Sick of hearing about how good oposition is

Guest intercity0wl

Instead of talking about what the opposition can do, why the hell doesnt he talk about how good we are and what we can do. Any one would have thought we are playing a champions league opposition on saturday!

WE WANT OUR WEDNESDAY BACK! SACK THE BOARD!

Agree with your last sentence. However, had you bothered to read the full article the sub-head on page 43 read "IRVINE WANTS PLAYERS TO GO ONWARDS AND UPWARDS BY LEAVING WOE BEHIND THEM" He then spends time on going over what they have done midweek without over dwelling on the poo poo, he states positively that he has had goals from different components of the team (mid-field) but can't be over reliuant on that. He states that he wants a quick start at pace. He has options with selection and he has optiions with formation...The only thing he can't gaurantee is a win/performance.

You lot go on about Irvine concentrating on the opposition; When the Owls lifted the LC in 1991 Atkinson spent 4 days coaching the worlds best full back at the time and a USA international how to look after a nippy winger, Lee Sharpe, without which we may have been cruelly exposed and come home empty handed. Atkinson did n't ignore the task at hand and we know the results.

Friends and fans just one little addage to end with...TO FAIL TO PREPARE IS TO PREPARE TO FAIL ! Leave Irvine alone let him get on with job, don't worry like all managers he will get the sack sooner or later, I know it, you know it and what's more he knows it...The longer that fatefull day is put off the better off we will be as a team.

Agree with your last sentence. However, had you bothered to read the full article the sub-head on page 43 read "IRVINE WANTS PLAYERS TO GO ONWARDS AND UPWARDS BY LEAVING WOE BEHIND THEM" He then spends time on going over what they have done midweek without over dwelling on the poo poo, he states positively that he has had goals from different components of the team (mid-field) but can't be over reliuant on that. He states that he wants a quick start at pace. He has options with selection and he has optiions with formation...The only thing he can't gaurantee is a win/performance.

You lot go on about Irvine concentrating on the opposition; When the Owls lifted the LC in 1991 Atkinson spent 4 days coaching the worlds best full back at the time and a USA international how to look after a nippy winger, Lee Sharpe,

without which we may have been cruelly exposed and come home empty handed. Atkinson did n't ignore the task at hand and we know the results.

Friends and fans just one little addage to end with...TO FAIL TO PREPARE IS TO PREPARE TO FAIL ! Leave Irvine alone let him get on with job, don't worry like all managers he will get the sack sooner or later, I know it, you know it and what's more he knows it...The longer that

fatefull day is put off the better off we will be as a team.

Well said

Guest owls_4_life

Well I'm really not bothered about going tomorrow after what we've had to witness in terms of performances the last few weeks, and after reading that if I didn't have a ST I wouldn't be going.

Like everyone else has said, what on Earth is all this about having to respect the other team? We're at home, with the stongest (on paper) squad in the league and we've got the manager the day before commenting on the opposition's players and how 'good' they are. I don't care if we're playing bottom of the league or top, we should be going in to these games to win. Obviously whatever AI is saying to the lads isn't working because we lost to bottom of the league one week and then 2nd in the league the next.

What I do know is that with the atmosphere at Hillsborough recently with the off pitch chaos, our nervy defence and poor run of games, the players can only be bricking it for tomorrow and that's not a good thing at all.

This is the bit that annoyed me most:

But the Owls manager expects the striker and his team to hit form sooner or later and hopes their revival does not begin tomorrow.

Hopes they don't begin their rivival tomorrow? How about let's not let them begin it tomorrow? This just sounds like he's thinking, 'well if Southampton carry on playing poo poo then we've got a chance but if they decide to turn up tomorrow that's it we've not got a chance'.

:mad: :mad:

From the OS. Pretty much the same two paragraphs about them. A few positives about us. But they aren't mentioned in the Star article so who knows if that's down to AI...

Wednesday boss Alan Irvine is pleased by the squad's hard work in training this week in the build-up to a difficult test at home against Southampton.

Irvine has indicated he could make changes from the side that lost 3-2 at Plymouth last weekend but has options in all areas with only Jermaine Johnson on the injury list.

Speaking to Wednesday Player, Irvine said: "Everyone has trained well this week and, other than JJ, everyone is fit and available.

"There are always big decisions to make for every game. When we were winning games there were still big decisions to be made but obviously there are more decisions to be made when you've lost games.

"The players know that there is always someone wanting their place in the team so if you don't perform how you are expected to perform, then there is a risk of you being taken out of the team.

"It's easy to have a knee jerk reaction and say we are changing the whole team but that can give you problems. When we won games not everything was right and when we've lost the games, not everything has been wrong."

New Saints boss Nigel Adkins will be out for his first win in charge of the St Mary's side and Irvine hasn't been surprise by Nigel's decision to take charge of the south coast club.

He continued: "I think Nigel did a great job for Sflaphorpe but he probably felt the time was right to move. Although he's moved down a division, Southampton are a bigger club than Sflaphorpe and I mean no disrespect to Sflaphorpe because they are a terrific club.

"Southampton have a very good squad, not just for this league but also for the Championship so Nigel will know he's got a great chance of achieving promotion with Southampton."

The bit in bold worries me. Surely after 3 losses on the bounce making changes wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction!

Use the squad you bragged about in the summer FFS Alan!

Edited by NeonLeon

Guest owls_4_life

The bit in bold worries me. Surely after 3 losses on the bounce making changes wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction!

Used the squad you bragged about in the summer FFS Alan!

I agree, making lots of changes after the loss to Brentford would have been a knee jerk reaction but now surely other players must be knocking on the door. If Sedgwick starts tomorrow I'll be livid.

Guest Triplej2

From the OS. Pretty much the same two paragraphs about them. A few positives about us. But they aren't mentioned in the Star article so who knows if that's down to AI...

Use the squad you bragged about in the summer FFS Alan!

I'd like to know what part of our game wasn't "bad" in our 3 losses. i can't think of ANYTHING good, literally. They were 3 of the most abjectly terrible performances ever put in by a Wednesday side.

Just want to make sure, this long-ball style we've reverted back to of late, we were playing some decent passing football in the first few games weren't we? Or was my judgement clouded by the wins?

I think we know Sedgwick will start tomorrow, just because there's no logic at all to it. Praying Irvine sees sense however.

Well I'm really not bothered about going tomorrow after what we've had to witness in terms of performances the last few weeks, and after reading that if I didn't have a ST I wouldn't be going.

Like everyone else has said, what on Earth is all this about having to respect the other team? We're at home, with the stongest (on paper) squad in the league and we've got the manager the day before commenting on the opposition's players and how 'good' they are. I don't care if we're playing bottom of the league or top, we should be going in to these games to win. Obviously whatever AI is saying to the lads isn't working because we lost to bottom of the league one week and then 2nd in the league the next.

What I do know is that with the atmosphere at Hillsborough recently with the off pitch chaos, our nervy defence and poor run of games, the players can only be bricking it for tomorrow and that's not a good thing at all.

This is the bit that annoyed me most:

But the Owls manager expects the striker and his team to hit form sooner or later and hopes their revival does not begin tomorrow.

Hopes they don't begin their rivival tomorrow? How about let's not let them begin it tomorrow? This just sounds like he's thinking, 'well if Southampton carry on playing poo poo then we've got a chance but if they decide to turn up tomorrow that's it we've not got a chance'.

:mad: :mad:

Owl on egg timer more like.....So to summarise half hearted supporters deserve half hearted players, management and owners

F*cking hell what a bunch of drama queens. We haven't even played the game yet and he's already getting stick. Our fans sicken me sometimes. We're on a bad run, that happens during a season, but we're also 2 games away from being in the automatics again. Calm down everyone. It's what happens on the pitch tomorrow that counts.

flip me, who'd be a football manager.

Quite. It's unbelievable.

From the day the ink went on the contract I said it was an awful appointment and a huge step down from the previous manager Brian Laws. In fact I think I said at the time that Laws was like Sir Matt Busby in footballing terms when compared to Alan Irvine.

Laughable pish from you yet again mcmigo. I'm not surprised though.

It's pretty obvious AI his keeping his cards close to his chest. He doesn't wan to to give away how we are going to play. We like to diversify how we play. Any, thats any of the back four are able to bang it up front to Marcus's head, that Adkins will not know what to do.

Guest Triplej2

What don't you irvine apologists get about some of us being pissed off?

We've suffered so much from giving teams too much respect and the defensive negative football that creates.

People are pissed off because his words usually come to fruition, we DO look like we're scared of teams, we DO adopt a defensive "don't concede" attitude most of the time.

All managers complement other teams and managers but Irvine almost never praises us or describes us a dangerous team.

The bottom line is your average Wednesdayite is sick of fearful, reactive performances.

This was supposed to be HMS wee wee the league but suddenly we're looking like a 3rd division non entity. Irvine's tactics and balls are seriously under suspicsion and he's not helping himself.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Calm down everyone. It's what happens on the pitch tomorrow that counts.

Lets see at 5pm tomorrow....

The 750 hard core that go to every away game and most of us on here keep believing that [by some miracle[ the next result will be better and this is merely a blip......

After the third goal went in at Plymouth most of those 1200 souls ended up in discussion with each other about the apparent lack of midfield and this culminated in V's and the rods towards the players.

These 750 are those that have a right to criticise and the conclusion unfortunately Edinburgh is that the tactics are awful and unacceptable.