Who did what?

Guest JonR

Agreed, but swallows are very rare in the UK now. Plenty of Swifts, but few Swallows.

Whereas, Starlings/Bears/Sharks are quite common.

We can't put an endangered species in the front line, can we? We'll have the RSPCA after us.

RSPCB to be pedantic

Could they be disguised as pigeons?

Guest billsaja

RSPCB to be pedantic

Could they be disguised as pigeons?

RSPB to be really pedantic.

As for Duckwortth/Lewis - just shows why statisticians and sports should never be allowed to mix.

Edited by billsaja

Guest Wimbledon Owl

I thought that Nick Parker was LS's right hand man?

How is his position teniable in the current situation? What was his involvement in the whole saga?

The article talked about above makes him sound like he has changed sides!!

I am sure he won't last long.

Edited by Wimbledon Owl

I thought that Nick Parker was LS's right hand man?

How is his position teniable in the current situation? What was his involvement in the whole saga?

The article talked about above makes him sound like he has changed sides!!

I am sure he won't last long.

Maybe - just maybe - NP is extremely good at what he does and to get rid of him out of spite would be daft even for our basketcase of a club?

I think it's known as "throwing the baby out with the bathwater"?

Who would you advocate for his role were he to leave?

Maybe - just maybe - NP is extremely good at what he does and to get rid of him out of spite would be daft even for our basketcase of a club?

I think it's known as "throwing the baby out with the bathwater"?

Who would you advocate for his role were he to leave?

It cost a lot to pay off Karen by all accounts, so probably can't afford to do it again with NP

It cost a lot to pay off Karen by all accounts, so probably can't afford to do it again with NP

But what if he is actually good at his job and worth every penny of his salary?

What would be the benefit of moving him on?

I'm interested in who Wimbledon Owl would replace him with - and why

Seems he has all the answers

Ask Billsaja. He was vigourously calling for NP to be sacked post the relegation. Apparently it was all NP's fault.

He suggested alternatives on OO.

This has now changed by the way (I believe) they are now friends again.

Ask Billsaja. He was vigourously calling for NP to be sacked post the relegation. Apparently it was all NP's fault.

Bills changed their minds?!

Totally shocked.

Almost as shocked as if they didn't know any details about their 'close friends', the Chans.

I don't think I've read bills advocating that? (But I'm willing to be corrected)

I'm with Scram on this one. Perhaps he is doing a good job? The club has financial difficulties and this man has a good history in industry, for raising funds and manage budgets, man power etc.

Edited by M Royds

Guest Wimbledon Owl

I'm interested in who Wimbledon Owl would replace him with - and why

Seems he has all the answers

Scram,

I am not suggesting anyone, however I am not sure that any new Chairman will trust him and therefore the distrust and fragmentation at board level is set to continue.

Maybe he is good at his job but the continued loss making (he is a finance man afterall), the lack of season ticket sales and ultimately the relegation don't do a lot to support this.

Of course no doubt that is not Nicks fault as it wasn't Lee's fault so perhaps he is excellent at his job as Managing Director. I deal with businesses of all shapes and sizes. From well known Plc's down to small SME's and in most cases the buck stops with the MD.

Anyway, the suggestion wasn't originally that he was no good at his job it was just that it would lead to mistrust as he was brought in by a failed Chairman who has left.

Anyway, my money is on him departing fairly soon.

Scram,

I am not suggesting anyone, however I am not sure that any new Chairman will trust him and therefore the distrust and fragmentation at board level is set to continue.

Maybe he is good at his job but the continued loss making (he is a finance man afterall), the lack of season ticket sales and ultimately the relegation don't do a lot to support this.

Of course no doubt that is not Nicks fault as it wasn't Lee's fault so perhaps he is excellent at his job as Managing Director. I deal with businesses of all shapes and sizes. From well known Plc's down to small SME's and in most cases the buck stops with the MD.

Anyway, the suggestion wasn't originally that he was no good at his job it was just that it would lead to mistrust as he was brought in by a failed Chairman who has left.

Anyway, my money is on him departing fairly soon.

Okay fair enough

My point was that there would be nothing to be gained from punting him out if he was good at what he does - and for the time being he is fulfilling a role that needs filling

If and when somebody comes along that is better then fair enough - but unless he's bad at what he does and unless/until somebody comes along better and/or we get taken over and the newbies want their own person in place then i see no reason why he shouldn't remain in situ.

As for the losses - well NP may have been complicit - but so was Howard Wilkinson and by his brief not only did we see an exponentially rise in running costs but we also got relegated - he's now chairman

And if anybody needed to fall on their sword....

Edited by scram