Returning from Exeter - Travel News

Safe journey home to all well done for making that long trip today clap clap

all the best for the rest of the season

and see you on the last game

city till i die

The Wednesdayite coach is now safely on the M42 about 20 mins away from Tamworth, should be ok now motorways are clear.

Guest Bellsview

We are sat on an A road near the village of Studley. 9 miles from M42.

If there's one thing that a supporters group like Wednesdayite should be doing from Monday, its getting together with Supporters Direct and campaigning the f*****g FA to start and treat supporters with some f*****g decency.

Regardless of poxy shitty clubs like Exeter getting games on by covering pitches to make sure they get maximum monies from fans like ours instead of a night rearrangement.

This is a bloody disgrace. And yes - whoever argued against it earlier - peoples lives have been put needlessly at risk today travelling on ridiculous roads to get to a pretty insignificant event.

Absolutely stupid

Couldn't agree more.

It's ok posters like M Royds saying "it was also stupid to go" but if you're a supporter who hasn't missed a game for years and is loyal to the cause that isn't an option you choose so easily. 2 or 3 seasons back I'd have been there today as well, even though I would have been fully aware of the possible consequences.

Having a go at any supporter for choosing to go to the game is totally out of order IMO.

The decision should have been taken out of supporters hands, simple as that. Only one game was played in division 1 today, yet some muppet(s) thought it was a good idea to allow SWFC supporters to drive the 200 miles to Exeter. I bet those who made that decision aren't stuck in freezing conditions miles away from home - it was a stupid decision to play the game and somebody needs a good kick up the arse for allowing it to go ahead.

My thoughts go out to those who still haven't got home and I pray you all get home safely.

Guest Deleted member

To be fair to M Royds - it WAS stupid to go.

But havin paid £55 for a ticket inc food at the ground, £25 for W'ite bus and none being refundable as the game was deemed playable - there wasn't much of a choice.

I can't afford to throw that kind of cash away.

Just wondered, havin never been on the wednesdayite coach, does it have more than one driver? Just asking because I thought they were only allowed to drive for so long before reaching their daily driving limit.

There are two drivers on it today, as is normal on such a long distance

Guest DartmoorECFC

If anyone official from Exeter City FC is reading this thread its the reason why the match shouldnt have gone ahead! The result isnt important but the welfare of our fans is!

Where the heck do you think we have to travel to ? No-one at Exeter made you come ! Unless we are playing Green Slime City (40 miles) we don't start getting anywhere until we get to Bristol (80 miles) but do we whinge ? Nope and we 've had our fair amount of crap journeys. Big clubs. Huh !

There are two drivers on it today, as is normal on such a long distance

that's good to know. Just asking because I one went to watch Wednesday at Oxford and we had a nightmare journey back and then to top it off the driver ran out of hours and we were stuck 3 hours on M1 waiting for another driver.

Thank goodness they now see sense.

Also I think a massive thanks should go out to all coach drivers today, who may or may not be Wednesday fans, but have risked their lives taking fans to match.

Guest Bellsview

Where the heck do you think we have to travel to ? No-one at Exeter made you come ! Unless we are playing Green Slime City (40 miles) we don't start getting anywhere until we get to Bristol (80 miles) but do we whinge ? Nope and we 've had our fair amount of crap journeys. Big clubs. Huh !

Why should you whinge you dopey tvvat - most games are called off in division poo poo when the weather gets bad. Plus you only take 5 supporters away anyway.

tugger!

That +1 for your post was me clicking on the wrong icon - it should have been minus 1 you wee wee tail.

Edited by Bellsview

I am back - Left at 06.30 this morning have driven 550 miles and came off at Junction 6 on M5 home via Kidderminster, Dudley, Walsall and then A38. The journey through Kidderminster was awful the roads were terrible and I even produced a very slick 180 degree spin on a roundabout.

The worst away trip i have ever been on but nothing was as bad as the performance.

Hope everyone else gets back safe and sound.

Oh and that way end is a joke - The one at Southport was better.

Edited by s10Owl

Guest wadsgod

Will you be coming to Sheffield at the end of the season for our promotion party? You flipping thrower!!!

Safe journey home to all you OWLS out there WTID

Couldn't agree more.

It's ok posters like M Royds saying "it was also stupid to go" but if you're a supporter who hasn't missed a game for years and is loyal to the cause that isn't an option you choose so easily. 2 or 3 seasons back I'd have been there today as well, even though I would have been fully aware of the possible consequences.

Having a go at any supporter for choosing to go to the game is totally out of order IMO.

The decision should have been taken out of supporters hands, simple as that. Only one game was played in division 1 today, yet some muppet(s) thought it was a good idea to allow SWFC supporters to drive the 200 miles to Exeter. I bet those who made that decision aren't stuck in freezing conditions miles away from home - it was a stupid decision to play the game and somebody needs a good kick up the arse for allowing it to go ahead.

My thoughts go out to those who still haven't got home and I pray you all get home safely.

Credit where credits due for going. No doubting his loyalties and apologies to all Wednesdayites that made a great effort and demonstrated to the TV audience what great fans we have.

My cyber relationship with Grandad is built on confrontation, insults and mutual impudence. Hence my 'Stupid' comment.

I admire him as a big Wednesday but still think he's tvvat.