owls fans down under

Guest baggy

Oh geez, can only imagine the type of things people in western sydney will choose

Western Sydney is a broad geographical term. It may contain some non affluent suburbs but it definitely isn't just "bogan country".

I spent my childhood in Blacktown, university at Penrith and Bankstown, now live in Parramatta, and have coached in Hills and Fairfield districts. The amount of difference between each of those places is indescribable.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see just how it all gets put to "popular" vote - online needing to enter a home address perhaps?

give any area of australian suburbia a choice in things like this and it'll end up badly

So you reckon we'll end up with Sydney Supersonic Seahorses and playing in a kit of olive green and pink stripes? Usually these polls do end up bad.

Guest Aussie_Dave

aren't most aussie suburbs like that though? As long as I'm fairly close to the centre I'm happy really.

Do rent prices differ much between the various areas?

some more than others

depends how far you go out of the city, but around collingwood and the like yeah it'll all be fairly pricey

argh, visa has only just been submitted apparently, might not get the all clear until the end of May! Still hoping for an early June appearance though.

Noticed there's a Splendour in the Grass festival towards the end of the month, any of you Melbourne lot been to one before?