owls fans down under

Guest baggy

Not sure, business one? The company I've got a job with are sorting it.

Trying to open a bank account over there at the moment, form keeps dying on me though :sad:

Is there any bank in particular to avoid? I've been trying with NAB at the moment but open to suggestions if it won't work.

Particularly banks in the Melbourne/Victoria area

Trying to open a bank account over there at the moment, form keeps dying on me though :sad:

Is there any bank in particular to avoid? I've been trying with NAB at the moment but open to suggestions if it won't work.

The banks down here all do pretty much the same thing. 4 big ones which own some of the smaller ones and offer virtually the same thing with the same service. Commonwealth Bank just has the most branches and ATMs, thats it.

Wife works for NAB so should recommend them! but R-Sole is right they are all about the same.

Wife works for NAB so should recommend them! but R-Sole is right they are all about the same.

I've been trying to get hold of someone from there to sort an account out, I don't have a phone number over there yet though which appears to be a problem on the application form :sad:

Anywhere near Casula. Can't say I've ever seen a Wednesday shirt walking through Liverpool Westfields apart from my own.

Used to live in Glenfield, now live in St Andrews. So quite close. I also avoid Liverpool Westfields like the plague, hate that place like the rest of Liverpool CBD. Used to do my groceries at Casula Mall, occasionally be down there in my Wednesday shirt.

Used to live in Glenfield, now live in St Andrews. So quite close. I also avoid Liverpool Westfields like the plague, hate that place like the rest of Liverpool CBD. Used to do my groceries at Casula Mall, occasionally be down there in my Wednesday shirt.

Wasn't sure you'd be familiar with Casula Mall. I'll be watching the Preston game at a pub in Glebe if you're out n about.

Guest Aussie_Dave

FFA has already signed their death warrant, they have no time to get a good squad together. Will end with the dregs of other clubs and by the time they have the opportunity to have a good squad the interest will have wained. Should've waited a season and let them get on all the contracts running out at the end of next year. Or gone to 8 teams and got rid of that joke club Heart

Lack of patience really.

They know there's a MASSIVE fan base, but if there is nothing but poo on the field, they'll lose it too.

I hope they don't get hammered like Gold Coast and GWS in the AFL.

Aussie fans know nothing about things taking time to develop...

Finally! A western Sydney A-League team. Hope they play at Parra Stadium - within walking distance of my place.

Thoughts?

Finally an A-League team to support, dislike Sydney FC with all that 'glamour' club crap. Hopefully they can get a decent squad together and be competitive and people give them a chance. I'm more hoping they'll play at Campbelltown Stadium since it's close by, but Parra is a better and more central choice. Maybe the odd game out at Campbelltown and Penrith.

Maybe they can play and blue and white vertical stripes.

Guest Aussie_Dave

What's the deal with Melbourne Heart then Dave? Seems to be a lot of hate towards them, is it just because they're a new club?

They are pretty much a bunch of "old soccer" people who got pissed off that Victory got the original licence over their bid. But thy are very lippy for instance when Victory signed harry kewell they instantly came out and said "we could've signed him but he didn't suite our youth policy" but most of their best players have been easily into their 30's (Sibon, Aloisi ect)

Their fans are idiots too, they hate victory cause they think it's a plastic franchise but then go on to support a club that is only around because of their rival's success.

lots of stuff like that, basically think they are some how morally superior to the biggest team in the country

Guest Aussie_Dave

Finally an A-League team to support, dislike Sydney FC with all that 'glamour' club crap. Hopefully they can get a decent squad together and be competitive and people give them a chance. I'm more hoping they'll play at Campbelltown Stadium since it's close by, but Parra is a better and more central choice. Maybe the odd game out at Campbelltown and Penrith.

Maybe they can play and blue and white vertical stripes.

west sydney stuff i've seen (previous bids ect) have basically all been mostly red

west sydney stuff i've seen (previous bids ect) have basically all been mostly red

Listening to the press conference they said they will let the community decide on colours, badge and name. It is aimed to be a "community" club, not a privately owned franchise.