Weaver signs

Guest intercity0wl

Guest Sheamus

Any shot against 2/3rd's the length of the goaline... It's a goal.

A tortoise on death's door has better reflexes than him.

Sure he came to us to get some fitness after a long term injury.

No reason to doubt you. Indeed you are right:

Weaver's return to fitness resulted in injury once again during the close season of 2005, ruling him out of the start of the season. In Autumn 2005 Weaver went on loan to Sheffield Wednesday, the team he had supported since childhood,[2] in an attempt to return to full fitness.

Source Wikipedia (make of that what you will).

Guest Aussie_Dave

the more players that will give everything they can cause they love the club the better off the team will be

Guest Wildman1867

How is it a slap in the face?

In that case why bother signing any players this summer - just use the youngsters so as not to slap them in the face?

AI has done what he HAD to do - sign an experienced keeper - it doesn't mean the other keepers won't get a chance - but they can be blooded at an advantageous time for them and the club - no pressure and if it doesn't go to well then we aren't relying on them weekly

To go into the season with 2 untested rookies for our keepers with no fallback position would have been insanely stupid

This season with an experienced, proven keeper in the team might just give the younger lads the breathing space and development time they need - to totally rely on them now could wreck the pair of them

My personal opinion is that they should have been given a month to prove themselves and then if neccessary get another keeper in. One of them is going to be very dissapointed come saturday when they are not even on the bench.

My personal opinion is that they should have been given a month to prove themselves and then if neccessary get another keeper in. One of them is going to be very dissapointed come saturday when they are not even on the bench.

I don't understand that thinking atall.

We need to have a good start and if we are flipping about with kids in the net then this might not happen.

Disappointed? Tough titty, the club needs to hit the ground running.

Edited by BIG D

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Facts :

Nicky Weaver has made over 300 appearances in his career

He holds Man City's clean sheet record in a season (26)

He kept 3 cleansheets in 14 for us last time out (conceded 18 in 14, in a side that went seven without a goal)

He has played more first team football in the last 12 months than Grant had when he joined

Irvine and the players have been impressed with him

He's trimmed down

He knows what it means for the the fans, he's stood on that Kop

FACT :

Lee Grant was a very very good goalkeeper for this football club, he has gone but lets not forget he did a sterling job and played 130+ games in a row

Welcome back home Nicky Weaver, good luck in your career Lee Grant

Guest dportelli

1. Experience.

2. Decent Ability.

3. Wednesday Fan.

Excellent signing on a free. Think it could work out very well.

Welcome back Nicky!

I was calling for the board to sign Weaver after his loan spell, but i knew we did'nt have the clout to offer a fee, or match his wages, so we went on and found a real gem in Grant!

He will go down as one of the best keepers to don the Owl on his chest, gone but not forgotten. Tomorrow is a new campaign with Nicky Weaver between the sticks. He will be donning the same Owl on his chest

So let's get behind him, he's a Wednesdayite like us remember

WEDNESDAY

Good signing.

I was in the year above Nicky at School, he had a fight with my brother in't top field!! (my brother's claim to fame!).

Good luck for the season Nicky.

UTO

*checks his spelling, wipes slightly sweaty palms and presses his first ever Owlstalk "Post" button.

Good signing.

I was in the year above Nicky at School, he had a fight with my brother in't top field!! (my brother's claim to fame!).

Good luck for the season Nicky.

UTO

*checks his spelling, wipes slightly sweaty palms and presses his first ever Owlstalk "Post" button.

Who won?