Goals from defenders

We need more. 

Sheer lack of them. Yes they are there to defend obviously but need to work on set pieces n corners etc. 

Not looked but think Pudil got couple, Lees couple, Loovens 1, Hunt none.  Sasso scored as many in one game n hardly played. 

Come back Reda n Llera 

Lees bagged a few, Loovens finally got one and I think Pudil netted on one or two occasions. 

But no I agree we could do with both center halves chipping in with 5, 6 goals a season. 

Have to say I thought losing Wallace so early on Wednesday was a massive blow. Not just because he has been really good this season, but his set plays have been excellent in the second part of the season. 

Think I'm more concerned that Bannan went a whole season, playing the majority of the time, and didn't net once. We need more from him.

Shame we lost Lee as early as we did. The way he was going he could have gotten into double figures over the course of a full season.

9 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Think I'm more concerned that Bannan went a whole season, playing the majority of the time, and didn't net once. We need more from him.

Shame we lost Lee as early as we did. The way he was going he could have gotten into double figures over the course of a full season.

Bannan scored against Bristol City...

But yeah he doesn't score anywhere near enough goals for a player with his talent levels. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bannan scored against Bristol City...

But yeah he doesn't score anywhere near enough goals for a player with his talent levels. 

Erased that game from my head.

Point still stands though, like you said. He has enough shots, enough of the ball. He's not a defensive midfielder...he's very attacking & we need to see more.

24 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Erased that game from my head.

Point still stands though, like you said. He has enough shots, enough of the ball. He's not a defensive midfielder...he's very attacking & we need to see more.

Sits too deep to score many goals!!

8 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Defenders aren't there to score goals. 

It would be nice though. 

Nigel Pearson and Mel Sterland scored more goals than most of our midfielders and even some of our strikers.