worst memory of sheff wed

Guest sheridan's2penalties

My worst day has a Wednesdayite was the day Big Fat Ron left for Villa.

Had part of his name-plate - from his parking space on the wall by the Don that someone had ripped off - on my bedroom wall for years. flip knows what I did with it.

Took so much stick from blunts at school that day.

All that after he'd said he's stay ('I'd be mad to leave here' :angry: : still think to this day he was leaving all along and only stayed on for the city centre parade)

Had part of his name-plate - from his parking space on the wall by the Don that someone had ripped off - on my bedroom wall for years. flip knows what I did with it.

Took so much stick from blunts at school that day.

All that after he'd said he's stay ('I'd be mad to leave here' :angry: : still think to this day he was leaving all along and only stayed on for the city centre parade)

Big Ron changed the culture of our club, if he had stayed with us, I believe we would have won many more trophies. I remember some national pundits stating that we would be "the team of the nineties" I know Tricky had a couple of good seasons, but that was with the majority of Ron's team, and I do realise that tricky made two of our best ever signings in Waddle and Walker, but for me, Big Ron would have cemented us as one of the countries top teams for many years to come.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Scraping into the play offs and poxing a win against Harlepool is hardly the same now is it?!

Go to go with Forest 1990 and the FA Cup Final in 1993 as well.

In 1990, my girlfriend had been in the USSR for five weeks and was coming back the day after the game against Charlton away.

Left Selhurst Park after the 2x1 win, thinking Luton had lost (or drawn) and we were safe. Got home to find we weren't safe. Ah, well, I thought, the girlfriend's home tomorrow. I'll spend the week having no holds barred sex and then I'll see us get the point we need against Forest.

Picked up the girlfriend at the airport next day and she told me she wanted to split upmellow.gif.

Ah, well, I thought, we'll get the point we need against Forestblink.gif.

Fast forward to 93...

I was catatonic after that last minute goal...could not believe we hadn't won that game...I was so demoralised I walked home from Wembley...an hour in the weeing rain to my house...just up the road from Highburyhuh.gif.

I was out the next day in my Wednesday shirt though, staring down all the flipping gooners I saw angry.gif

and that night my new girlfriend (met her three days after the League Cup win, incidentally) gave me a seeing to I won't forgetrolleyes.gif.

No contest, It was to be the best way possible to celebrate my 16th birthday on 15th May 1966. We were going to win the cup on 14th May against Everton. All was goiung to plan, an early lead given to us by McAlliog in the 4th minute was added to when West could n't hold on to a Fantham shot on 54 mins and Ford bundled in for a 2-0 lead...easy easy easy ! 44 years on and I still can't figure out how we managed to concede 3 to Derek Temple and Mike Trebilko (2). Thinking about it ......Vic Mobley, not a great centre half but steady and a stallwart of our cup run picked up a bad ligament injury in the semi against Chelsea at Villa Park, we had John Hickton a cenre forward who was converted from centre half. He was in his mid 20's so not lacking experience. Brown (the manager) dropped a bomb shell in selecting 17 year old Sam Ellis, untried, untested and lacking experience. Gerry Young did admirably talking, cadjouling and covering Ellis throughout the game. However the task of keeping his eye on and monitoring Ellis throughout the game proved a little too much. Just after the hour a hopefull long ball squeezed under Gerry Youngs attempt to control the ball, trebilko raced onto the loose ball and beat the diving Springett just inside his left hand post.2-1 This unnerved the Wednesday rear guard and the rest as they say is history 2-3. What a poo poo 16th birthday !

Guest York Owl

No contest, It was to be the best way possible to celebrate my 16th birthday on 15th May 1966. We were going to win the cup on 14th May against Everton. All was goiung to plan, an early lead given to us by McAlliog in the 4th minute was added to when West could n't hold on to a Fantham shot on 54 mins and Ford bundled in for a 2-0 lead...easy easy easy ! 44 years on and I still can't figure out how we managed to concede 3 to Derek Temple and Mike Trebilko (2). Thinking about it ......Vic Mobley, not a great centre half but steady and a stallwart of our cup run picked up a bad ligament injury in the semi against Chelsea at Villa Park, we had John Hickton a cenre forward who was converted from centre half. He was in his mid 20's so not lacking experience. Brown (the manager) dropped a bomb shell in selecting 17 year old Sam Ellis, untried, untested and lacking experience. Gerry Young did admirably talking, cadjouling and covering Ellis throughout the game. However the task of keeping his eye on and monitoring Ellis throughout the game proved a little too much. Just after the hour a hopefull long ball squeezed under Gerry Youngs attempt to control the ball, trebilko raced onto the loose ball and beat the diving Springett just inside his left hand post.2-1 This unnerved the Wednesday rear guard and the rest as they say is history 2-3. What a poo poo 16th birthday !

That's one hell of a nasty *****.