Sick of hearing about how good oposition is

Guest intercity0wl

Completely agree with what everyone has said.

It's getting boring now, seriously.

'Bigging up' the opposition every game. Yes have respect for the opposition, yes plan and prepare for the match.

BUT, he should be focusing on OUR threats, our players strengths.

No team in this division could live with a midfield of Tudgay, Coke, Miller, Teale and a front two of Mellor and Morrison.

As mentioned numerous times, we need to lose the shackles and play to win rather than playing not to lose.

Bang on, Sturrock fell into the same thing telling us we needed to nip and scratch to get a result.

I'm sure when Sean McAuley came in he just told the players to go and enjoy their football and do what they do best not to worry about the opposition.

Really weeing me off if Sedgwick plays tomorrow AI wants shooting.

That midfield is bigger, stronger, quicker, full of ability and attacking threat....

Seems obvious doesn't it. Especially at home.

Irvine's really starting to wee wee me off,what's all this respect to the other team crap,we are at home ffs,when was the last time we started a game pumped up,getting straight into em,it's bad enough when we come out at the start,having to line up with the oppo and shake hands with em (whats that all about),respect my arse.

I know it's the same for all teams,but then Irvine takes it to a new level,i'd love to hear his motivational team talk before they go out,we should be ripping another arsehole in this league with the squad we've got,as soon as you know wednesday are a goal down,we just seem to accept it,no fight back,no passion.

The fact that admin looms ever closer,those 9 points we surrendered are going to be vital come the end of the season,so come on alan,BIG US!! UP FOR A CHANGE...UTO....FTB

Guest Deleted member

The first time I really noticed AI doing this was against Cardiff away last season. I read his reports on the morning of the game while on the coach on the way there.

If I could have only read them the night before - I genuinely wouldn't have bothered going. What is wrong with saying to journalists 'Talk to their Manager about them'.

He followed the game by talking famously about how we were just a few minutes away from a valuable point - when a point was actually every bit as valuable as a defeat such was the points gap between us and Palace.

I think its about time he sent someone else to these Press conferences...

I feel like I'm constantly moaning about him at the moment and I hate being negative - but I guess with such a negative manager (even his statements are negative never mind his team tactics) its inevitable...

Guest Briscoe Inferno

flip off Irvine. If we lose again tomorrow i'm gonna find you and kick you in the wee wee tail. :mad:

It' ll be there behind the ball......that is of course if he's grown a pair since Plymouth......

BTW Jimb - have you seen yours recently? lol

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Maybe he's just answering questions?

He obviously is.... but showing far too much respect..... and it's EVERY game.

To me you'd just acknowledge Southampton are expecting to be at the top end of the league... thats it.

Wouldn't give a full breakdown of their f'ucking squad.

Publically state you have confidence in your OWN players.

That report annoys the hell out of me. Everyone can see it, it's the same every bloody game, they will be up for it, they are strong, I expect them to be there or there abouts bla bla flippingbla. Grow a pair Irvine ffs.

He has put together a side that "on paper" is more than good enough to finnish in the top two. This is a very very poor league indeed, & I think he needs to be more positive in his approach. By all means have respect for our opponents but ffs at lease give the impression we are up for it rather than already having his post match interview pre prepared. "well I did say they would be up for it & that eventually they would start to fire"

it's like listening to Laws but the other way around with his famous "the pressure is all on them" quote before every bloody game.

Guest Deleted member

Nigel Adkins comments on Southampton website

Saturday brings a chance to end that goal scoring drought with a trip to Hillsborough for a match against Sheffield Wednesday, a side Adkins has a decent record against from his time at Sflaphorpe, where he lost just one of five encounters with the South Yorkshire outfit.

"This is a fresh football club, and I'm in charge of a fresh new team, and as I have said, you have to build your own ideas on how you want things done. We learnt a hell of a lot from our defeat to Wednesday last year, and then turned things round in a very positive manner.

"It will be a tough game. They are well organised and very professional under their set up. They will prevent us from trying to pass the ball out from the back, sometimes you have to adapt your game as you need to play in two different ways. The ball is king, if you have good possession of the football, you have more of an opportunity to score goals and win games of football. There are ways and means of getting the ball in the middle of the pitch, so then get on the ball and go and play. I want us to play out from the back, but Sheffield Wednesday will do their upmost to try and stop that from happening, so we have to do our upmost to try and prevent that.

"The demands that we are placing on everyone are that we want to win games of football. I want the players to get on the ball and pass it about, if we can't do that we put the ball into the right areas and make sure that we then get on the second ball and then pass it about, create chances and score goals. I want this football club to be the best in the division, I want to be champions, and I want to get promoted.

"It should be a big crowd," he concluded. "Sometimes, when a player moves to a big football club they have to play with the pressure within that arena, and some players find it difficult to do that. I want our players to flourish, I want them to be playing in these sort of arenas, I want them to get on the ball and be brave enough to pass it around, score goals and entertain our fans."

Only mention of us in BOLD

Don't know which is worse, our repetitive manager or the repetitive journo's/team selection/formation/tactics/substitutions.

Its like he's softening the blow, but before the blow happens, or, putting a crash mat in place to soften the landing, before we fall ?????

Sorry Alan, but just because you say so, aint good enough any more pal. Very worrying mentality and not even reverse psychology.

Thing is, we are now so predictable and repetitive, we're getting found out with better players this season against worse teams.

Southamptons league position is for a reason you numpty, grow a pair, make the changes, pull their pants down and send 'em back to shandy land with nowt other than a sore backside. Uninspiring at best :mad::mad::mad::mad:

WHAT EVEN MORE REPETITIVE THAN OUR FANS ! The guy has to comment, for us he can't give too much away on how he's going to set the team up. He can't possibly say this should be a pushover. He can't say we don't have a chance......Strikes me you lot are like rabbits in the headlights waiting to go through the same scenario each and every Friday ! Give it a rest and talk football if you have any thoughts to share.... Oh I know "my team for tomorrow", give it a rest, who's being repetitive ?

Guest Triplej2

WHAT EVEN MORE REPETITIVE THAN OUR FANS ! The guy has to comment, for us he can't give too much away on how he's going to set the team up. He can't possibly say this should be a pushover. He can't say we don't have a chance......Strikes me you lot are like rabbits in the headlights waiting to go through the same scenario each and every Friday ! Give it a rest and talk football if you have any thoughts to share.... Oh I know "my team for tomorrow", give it a rest, who's being repetitive ?

"give it a rest and talk football"? This is talking football. This is what fans talk about and in this case we are justified.

WHAAAAAAAAAT NO WAY.....

No mention of how Clinton Morrison has scored at every level including international?

no mentioned of Giles Coke, the player who won player of the month?

etc etc etc

Yeah ! All their manager has to do is throw a few copies of the star around the visitors dressing room and Irvine would have done Southamptons job. I sometimes wonder how many fans have ever seen the inside of a dressing room on match day !

Guest Manwithastick

It' ll be there behind the ball......that is of course if he's grown a pair since Plymouth......

BTW Jimb - have you seen yours recently? lol

Oooo, biatch :biggrin: Should've seen the bugger when i got elephantitis after surgery in 2008 :ph34r:

Guest gringo69

No not really Nev, my first post on this topic in this thread or any other, dont post 'my team for tomorrow' either.

Whats the point in 'talking football' when PRESENTLY AI seems unable to inspire anything positive on the pitch?

I've plenty of thoughts on it, he's the manager, pity he can't put his thoughts into action.

All us repetitive posters are wanting is something different and a win.