Paolo Di Canio.

Someone else mentioned Zola on the other thread.

Let's do summat a bit mad because I am sick of this turgid, snail-paced tripe.

Paulo would be a complete and utter gamble

....but how awesome would it be to see him on the touchline screaming his head off :st2:

and you could guarentee the players would give 100%

Guest totemowl

Jamie Redknapp is a bit of a wild card I admit. But it's that kind of outside the box thinking that served Sunderland well when they appointed Keane. I agree about Jewell - thought he didn't get a fair crack with either us or Derby (in the end), both under different circumstances.

Don't need that sort of out of the box thinking. Spending £70M over 3 years - and only just escaping relegation - would return us to the nightmare scenario.

Redknapp is a poo pundit. Why do you think he'd make a good manager?!

Jewell, however, is an interesting suggestion and one I haven't seen on here before.

I'd still like to give Gianfranco Zola another chance in management. Looking at West Ham this season, it seems the job he did there was actually a decent one, and he;s the sort of name who'll inspire players at this level. Just like Poyet is doing at Brighton, and Di Matteo has done at MK Dons and WBA.

Personally don't think he's that bad at all, much more articulate than someone like Shearer and has a rather good manager for a father/mentor. I wouldn't say Jewell is a particularly good pundit, but his record says he's a good manager.