Hirst going to the Toulon Tournament

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Is Matt hamshaw the last player we had to go there with England?

Oh christ, probably mate, honestly can't think of anyone we would have remotely had since then, given how bad our academy was over the years.....

Mat Hamshaw didn;t go to a Toulon tournament.  Up until last few years it was an U21 tournament but recently England have sent an U20 team which this one is with Hirst in.  Hamshaw played for England at schoolboy level and U18. Lee Briscoe played in it in 1996(Blast from the past).  Think he was last Wednesday player.

Edited by Etchesketch

Guest Manwithastick
21 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Not many English sounding names in that squad

Just cant help yourself, can you?

21 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Mat Hamshaw didn;t go to a Toulon tournament.  Up until last few years it was an U21 tournament but recently England have sent an U20 team which this one is with Hirst in.  Hamshaw played for England at schoolboy level and U18. Lee Briscoe played in it in 1996(Blast from the past).  Think he was last Wednesday player.

Reading this should make people realise that George Hirst's career could go either way. Absolutely no guarantees at this stage he will be the player some on here are predicting/hoping. 

Just now, Almat said:

Reading this should make people realise that George Hirst's career could go either way. Absolutely no guarantees at this stage he will be the player some on here are predicting/hoping. 

I remember when  we had five at the Lilleshall School of Excellence which was for he best u16 year olds in the country. Out of the 5 only Steven Haslam started a first team game for us!

31 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

This is an absolute scandal!!!

I mean anyone would think they were picked on ability or something!?

People really need to start taking the "Englishness" of names into account when picking a squad!!

:duntmatter:

*George Hirst would still make it tbf

Edited by Cosby Blunkett

31 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I can see where your coming from in one sense mate. 

However from another viewpoint I'd say this list reflects the multi culturally makeup of Britain in 2017

Just now, Cosby Blunkett said:

This is an absolute scandal!!!

I mean anyone would think they were picked on ability or something!?

People really need to start taking the "Englishness" of names into account when picking a squad!!

:duntmatter:

*George Hirst would still make it tbf

Think one or two are reading a bit too much into my comment, I have no issue with any of it.  My own surname wouldn't exactly be regarded as English.

Bloody world is infected with too many millenials that get upset over the slightest little thing

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Think one or two are reading a bit too much into my comment, I have no issue with any of it.  My own surname wouldn't exactly be regarded as English.

Bloody world is infected with too many millenials that get upset over the slightest little thing

I know what you mean mate, just the other day I saw some bloke spend hours arguing about a f*cking car park! lol

10 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

In no way am I upset or offended by your statement

I just think it is of complete irrelevance to the compilation of a football squad.

It's like saying "not many lovers of peanut butter in that lineup"

Congratulations to George Hirst BTW

Edited by Cosby Blunkett