Who did what?

Guest JonR

You ever heard of the 'Tortoise and the Hare' or 'David and Goliath'. Not that I am suggesting it should be;

Shark/Bear/Starling/Tortoise/Hare/David/Goliath

But, in certain circumstances a Starling could win easy. Especially if they were all thrown out of a plane.

:laugh:

I wondered where you were heading with that.........wasn't disappointed.

I wondered where you were heading with that

Always hated prejudice. Some on here are sucking up to the Bear and Shark a bit too much.

I thought the Starling needed a break. Call it positive discrimination.

Think I'll write to my MP.

Footnote - Daphne DeMaurier wrote the Birds and Don't Look Now. Both classics. I bought the wife a first edition of them both as short stories. Wasn't expensive either (didn't tell her that though).

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Always hated prejudice. Some on here are sucking up to the Bear and Shark a bit too much.

I thought the Starling needed a break. Call it positive discrimination.

Think I'll write to my MP.

Footnote - Daphne DeMaurier wrote the Birds and Don't Look Now. Both classics. I bought the wife a first edition of them both as short stories. Wasn't expensive either (didn't tell her that though).

didn't she also write Rebecca and Jamaica Inn....

if there was a first editionof both of these it may make a good muck title....

snarf snarf....

dont look now the bird rebecca has jamaica inn.....

I've been to Jamaica Inn - quite spooky and supposed to be haunted

It's a good place to visit when round Bodmin way

Did you visit the museum with stuffed animals? All part of the Victorian collecting mania.

Quite bizarre. Well worth a visit.

Jamaica Inn is a good read too.

Edited by ReadingOwl

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Did you visit the museum with stuffed animals? All part of the Victorian collecting mania.

Quite bizarre. Well worth a visit.

Jamaica Inn is a good read too.

In which she invented the legend of the Cornish Wreckers as there is no record of anyone in real life luring ships onto the rocks to nick the stuff on board ...

according to QI that is...

Thought....

I wonder if we can get the Wednesday takeover bids on the general ignorance round on that program?

Just wondered.....

In which she invented the legend of the Cornish Wreckers as there is no record of anyone in real life luring ships onto the rocks to nick the stuff on board ...

according to QI that is...

Not sure about that - in the First and Last Inn in Sennen (Land's End) there is a (formerly) secret passage that leads away from the pub to the cliffs - a woman was apparently hanged because of her wrecking and looting - she used to passage tp get secretly to/from the cliffs and bays

Tales of wrecking are legendary in Cornwall

Not sure about that - in the First and Last Inn in Sennen (Land's End) there is a (formerly) secret passage that leads away from the pub to the cliffs - a woman was apparently hanged because of her wrecking and looting - she used to passage tp get secretly to/from the cliffs and bays

Tales of wrecking are legendary in Cornwall

The worst one for wrecking was a bloke called ............................................Bills, apparently.

There was four of em, allegedly.

what about a swallow?

they travel thousands of miles carrying coconuts, I understand. Electric cablaes would be a piece o'wee wee

Agreed, but swallows are very rare in the UK now. Plenty of Swifts, but few Swallows.

Whereas, Starlings/Bears/Sharks are quite common.

We can't put an endangered species in the front line, can we? We'll have the RSPCA after us.

Sounds plausible to me. But a Sparrow?

Racist.

second time i've done that!

what about a swallow?

they travel thousands of miles carrying coconuts, I understand. Electric cablaes would be a piece o'wee wee

african or european?