worst memory of sheff wed

Losing at home to Derby County 2-0 in 1999.

Lee Morris scored twice.

We were absolutely fookin' awful and the signs were there as to where we were heading.

Chucking away a 3-1 lead at Derby in the last 2 minutes, too.

And the 8-0 at Newcastle that same season.

And chucking away another 3-1 lead, this time at Highbury against Arsenal, that I think mathematically finished us?

Guest Romish Owl

When we sacked Derek Dooley on Christmas Eve, felt ashamed that we could do that to a true Owls legend

Guest York Owl

Wed 22 Apr 1970 MANCHESTER CITY H 1-2 45,258

First season watching Wednesday and seeing them relegated after a inept display - It was hard to take at the time for a nine year old.

Forest at home 1990. Walking home believing we were safe, thanks to the numpty stadium announcer only to be informed by mother as i walked through the door that we had been relegated. Oh if only we had mobile phones in them days.

Guest Hirsty's Girl

When Hirsty left was the worst day of my life. Mum picked me up from school in the car cos she had heard it on the radio earlier that day, so i knew summat was up as i normally got the bus home. She sat me down in the car and told me and i cried all the way home, all weekend and I basically mourned the loss of him whilst I watched me old wednesday videos. I still have an interview taped from MOTD that he did before he left.

God i love that man! :happy:

When Hirsty left was the worst day of my life. Mum picked me up from school in the car cos she had heard it on the radio earlier that day, so i knew summat was up as i normally got the bus home. She sat me down in the car and told me and i cried all the way home, all weekend and I basically mourned the loss of him whilst I watched me old wednesday videos. I still have an interview taped from MOTD that he did before he left.

God i love that man! :happy:

You were a teacher at the time as well.

The Hillsborough Disaster..saw too many fookin' footballing disasters to pick any single one....maybe the 1970 Man City relegation game in the rain...but...for me this moment has impacted more than anything else. I was living in London and waiting for any news about how the ground looked superb etc...then news came through of a delayed kick off...then dribbles of news each one sounding worse than the next and knowing after 45 minutes or so that our beloved ground, the place that still makes my heart race when I step inside, would be regarded with unwarranted hatred and scorn for a generation......broke my heart that day, for the unecessary deaths and the stain that would taint our ground for so, so long...

Guest gringo69

One that I have just remembered:

The League Cup tie under HW against Chelsea. The first match 3-0 up at half time and scraping a draw. Then losing it the way we did at Stamford Bridge. I was convinced the trophy winners were coming from that tie but I think it ended up with Sunderland and Norwich in the final. But, poo poo, did losing that match hurt!

Paul Cannoville did the damage for Chelsea that night, they went 3-4 up then Zico blasted in a very late penalty, it was a great game and is cricketer Ian Bothams favourite ever game.

The sinking feeling of the Linighan header was awful, we should have had that game in the bag, and extra time in the first final too as arsenal we there for the taking. I have only watched the videos once. enough to confirm it could/should have been ours.

Guest sheridan's2penalties

Hull City away on Boxing Day yonks ago, winning 4-1, left 5 mins early and by the time we got to the car it was 4-4.

:laugh:

ONLY The Wednesday!