or maby the board for finding the money to sign him :biggrin:

Bit strange though, twating your own player after just beating a premier league team in the cup. It's not as if the player had just had a stinker and lost the game for the team, even then you can not condone what happened. Yes we all get frustrated with player's, we have had our fill of that, but to go on the pitch and assault one is a bit extreme. I just wonder if there is an underlying issue there to have caused it. Maybe the fella had just found out the player was banging his mrs or something. Be interesting to find out the motiv.

Guest robbiekeane

well iv heard the lad asked him for the shirt and he tld him to flip off so he jus hit him and took the shirt. he will get done for assault though not like nobody saw it

Morrison when we played Oldham this season and he wouldn't stop bloody moaning,

Nigel worthington when he leaned against tge post and whistfully watched the ball sail past his head as we lost tge lead at old trafford,

Dicanio when he pushed the ref,

JJ for kicking that bottle into crowd after getting subbed against pigs few seasons back and that Wednesday fan that chased a Palace player to the tunnel at the end of last season and bottled punching him. Not because he bottled it just because trying to hit a player is rumbleing pathetic!

Really confused after finding out that the fan who laid out the Stevenage player was a Stevenage fan. This is following a 3-1 win against Newcastle on Saturday.

Just wondering if they has been any time you have felt like laying out a Wednesday player in the past?

Beevers own goal against watford was it??

Clarke breaking is toe or foot against palace last match of last season??

Jeffers in general??

I think the player was rogering the thugs missus :rolleyes:

I went mildly psychotic with Darren Potter against Palace last season.

All the seasons frustration came out in that single moment.

Guy sat next to me moved after I stopped my tirade. :blush:

I did the very same thing with Potter away at Barnsley last year.

I was near the front row and he was in earshot whilst defending a corner.

Some guy told me to shut the **** up and to be fair, he was right, i was being an absolute tool,

Potter then went on to clear a ball off the line and help us to a 2-1 win, cheers Darren!

Certainly never wanted to physically attack a player though, few refs and maybe craig fagan, but never anyone in blue and white.

The read up in the Daily Star was the best at publishing the story.

Daily Star

He claimed: “He was in tears on Saturday night. He’s already spoken to a solicitor and will hand himself in on Monday.

“It’s so out of character as he has never been in trouble before and is not a thug. He just goes to work like any normal person.

“He just can’t explain why he did it, other than that he’d had a few drinks.”