Player ratings and match thoughts

Guest East_Dene_Owl

Don't take anything away from Bury who played some lovely football.

Still could have been a more comfortable 3-0 win IF Spurr's free kick and Clinton's incredible miss had gone in.

We're in second which is the thing that matters most.

Guest christheowl

Otsemobor- won one header all night, left his man constantly and looked like he had been out the night before ! i hate to say it, but I missed Buxton !!!

Potter- Always defended the bloke, but he was p!ss poor tonight. Saw him offer support to the front 2 once !!! He brought palmer down with him.

The Bury Center Midfielders were outstanding, got forward and back when needed, was impressed with the lad with the bright yellow boots on !!!

ohhh and Weaver - man of the match, dont need to say owt else !

Guest Sheff Owl

Otsemobor- won one header all night, left his man constantly and looked like he had been out the night before ! i hate to say it, but I missed Buxton !!!

Potter- Always defended the bloke, but he was p!ss poor tonight. Saw him offer support to the front 2 once !!! He brought palmer down with him.

The Bury Center Midfielders were outstanding, got forward and back when needed, was impressed with the lad with the bright yellow boots on !!!

ohhh and Weaver - man of the match, dont need to say owt else !

Agree.

Ostemobor tonight was poor.

Potter was a waste of space again - not sure what Irvine see's in him.

The anti-Potter brigade is in full force here - he was far superior to Palmer tonight...

Weaver - 7.5 - excellent apart from tendency to parry back into the danger zone. 3 times tonight, lucky 3 times.

Spurr - 8.5 - very accomplished performance and used the ball well. MOM

Beevers 7.5 - decent

Purse - 6 - should have been punished 2 or 3 times in the first half. Outmanouevered by Bishop in the first, improved in the second.

Otsemobor - 4 I can forgive him poor distribution, however his ball-watching and TOTAL lack of awareness worries me.

Jones - 4 - looked nervous, never settled on the ball and was rightly replaced.

Palmer - 5 started well and faded badly, anxious in possession, poor shape and constantly gave the ball away. Will be a decent player but not ready on this performance.

Potter - 8 - had horrendous first 5 mins, but then retained the ball well, picked some decent forward balls and broke up a few attacks. Much better.

Teale - 8 excellent delivery, good shape, doesn't offer much support going backwards and I have questions about his attitude already - a couple of headshakes to AI

Mellor - 4 - terrible conditioning for a professional athlete - gives him problems with balance and agility. Switches off approximately every 9 seconds. embarassing tonight.

Heffernan - 6.5 - disappointed not to see more of him, linked the play well, movement was decent too.

Subs

coke 7 - gave us the energy we really needed, excellent goal too

Morrison - 6.5 clearly a class above, but needs to focus on doing his own job right before laying into his team-mates for giving the ball away (before promptly doing exactly the same) missed a sitter.

O'connor - gave us a bit more bite when replacing the inneffectual Palmer.

Ostemobor was woeful, especially in the second half. Kept drifting inside to centre half and when he was actually out with his winger he offered no resistence at all and allowed him to put in 2 or 3 balls they were unlucky not to score from.

I never thought I would miss Buxton playing at full back but this chap had an absolute stinker.

Guest Sheff Owl

I actually thought the Bury player (with the Yellow boot's) Andy Howarth i think looked decent, picked up the ball and was forever running with it.

Anybody who rated Potter better than Palmer is on acid.

Palmer has shown more guile, enthusiasm and attacking attitude in two months than Potter has in two years.

He may not be ready for a league start but if Potter and O'Connor carry on playing like diasbled Peruvian prostitutes then I can't see how we can go worse than picking Palmer.

I thought Spurr was much improved and played well.

Purse was very solid again but there's something not quite there with his partnership with Beevers, at times we sliced wide open.

Felt sorry for Jones a bit, he never got going, seemed a bit nervous to me.

Otsemobor looked like he was struggling with the wide pitch and his man was often left unmarked especially in the second half.

I though young Palmer was trying a bit too hard to impress and the game passed him by a little.

I wanted to give Potter a clean slate tonight and see if he had smartened hi ideas up, but he was very poor again, not showing for the ball and why he feels the need to smash passes at his own players even from 5 yards away is nothing short of bizarre, we will not progress with him at the centre of things.

And just to finish, to the rather strange looking chap sat behind me on row H , just behind their box, who shouted "Get off you're w@nk", when Palmer was brought off and then gormlessly chuckled to his dog ugly female companion, you sir are a cnut.

Edited by Saxondale

Guest Sheff Owl

flip ME!!!

Liam Palmer today played well today, it was his first game and how old is he 17/18? He can only improve and by the end of the season could be in the first team as a regular.

Now he has shown Potter up today without a shadow of a doubt on his debut, Potter is useless, he is scared to tackle, slows down the play and is no use to anyone.

Even the crowd tonight was getting annoyed with him.

Yeh no.11 with yellow boots...Andy howarth quality. Was it me or was bury a lot faster than us, better at passing just had bad luck on goal or we would have been taught a lesson.

Weaver....8 - pulled some good saves off, did nowt wrong

Spurr....7 - needs to take risks more down wings than passing back all time though.

Beevers....7 - did ok, maybe just too relaxed at times

Semy....5 - quick but dint look confident

Purse....9 - on the end off everything, better passing as well

Teale....5 - quite fast, needs to go for it more down wing, looks capable and can cross a ball

Potter....5 - better second half, can actually pass a ball forward or wide when he wants to

Palmer....5 - lot of pressure for him to perform, looks tidy, made odd stray pass

Jones....3 - disappointed me, looked all over place, got high expectations of him, great left foot but not tonite

Heffs....3 - hardly touched ball, no service

Mellor....3 - crap movement, no pace, looks well unfit, reminded me of something off skeggy beach...disappointing

Joc....5 - brought on to battle in midfield, that's it really, broke forward once and got ball in box and didn't have a clue wot to do

Morrison....6 - should have took wee wee, missed a sitter, too busy moaning and blaming everyone else, reckon he could upset dressing room

Coke....9 - got us out of sh*t, always wanting ball, wants to go forward, can pass and quality goal, great move. Will be great asset this season

The anti-Potter brigade is in full force here - he was far superior to Palmer tonight...

Weaver - 7.5 - excellent apart from tendency to parry back into the danger zone. 3 times tonight, lucky 3 times.

Spurr - 8.5 - very accomplished performance and used the ball well. MOM

Beevers 7.5 - decent

Purse - 6 - should have been punished 2 or 3 times in the first half. Outmanouevered by Bishop in the first, improved in the second.

Otsemobor - 4 I can forgive him poor distribution, however his ball-watching and TOTAL lack of awareness worries me.

Jones - 4 - looked nervous, never settled on the ball and was rightly replaced.

Palmer - 5 started well and faded badly, anxious in possession, poor shape and constantly gave the ball away. Will be a decent player but not ready on this performance.

Potter - 8 - had horrendous first 5 mins, but then retained the ball well, picked some decent forward balls and broke up a few attacks. Much better.

Teale - 8 excellent delivery, good shape, doesn't offer much support going backwards and I have questions about his attitude already - a couple of headshakes to AI

Mellor - 4 - terrible conditioning for a professional athlete - gives him problems with balance and agility. Switches off approximately every 9 seconds. embarassing tonight.

Heffernan - 6.5 - disappointed not to see more of him, linked the play well, movement was decent too.

Subs

coke 7 - gave us the energy we really needed, excellent goal too

Morrison - 6.5 clearly a class above, but needs to focus on doing his own job right before laying into his team-mates for giving the ball away (before promptly doing exactly the same) missed a sitter.

O'connor - gave us a bit more bite when replacing the inneffectual Palmer.

Jesus christ this man's on drugs

Potter was better than Palmer tonight. Except from the first 5

What about in the second half when he held onto the ball and a Bury defender strolled up behind him and poached the ball, turned and ran at goal only for Purse to bravely go in with a crunching tackle to redeem the whole sorry mess?

The man is a liability.

IMO, Buxton is quality compared to Otsemobor, he was shocking defensively, but maybe could be used a winger with his pace? I might be the only that thoight Potter made some good tackles and passes, generally improving as the game went on as well.

Weaver was class, as was Purse, with Spurr and Beevers gennerally looking decent.

Although, if Bury could finish, we would have lost that game about 4-1...

P.S Morrison missed an absolute sitter!!

Potter was better than Palmer tonight. Except from the first 5

Tell me, why do you think he feels the need to fire impossible to control passes at his team mates? And why do we never see him play a defence splitting pass?

And why does he go into tackles like a dithering pensioner?

Your defence of him is laughable mate!

Edited by Saxondale