Frank Simek Article

A very interesting read.

It was such a shame what happened with Frank Simek because he was looking like he had the potential to be a Premiership player, and a very good one at that.

Although I disagreed with the decision to release him I can understand the decision as he had been injured for quite a while.

No hard feelings towards Simek though. He signed a contract when Whelan and Brunt wouldn't and always gave 100%. I hope he has every success in his career.

Guest Sheridans PIng

Interesting article here on Frank. Some insightful stuff into the professional game and the personalities within. Frankie comes across as a very determined bloke

Times and Star Frank Simek article

The fact that he was forced to play 2 games in 3 days on his comeback effectively ended his time at Wednesday. Disgraceful decision to make him play on a Saturday then a Monday after over a year out injured, especially at the coldest time of the year. No wonder his hamstring went.

If he had been eased back, such as the Saturday match followed by a light training week, before a match the next Saturday, he may have made it. I'll bet he partially blames Laws or the staff for his injury nightmare.

So unfortunate to see him in league 1, but it's good that he's back on form and he surely isn't going to be here for long if he keeps it up. He's got the quality and the cream always rises.

I wish that we could have kept him but it was the right decision to release him when we did purely from a financial and team building point of view...at the time.

The one released player I wish we'd kept.

absolutely. i was devastated (well not quite) when he wasn't retained.. top player who still had the goods if you ask me and could have made more of an impact this term .. allowing us to utilise Buxton more in the middle. Proper gutted he went.

I think we were right to let him go when we did - as others have said, he never seemed the same again after his injury. Obviously I hope he continues to improve and do well (just not at our expense) and I'm sure Alan Sugar would give him a job if the football doesn't work out!

Old players coming back? Chris Brunt would top my list.

Guest SecondWind

Ok he was a decent player but some of u are suggesting premiership quality? I think not, lacked serious pace has the heart of a lion but come against a decent winger ( I remember scot Sinclair tearing him a new one against QPR) and he just falls short, championship player at his ultimate peak.