Anyone had money on us to win league - Looking good

We really should go up now.

No excuses any more.

Time for Irvine to step up the plate.

He's in a great position, the best that a Wednesday manager has been in for donkeys.

Milan will give him a chance (he always backs his managers), so its time for Irvine to prove his critics (me and many on here) wrong.

I hope he does.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there to be honest.

Alan Irvine (correct me if I'm wrong) could well be the first manager we've had down here that has any real money to spend since Danny Wilson a decade ago!! He's certainly the first manager to not be held back by the debt that's crippled the club since our relegation from the Premier League.

Also it'll be nice to see how the players perform now the off the field excuses for our poor performances are gone.

With the players we have in the squad and the promise of money to spend in January, we really should go up in the top two.

I was so confident at the start of the season with our squad I opened a Bet365 account and put on £100 at 8's and then qualified for my free bet equalling my initial bet, so another £100 straight on, however the odds had dropped to 7's! So effectively £100 at 15's

Still too early to call but it is looking good now the takeovers complete and the stooges are gone :biggrin:

had a total of £600.00 e/w on between 10/1 and 7/1 @ 1/4 odds 1,2,3

Probably the most remarkable piece of value ive ever had on football, given that we were at slightly bigger odds than at the start of the season despite having being taken over and in the top four.

I rate us about a 5/2 chance to win the league so anything I am given above 5's each way 1/4 odds will keep getting taken after a match by match basis.

I had a couple. I had a treble of Chelsea, Middlesborough and Wednesday to win their leagues, combined odds of 131/1... that betting slip's already gone in the bin thanks to Boro!!

I had the same but with Bradford to win league 2 as well. rolleyes.gif

I also had Wednesday twice at 7/1 at the start of the season, and at 16/1 iirc just before our court date.

Feeling optimistic at the moment, but know how soon it could all change. I'm hoping a Prem' league club come in for Poyet.

Guest johnowls

Had a tenner at 7's a week before we signed Mellor but they (William hill) would only give me a price as going up as champions not just promotion.

not sure if many other peoples bookies were same

Got a few cheeky bets on.

£50 To win league @ 7s

£1 on:

Chelsea @ 6/4

SWFC @ 11/2

Boro @ 6/1

£2.50 on:

Chelsea @ 6/4

QPR @ 12/1

Saints @ 2/1

£2.50 on:

Man U @ 5/2

Bristol City @ 16/1 :blink:

Huddersfield @ 7/1

May still see a little return on each...

i've got 50 at 7/1

10 at 9/1

10 on man city win prem, owls win league 1 and leicester to get promotion by any means pays 9200!!!

gonna pop another 20 on owls now

very confident i must say!!

BET 365 are now giving 13/8,

Not even worth a punt at those prices (unless you have a spare couple of hundred kicking about at Christmas)

Still, had a cheeky £20 to be safe though.

Oh well a few pints in the pub on promotion day, and a few more pints as the pigs drop like a rock, then the rightful order of football will be in place