owls fans down under

Guest baggy

I'm in St Kilda as well, if the games being shown I'd be up for meeting up with other melbourne owls if the game is being shown.

Also anyone know of any casual/temp jobs in the melbourne area? been searching for past 3 days for something and best I've got is joining an agency.

as far as i can tell we're in the same position as people in the uk are with regards to the game being shown - sky have chosen arsenal vs sunderland so there appears to be no coverage of our game whatsoever.

[just checked the fox sports tv guide for next week...]

Guest Aussie_Dave

Is there anyway to listen to the game over here in Aus? Or if anyone in the UK could upload the match for download afterwards, can you watch full replays on Wednesday player?

wednesday player only way to listen but i think it's free at the moment, most games do have the full replay on WP during the week sometime. maybe check something like bet365, they have games that aren't on telly occasionally if it's a big betting game

That's awesome Trev. Only thing I'd ask is about the club emblem - are we not allowed to use the official one? Or was it tough finding a transparent one against the dark background?

Now all I need to know is who on Earth organised the Fan Club so I can get involved...all seems a bit hush hush to me ;)

i wasn't sure about the emblem my friend ,i think you need the clubs permission , Not 100%sure though ,so came up with that one,

As for the fanclub ,it was Nevthelodgemoor owl who asked me to do it , if i can contact him i will tell him to e,mail you with details if he has any mate ,

Hey you Aussie upside down folk..

Need a bit of advice.. I'm flying out to Melbourne via Dubai at the end of Feb. In fact flying the night after the Derby game from Manch..

Hopefully won't be to pissed or pissed off !.

Due to land in Melbourne Tues 06.30..

Will the time lag / travel half kill me.. or do you think I can get enough kip on the planes ? Need to know if I can go into work on the Tuesday

if possible ?

Cheers..

Never been before so would like as much info as possible..

Need a bit of advice.. I'm flying out to Melbourne via Dubai at the end of Feb. In fact flying the night after the Derby game from Manch..

Will the time lag / travel half kill me.. or do you think I can get enough kip on the planes ? Need to know if I can go into work on the Tuesday

if possible ?

Cheers..

I've been over twice bud and this is my advice.

Sleep in 2 hour stints on the plane, it messes with your mind and you don't know whether you should be awake or not, but that helps with the transition and you're still getting a decent amount of sleep. The flight crew help with this anyway popping round with drinks, food, drinks etc. Just watch a film, have a kip etc.

Take a pair of in-ear earphones, pop em in without any music playing, wear a hoody and pop the hood up - helps dull the sounds.

Be prepared to feel like you're still on a plane when you're walking around. I can only describe as "head-bobbing syndrome" - you feel like you're still encountering slight turbulence and you can go a bit wobbly if you bend over!

I didn't actually suffer too bad with jet lag at all, stayed up all day (early morning arrival for me too), went to sleep quite early on the night I arrived, and all good.

if possible ?

Cheers..

I just try and switch to Aussie time the day I leave so sleep in or stay awake then try and sleep based on Aussie time during the flight. Works for me but the wife can't do it so maybe I'm just lucky.

You moving here then?

Cheers Matt, no unfortunately not.. just doing a few days work at a furnace in Melbourne. Flying back on the Saturday..

Is the airport far from the city ?

Will try to kip as much as possible, but generally don't sleep much on flights am a light sleeper when in company !!.

didn't realise the derby game was the same weekend I'm due to fly out.. so having to alter my arrangements now.. was due to fly

out on Friday and start work on Monday, getting some rest in between.. but balls to that when we are playing the blunts..

Will probably kill me, but hopefully be worth it..

Cheers Matt, no unfortunately not.. just doing a few days work at a furnace in Melbourne. Flying back on the Saturday..

Is the airport far from the city ?

Will try to kip as much as possible, but generally don't sleep much on flights am a light sleeper when in company !!.

didn't realise the derby game was the same weekend I'm due to fly out.. so having to alter my arrangements now.. was due to fly

out on Friday and start work on Monday, getting some rest in between.. but balls to that when we are playing the blunts..

Will probably kill me, but hopefully be worth it..

20 mins on skybus.

I'm moving over to Melbourne at some point this year (all being well).

What's it like for pommies, watching football (of the soccer variety) and general life?

and honestly, how many things will try and kill me the second I put my foot on Aussie soil?

Well mate you picked a good city sporting capital of the world. Football wise 2 local teams victory and Heart. Play our summer so English winter is a similar standard to what I have seen of league one games. For example Jeffers plays out here and still looks poo poo!

All the premier league games are on pay tv also get Spanish, MLS, German and the European comps. So plenty to watch but you will be left searching for random streams of Wednesday games.

As for deadly animals Melbourne is pretty safe been here 7 years and the only thing that's has tried to kill me are some of the drivers out here!

Good luck with the move and if you want an advice feel free to ask

Matt

...you mean...I get to see Francis Jeffers on a football pitch again?!

sweet jesus!

I was fortunate enough to see him score for Wednesday, against Charlton I think it was. Once in a lifetime moment that.

Nothing's concrete or confirmed yet, its all a bit up in the air, hopefully looking to move in 6-7 months or there abouts so I'll be in touch!