worst memory of sheff wed

Guest Stereophonics

Sheff Utd at home, can't remember which season.

We lost 2-1, Asaba and D'Jaffo scored for them I think and Sibon scored for us.

Guest Deleted member

I think the day the first letter from Irwin Mitchells arrived was as low as it got for me... lol

Guest Stereophonics

I think the day the first letter from Irwin Mitchells arrived was as low as it got for me... lol

Yeah that is pretty bad mate.

Akinbiyi volley for the pigs - Colin dancing on the touchline.

Wanted to throw up that day.

Emmm either the year we went down from the Premier League, when we were 3-1 up away at Arsenal for them to come back and draw 3-3 to relegate us was pretty bad.

Or last day of this season against Palace was a downer too.

The above and the collapse at Derby in Feb 2000. This game still haunts me to this day and never allows me to believe Wednesday have won a game until the final whistle has blown, what ever the score line.

Edited by PeteG_1984

Guest Distraught!

2 days stand out for me as lows:

1. Forest at home 1990

2. Appointing Alan Irvine

Agree with these.

Also missing promotion by a single point under Big Jack took some accepting.

Linighan's header was a sickener but Mark Bright's miss when it was 1-1 was just as bad (I still can't believe he put it the wrong side of the post). Also the Linighan handball that prevented a very clear goal scoring opportunity.

And that day when BFR did the Judas act!

Guest Distraught!

One that I have just remembered:

The League Cup tie under HW against Chelsea. The first match 3-0 up at half time and scraping a draw. Then losing it the way we did at Stamford Bridge. I was convinced the trophy winners were coming from that tie but I think it ended up with Sunderland and Norwich in the final. But, poo poo, did losing that match hurt!

Derby away 1999/00 season,

Desperately needed a win and in previous games looked like we would never get one, however 3-1 up with two minutes left, I thought as last a lifeline for Premiership survival!! to throw it away and draw 3-3 was soul destroying, I was so mad i couldn't walk, my knee's were numb with rage, ive never felt so mad in my life let alone a football game,

Also the Blades away this season, but that was more blind panic then anything of seeing a potential cricket score and witnessing their 'boxing day massacre'