Weaver signs

Guest intercity0wl

Guest Sniper1

I thought 28 was the "prime" for a keeper.

I'm happy with this, will do a job in the league we are in.

Delighted with this, very solid replacement for Leroy.

Granty was quality but had a few faults he didn't really command his area, he was very quiet and he prefered to stay on his line for alot of crosses.

I see Weavers strongest points are his communication and commanding of his area.

Could have been a hell of alot worse.

Welcome Nicky.

WTID

Guest Wildman1867

Delighted with this, very solid replacement for Leroy.

Granty was quality but had a few faults he didn't really command his area, he was very quiet and he prefered to stay on his line for alot of crosses.

I see Weavers strongest points are his communication and commanding of his area.

Could have been a hell of alot worse.

Welcome Nicky.

WTID

What a total slap in the face for the two youngsters - here have a 2 year contract but what the hell we aint gonna give you a chance anyway so sit on the bench for another year - very encouraging

What a total slap in the face for the two youngsters - here have a 2 year contract but what the hell we aint gonna give you a chance anyway so sit on the bench for another year - very encouraging

We needed an experienced keeper in there, in any event the youngsters will get their chance given the usual injuries etc, and the increased competition for the spot will keep everyone on their toes.

It was undisclosed.

But believed to be £1.1m plus £350,000 if he makes 50(?) appearances and another £350,000 if he makes 150(?) or they return to the Premier League.

(I think this was the rumour we settled on)

If that is genuinely the case, then this really was an excellent piece of business for Wednesday.

How is it a slap in the face?

In that case why bother signing any players this summer - just use the youngsters so as not to slap them in the face?

AI has done what he HAD to do - sign an experienced keeper - it doesn't mean the other keepers won't get a chance - but they can be blooded at an advantageous time for them and the club - no pressure and if it doesn't go to well then we aren't relying on them weekly

To go into the season with 2 untested rookies for our keepers with no fallback position would have been insanely stupid

This season with an experienced, proven keeper in the team might just give the younger lads the breathing space and development time they need - to totally rely on them now could wreck the pair of them

How is it a slap in the face?

In that case why bother signing any players this summer - just use the youngsters so as not to slap them in the face?

AI has done what he HAD to do - sign an experienced keeper - it doesn't mean the other keepers won't get a chance - but they can be blooded at an advantageous time for them and the club - no pressure and if it doesn't go to well then we aren't relying on them weekly

To go into the season with 2 untested rookies for our keepers with no fallback position would have been insanely stupid

This season with an experienced, proven keeper in the team might just give the younger lads the breathing space and development time they need - to totally rely on them now could wreck the pair of them

Cant argue. We as fans would not be happy either.

Its one thing putting some kid in outfield but completely another between the sticks.

happy with the signing Scram?

Didn't realise it was like that. I just thought it was a straight one million.

Anyway, here are a couple of views from the Dundee fans.

Never trust an arab. Try some addicks instead.

Pleased with this signing, although its wishful thinking on some fans part to think he will improve on Lee Grant. Hope he will be forgiven the inevitable errors Grant rarely ever made as our most consistent player season in season out.

Guest Sniper1

Thats what happens, youngsters need to be eased in, they have had a lot of game time over pre-season and Alan (so do most Wednesdayites) think they need more time before they step up to regular first team football,

something neither have had before, wise choice in Nicky Weaver did very well in the SPL on all accounts.

We are ready now, i feel.

WTID

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Well i for one am really pleased...... All together now.. # "Ohhhhhhh ... HEeeeee's Yorkshires number on.. He's Yorkshires number one.. Hes Y o r k s h i r e ' s Number one."