Poyet, Howe for managers on the up. A motivator - I'd give Jewell another go (proven at this level and above). Or someone who would get bums on seats - I would ask both Keegan and Jamie Redknapp (young, good contacts and knows his stuff) if they'd be interested.

There's 5 names of the top of my hrad who I think would be a million times better than the current clown we have.

Poyet, Howe for managers on the up. A motivator - I'd give Jewell another go (proven at this level and above). Or someone who would get bums on seats - I would ask both Keegan and Jamie Redknapp (young, good contacts and knows his stuff) if they'd be interested.

There's 5 names of the top of my hrad who I think would be a million times better than the current clown we have.

EG8Pc.gif

Jamie Redknapp.

Good grief.

Jewell however is a manager who I don't quite understand why hasn't got another job. Did a great job at Wigan and Bradford.

Jamie Redknapp is a bit of a wild card I admit. But it's that kind of outside the box thinking that served Sunderland well when they appointed Keane. I agree about Jewell - thought he didn't get a fair crack with either us or Derby (in the end), both under different circumstances.

Redknapp is a poo pundit. Why do you think he'd make a good manager?!

Jewell, however, is an interesting suggestion and one I haven't seen on here before.

I'd still like to give Gianfranco Zola another chance in management. Looking at West Ham this season, it seems the job he did there was actually a decent one, and he;s the sort of name who'll inspire players at this level. Just like Poyet is doing at Brighton, and Di Matteo has done at MK Dons and WBA.

For the first time in a long time, I have faith in the Chairman to bring the right man.

I have no doubt he's been planning for this day since he took over, and has already evaluated our options.

Exciting times ahead, and HMS wee wee the League will be making a short stop at port this week to drop the Captain off, and welcome the new one aboard.

Then it's full steam ahead.

Guest starrydave

MM has a reputation for giving young managers a chance.

I've got a feeling that our next manager will be Alan Shearer. I wouldnt welcome that, but I just think he will be.