Returning from Exeter - Travel News

Stupid f*****g woman police officer said Nottingham. Meant Northampton.

We are headed for Northampton first to get on M1 and go north from there.

I've been telling idiot f*****g coach driver that M5 is closed at J6 for last 2 hours. Why we didn't go 'cross country' earlier I will never know.

Very grumpy here

Stupid f*****g woman police officer said Nottingham. Meant Northampton.

We are headed for Northampton first to get on M1 and go north from there.

I've been telling idiot f*****g coach driver that M5 is closed at J6 for last 2 hours. Why we didn't go 'cross country' earlier I will never know.

Very grumpy here

Latest info for Northampton.

SevereShow On Map Traffic Incident

Traffic IncidentA43

A43 Northampton, both ways between M1 J15A and Abbey Road

A43 Northamptonshire - A43 closed in both directions between Towcester in Northampton and the Abbey Road junction in Syresham, because of a jackknifed lorry.

Updated 31 minutes agoShow On Map

Traffic IncidentA508

A508 Northampton, southbound between M1 J15 and Bailey Brooks Lane

A508 Northamptonshire - A508 closed and hazardous driving conditions southbound between Northampton and the Bailey Brooks Lane junction, because of snow.

Updated 6 minutes agoHelp

Traffic IncidentA5

A5 Old Stratford, northbound between A422 and A43

A5 Northamptonshire - Hazardous driving conditions on A5 northbound between the A422 junction in Old Stratford and the A43 junction in Towcester, because of a broken down vehicles, and several accidents and snow.

Updated 58 minutes agoShow On Map

Traffic IncidentA43

A43 Brackley Road Silverstone, both ways between High Street and M40 J10 Brackley

A43 Northamptonshire - Hazardous driving conditions, the carriageway is just passable and long delays on A43 Brackley Road between Silverstone and Brackley in Baynard's Green.

Updated 58 minutes agoShow On Map

Traffic IncidentA422

A422 Deanshanger, both ways at Buckingham Road

A422 Northamptonshire - Hazardous driving conditions on A422 in Deanshanger at the Buckingham Road junction, because of snow and ice.

Guest Deleted member

Can we keep the rentboy abuse out of here and leave it to travel whinges?

Apart from everything else its bloody freezing on the bus, the driver seems totally oblivious to the fact we've all been on here 3.5 hours without a stop, no one has eaten since we stopped on way down at 12, and I'm surrounded by idiots who still think its hilarious to fart at 5 minute intervals...

Has anyone seen that film 'Falling Down'??

I'd be tempted to find a travelodge. Book in, get some nice winter food, i.e. a steak, beef and ale pie, stew. A few glasses of real ale or a wine. Go back to a nice, warm room. Switch the telly and wait for this babe to come on.

155qef5.jpg

Heaven.

Apart from everything else its bloody freezing on the bus, the driver seems totally oblivious to the fact we've all been on here 3.5 hours without a stop, no one has eaten since we stopped on way down at 12, and I'm surrounded by idiots who still think its hilarious to fart at 5 minute intervals...

I have. I love Rabbits and when one died near the end of the film I remember being heart broken, particulary when Art Garfunkell starts to sing.

Can't think why you mentioned it in your post?

Sounds like you need the film Das Boot! Time will fly by watching that!

Grandad, I was going to suggest the same as Grant. The A46 will lead you up to the M69 although it's practically all single carrigeway. Good luck mate.

Our train is running late and I'm going to miss the last train from Derby to Nottingham so a disgruntled wife will be heading over to get me at Derby.

Guest Deleted member

Just told driver to head for Coventry, 39 miles from here. M69 to Leicester and home...

Rather than the 70 mile from here to Northampton, and then the 2 hours to home

We will see what he chooses

(SatNav on Blackberry is ace for whinging at coach drivers)

I'm just relieved that I didn't go today. It's a game that I'd earmarked all season, new ground and that, was going to get a ticket last week but having checked all the weather forecasts which indicated snow and below freezing temperatures I didn't bother, as I fully expected the game to be called off. The current hazardous conditions prove that it should have been postponed yesterday, whether the pitch was playable or not.

Thinking of all you lads and lasses slowly making your way home, hope you all get back safe and sound.

I wonder if the players are struggling in the same conditions? I doubt it, they're probably booked into a nice comfy hotel for the night.

Just told driver to head for Coventry, 39 miles from here. M69 to Leicester and home...

Rather than the 70 mile from here to Northampton, and then the 2 hours to home

We will see what he chooses

(SatNav on Blackberry is ace for whinging at coach drivers)

Would be better if J16 of M1 is stopped as Northampton is j15/15a so you would run right into this one.

Guest Deleted member

We are sat on an A road near the village of Studley. 9 miles from M42.

If there's one thing that a supporters group like Wednesdayite should be doing from Monday, its getting together with Supporters Direct and campaigning the f*****g FA to start and treat supporters with some f*****g decency.

Regardless of poxy shitty clubs like Exeter getting games on by covering pitches to make sure they get maximum monies from fans like ours instead of a night rearrangement.

This is a bloody disgrace. And yes - whoever argued against it earlier - peoples lives have been put needlessly at risk today travelling on ridiculous roads to get to a pretty insignificant event.

Absolutely stupid

We are sat on an A road near the village of Studley. 9 miles from M42.

If there's one thing that a supporters group like Wednesdayite should be doing from Monday, its getting together with Supporters Direct and campaigning the f*****g FA to start and treat supporters with some f*****g decency.

Regardless of poxy shitty clubs like Exeter getting games on by covering pitches to make sure they get maximum monies from fans like ours instead of a night rearrangement.

This is a bloody disgrace. And yes - whoever argued against it earlier - peoples lives have been put needlessly at risk today travelling on ridiculous roads to get to a pretty insignificant event.

Absolutely stupid

It was also stupid to go.

Guest e.c.f.c

Safe journey home to all well done for making that long trip today clap clap

all the best for the rest of the season

and see you on the last game

city till i die