owls fans down under

Guest baggy

Thinking of going out to Sydney at the start of 2013 for six months, any advice lads?

Go wildlife watching in West Pennant Hills. Particulary funnel web spider watching. Lovely creatures, when they raise their front legs, prepare to run!

Where to start, make sure you watch a NRL match. If your going to Sydney try and get to either a Manly Sea Eagles or a Canterbury Bull Dogs game. There is also the Eels (der der der der, effin useless), the Roosters and another team who's name i've forgotten (South Sydney).

Beaches, go to Manly! It can be very busy but well worth it. Just be careful at what time you go. I'm not sure if they close the beaches or not around the evening when the little blue penguins return. There are signs around the Manly area about them but can't remember if closed.

Always try and use the boat to cruise into the Harbour and city area.

Prepare yourself for some snide comments from the aboriginals. They're commonly found around the Opera House area and enjoy having a snipe. Google or youtube their encounter with Julia Gillard this year, did she get her shoe back I wonder?

There's a park near the Opera House that I recommend you walk round. You can see if there's a chance of getting shat on by the bats or attempt to feed some eels.

I'm sure the others will mention more but Sydney is a cracking city. No need to worry about the funnel web spiders, it's the bull ants you got to be careful of. They hurt big time! I would not wish anyone to get bitten by one of those little barstewards.

Where to start, make sure you watch a NRL match. If your going to Sydney try and get to either a Manly Sea Eagles or a Canterbury Bull Dogs game. There is also the Eels (der der der der, effin useless), the Roosters and another team who's name i've forgotten (South Sydney).

You also forget Wests Tigers, Sharks and the Dragons. I wouldn't recommend going to Bulldogs or South Sydney games, both have horrible fans.

Not seen much of the a league so far, I'll be supporting glory though might try and get to a couple of games on my R and R. On a different not just a week left at work then meeting my mate in Sydney who's flying out from Sheffield for 3 weeks. He's an owl too. Get to Sydney on 25th can't wait to get in the ivy for the sunday sesh!